Motorpsycho Spellemann nominee

Home Forums General Motorpsycho Spellemann nominee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I just recieved a press release from Grappa stating that Motorpsycho is nominated as best rock act at the Spellemann awards (norwegian Grammy).

GBD
    Participant

Nice! They deserve it!

Here’s a story on the nominees: http://www.adressa.no/kultur/article1435892.ece

Motorpsycho – Child Of The Future is up against:

DumDum Boys – Tidsmaskin

Heroes & Zeros – Simian Vices Modern Devices

John Olav Nilsen & Gjengen – For Sant Til Å Være Godt

Skambankt – Hardt Regn

My guess is that John Olav Nilsen & Gjengen wins.

GBD
      Participant

Aaah crap! I fear that too! Don’t really get the whole hype around that band. Personally i think they suck pretty bad!

Can’t say I agree…

Great lyrics, good music, and attitude makes it probably the best norwegian record last year in my book.

But, I still hope Motorpsycho wins of course :)

Elvin
        Participant

I find it quite funny that they´ve nominated for COTH, since it´s not really considered a “real” album. They weren´t nominated for LLM, were they?

Anyways, I´ll be very very very suprised if not John Olav Nilsen and his gang wins.

Next year they´ll probalby win with HMF. Not that I really care about that shit…

Go motorpsycho! :MPD:

otherdemon
          Participant

Elvin: They were nominated for LLM. But Lukestar won that time.

Vegard B. Havdal
            Keymaster

The allmighty Immortal to Spelemann: GTFO. http://www.nrk.no/lydverket/spellemannpris-nei-takk/

supernaut
              Participant

I consider Child of the Future very much a real album.

jtr
                Participant

I consider COTF also very much a real album. Why shouldnt it be? Do you consider Sgt. Pepper an EP? It’s about the same length as COTF and was also released on vinyl only when it first came out.

otherdemon
                  Participant

I also think that the fucking hyped-up boring piece of shit J.O.N & Gjengen will win.

But if it was up to me, either MP or Heroes & Zeros should win (Simian Vices Modern Devices is a brilliant album!)

Elvin
                    Participant

Lenght has nothing to do with it. There a albums that last 20 minutes and EPs that last 40 minutes.

And I don´t consider COTH an studio album nor en EP, but more like fishtank/barracuda thingy. They didn´t intend it to be follow up til Lucid, but a “secret record for the fans” as snah said recently. And it ended up selling 10k LPs and being nomineted for spellemansprisen. Which I find quite amusing.

And what do you mean, Stg Pepper wasnt released on CD/download in ´67?!! Of course it was, you guys must be crazy ;)

GBD
                      Participant

@ Otherdemon: :cheers:

Huh…as long as it’s out there, 40 minutes in length and with good songs on it, i don’t get why it shouldn’t be viewed as a real album?! Anyway, here’s to a miracle happening, that the norwegian audience realizes that JON&G is crap, and that MP deserve this award for yet a good album + their tireless effort to make good music for 20+ years now! Go Motorpsycho!!

Elvin
                        Participant

Yesyes, COTF is good! Hope it wins :)

Even if it doesnt´t win, MP should get the lifetime achivement award (if there is such award, and if doesn´t, make one and give it to them)

if it wasn’t for the fact that motorpsycho are so prolific and bring out such long records year on year, i don’t think anybody would even question whether cotf is an album or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994