12. April. Hulen, Bergen.

Home Forums General 12. April. Hulen, Bergen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Oho, this looks good! Seems like Bergen doublenighters are always worth a trip :MPD:

Acoustic set:

Natures Way

Starmelt

Stardust

Bedroom Eyes

Watersound

Electric:

The Crucible

Pacific Sonata

The Coockoo

Triggerman

Psychotzar

Go to California

Dreamhome

The Tower (inc. Hell pt.7)

Lux Aeterna

2h25m

kjesso
    Participant

Amazing show. Snah must have met Robert Johnson for lunch; he played like a man possessed all night. The five accoustic songs were marvellous. And the setlist got a total makeover from the day before – only the three Crucibles and The Tower was played both nights.

TraktorBass
      Participant

What is Natures Way? New song?

TAF
        Participant

Nature's Way by Spirit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsTK2LHZKPQ

They released it on an EP in the mid-90s, but I don't know that they've played it live before. :-O

Spirit cover!

Juergen
          Participant

"Nature's Way" was a live premiere. They have never performed it live so far.

All five acoustic songs were tour premieres!

Devotional
            Participant

Wow! So no "Tristano", "Hogwash" or "Black To Comm" on night two (have been hoping since UFFA that they’d unleash that on us throughout this tour), but rather the complete opposite with an acoustic set. While I normally would be extremely disappointed with that, what an awesome selection! Opening with "Nature's Way"?! YES! Love that song. Never thought they’d perform it live. Fantastic to see "Watersound" and "Starmelt/Lovelight" there too, and "Bedroom Eyes" is my favourite from Phanerothyme. I believe that was played along with "Stardust" at Byscenen in Trondheim in 2017 too, but it wasn’t surrounded by pure gold like this.

Hope to hear more reports – or even better a recording from this one.

mefisto
              Participant

@Devotional: My friend filmed those two nights, so look out on Youtube…

fillmore
                Participant

Awesome !!! Love them acoustic sets. Hope they'll repeat it down the road.

kjesso
                  Participant

I woke up early in my hotel room, and decided to write some impressions from the Bergen shows on my blog (Norwegian only).

https://kulturguffen.blogspot.com/2019/04/motorpsycho-hulen-bergen-11-og-12-april.html

Phoots Flower
                    Participant

Nature's way yesterday Gullible other day!!!!This year The setlists are very very good

@mefisto Wow!!! :)

Devotional
                      Participant

Thank @kjesso for the extensive report, and @mefisto – that's great news!

Spacebandit
                        Participant

…Nature's ways…only got that one "live" some almost 30 years ago when SPIRIT

hit the Hyde Park in Osnabrück. Great choice for telling people that there's something wrong

about nature and the stupitidy of mankind.

supernaut
                          Participant

Was Watersound all acoustic or was it played in its known version as some kinda "bridge" from the acoustic to the electric set?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994