dongonz

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    dongonz
    Participant

you got a new email :D

in reply to: MP @ Burg Herzberg 2018 #31925
      dongonz
      Participant

Agree with space bandit!!! And please… better sound than last time!!!

in reply to: 2017-11-09 Conne Island / Leipzig #31552
        dongonz
        Participant

Hallelujah :D what a gig. Like always MP in Conne Island is very special! I remember 2010 (yees… the infamous Bent the Lama Gig… I actually was thinking about printing a Shirt with the Text: Shut up.. or Bent shall spit on you!) and 2015 (the Gig the Band considered maybe the best concert they ever played and it was sooo hot in there that the recording equipment failed). Sooo I was excited like a child before the concert this evening. And what should I say… It was absolutely mindblowing!!! First: Great Sound, perfect singing, very precise playing, only Kristoffers Horn-Microphone failed a bit during Taifun. Second: Kristoffer! Awesome guy! Someone said before, that maybe he is the best fourth Person on Stage with MP since ever. I think I agree! He gave the concert this piece of jazzy weirdness I totally love. Third: Tomas: I think he does MP real good! His drumming is soo acurate and on the point what makes the whole MP Sound more pointy ^^ You get the feeling that the musicians got more space to breath. Mostly a good thing imo. Fourth: The Songs they played… Well, I really wished for Radience Freq. but… who would complain when you see Taifun, Superstooge and Mountain! Personally Taifun was my highlight. I think I never saw it in concert so far and when I recognized it from the very first tone I closed my eyes and thanked every spiritual entity that could be. The new songs worked all very good as well. I read, especially at the beginning of the tour, many complained about Lacuna/Sunrise. So when they began with the song I feared a little bit, what might happen. But seriously… it was soo beautiful! Especially the Crimson-Like-Mid-Part!!!! Intreprid and Pacific got me totally in trance-mode and Deppenkogge… well… not from this planet! Bartok and Tower as first Encore, also very nice! Actually there was nothing disappointing at all! Great Show. Hehe… I would have loved seeing TGC as fifth encore but… I am not sure if the really going to play it in Conne Island anymore after 2010 ^^

Thanks for this awesome night! I am tired but I am also kind of in heaven :D

in reply to: The Tower #30547
          dongonz
          Participant

Guys… I read the comments from Bartok and Shakti, or the one from Mark… and I must say I feel a bit sad. Sure, it's your personal opinion whether you like the stuff from the last ten years or not. But seriously… i don't like this whole comparison between Tomas and Kenneth. IMO they are both equally brilliant in their drumming! Sure, they have a different style and hey, I totally get why Kenneth went (or was sent away… still not sure). The albums with Kenneth… I love them all, they are great! I was so sad when the Band announced Kenneths departure but yes, the Music of the last albums went in nearly the same musical direction and it was time for doing something different since this is one thing about Motorpsycho we all love so much. So now, Tomas is here, he did a really good job on The Tower and I am glad and happy. And I must say, not like Bartok, the Album got me from the first note on! I kind of listended to nothing else since last friday, now I am starting to play the whole MP Discography in shuffle mode again to integrate The Tower in this unbelievable overall MP Experience. KUDOS again!

in reply to: The Tower #30524
            dongonz
            Participant

well… my copy arrived yesterday morning and i listened to it three times and now for the fourth time. I really like it! At the moment I like Ship Of Fools most. Sounds a lot like Yes in some parts. As well Intrepid Explorer (more Floydish) and ASFA (very tight). Great stuff! Love It!

in reply to: The Tower #30441
              dongonz
              Participant

Yees.. ordered Gold :D can't wait!

in reply to: Begynnelser – The album #30060
                dongonz
                Participant

my package from stickman arrived today :D … it's quite interesting stuff ^^ like it!

in reply to: Fall tour 2017 #30187
                  dongonz
                  Participant

Love to here this :)

For the first time I'll be at the last two concerts of their Tour. As we know, the Shows from the beginning of each Tour are quite different from the last ones. So I hope to see some freaked out stuff. Also… Conne Island is always a good choice for a Motorpsycho Concert and Festhalle Kreuzberg… never been there but only heard good things about. Lookin' very much forward to!!!

in reply to: Interview with KK #29643
                    dongonz
                    Participant

translation please :)

dongonz
                      Participant

I bought the red (Batman) shirt and i like it very much. I think it's great, that the new cloths are all fair-trade organic material. Once again i feel self-confirmed in my choice of my favorite band. Though I'd love to get my hands on some stuff other than shirts or hoodies. The European Cloth Market is kind of boring. Try to find a Tank-Shirt with cowl or some stylish jackets/coats. …nearly impossible. Europe is all about functional clothing and much more of the same hoodies and shirts. at least for men…

in reply to: 2016-04-27 Dresden beatpol #29286
                        dongonz
                        Participant

To be honest… After the Berlin concert I thought it couldn't get any better. The Band prooft me wrong again. Well… I admit, the sound in Berlin was better. In Dresden there were lots of Guitar and Bents voice wasn't that good in the mix. So there could have been a little more Base and Drums. But when Berlin was as smooth as a Babypopo Dresden was sweet pain, a lot of sweat and a Tinnitus in a way I last experienced after The Mars Volta some years ago :-D But enough about the sound. In my opinion it was, like I said before, a even better concert than in Berlin. The Band play at their best and very tight. You could feel that they went deep and got really into it. Finally, Here Be Monsters… Well,… I stood there the whole song with my eyes closed and mouth open, thinking: Yes… This is the Band wich is still setting the controls for the heart of the sun, on their journey to the south of the sky, knowing, their supper is ready and that it's them, the true and only heir in the court of the Crimson King. Hat's of to you!

in reply to: 23/04/16 Berlin #29267
                          dongonz
                          Participant

It was a very nice show. The sound was warm and full, every instrumant and voice was distinguishable (don't know if this word exists) and the Guys played at their best. Best Motorpsycho Show in Berlin I've seen so far. There was not one lesser good played or arranged song in the set and I loved what they did to the quieter songs from the albums. UpDown and the Waiting Game were great! And… of course BBD and TBM II!!!! Awesome!

So… off to Dresden in two days! I got my expectations pretty high right now :D

in reply to: Tablatures and Guitar Pro Files #27044
                            dongonz
                            Participant

yes, that's the place I meant. anyway… any other thougts and opinions?

in reply to: Tablatures and Guitar Pro Files #27042
                              dongonz
                              Participant

yes, i be aware of that there are some tabs here on this site but like i said… it's not so much. the problem with the tunings, sure, I understand but wasn't there also a page with the tunings?

in reply to: Leipzig (GER), Conne Island 10.06.2014 #27001
                                dongonz
                                Participant

Like always it was like the ultimate freaked out madness. Difficult to say if it was the best MP Concert I've seen. Sure,… the most recent is always the one most present in mind but I only have to say…. Awesome Show. The new Serpentine is so fuckin' cool and Hell was unbelievable. Overall it was a very very tight gig!

So, now that the Tour is nearly over, guys, it's time to write some new stuff and go back to the Studio ;) I think we all agree on that we will never have enough of this Band!

:D

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994