Hey everyone (new member saying hello)

Home Forums General Hey everyone (new member saying hello)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    the visitant
    Participant

Hey everyone! Been reading this great board for some years, but finally took the plunge to add in. Been a fan for nearly 20 years now but not nearly as knowledgeable as many of you.(first Motorpsycho-experience: august 2000, Pukkelpop, Belgium – pop phase still ranks right up there for me)

I'm having a heavy listening phase right now, prompted by these new Roadwork-editions: mostly 5 and 3, some 4 thrown in. And I felt like joining in.

Anyway, I wrote something on Motorpsycho a couple years back on my random music website (now defunct): What I like about Motorpsycho Still says it better than I could right now.

Looking forward to discuss one of my favorite bands with you all!

They're pretty great, right? :-)

TraktorBass
      Participant

Welcome, friend!

the visitant
        Participant

Thanks, TraktorBass!

Bartok
          Participant

Great text! Made me want to play one of the oldies again, maybe some Cake on this rainy day. Thanks! And Welcome!

Valderrama
            Participant

Thanks so much, wonderfully written!

Punj Lizard
              Participant

As a reltively new member myself, welcome to the group. I look forward to reading your posts.

Blashyrkh
                Participant

Welcome !

So if you saw them on Pukkelpop, you're also from Belgium? :)

JERO
                  Participant

Yes, mr. Visitant, you wrote a very good article on MP there, looking for the core-experience of their music to put into words, very good. Ofcourse this forum will always be a lot about lists, tips and tastes, but actually, this kind of contribution I like the most; what is the MAGIC and the WONDER to you, to us (not to analyse it perse, but to describe these indeed life-changing experiences through the communication that is music)! Keep on!

the visitant
                    Participant

@ Blashyrkh: Yep! From Leuven.

Last saw a MP-related concert in february. Bol & Snah at Sojo, which is almost right around the corner.

And you?

Blashyrkh
                      Participant

@the visitant, I'm from Mechelen ;-)

I also saw Bol & Snah at Sojo. An amazing show!

nicoot
                        Participant

Hello and welcome, vistant! Negenduust Gent talking here :) See you all in Maastricht 2 September?

the visitant
                          Participant

@Nicoot: Would be cool! It depends what time they play – first day of the schoolyear on monday, so…

nicoot
                            Participant

Probably in the evening. But hey I start work at 9 am in Gent the next morning, let's do this :D

Sleep is for the weak anyway! I'll be there as well :STG:

punknotyet
                              Participant

Hi everyone!

Long time reader, first time writer here :).

I have a stupid question – how to navigate through "CAMP MOTORPSYCHO » GENERAL" topics in order to see older ones?

It's said, that there are 3,550 topics here, but I can't see magic buttons with page numbers below the screen, so the latest available topic (at the moment) is "Your band".

When I use "Search", then these buttons (like "1 2 3 … 30 Next »") are available, but then I need to know what to search :).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994