10.03.2011 – Landmark, Bergen (NOR)

Home Forums General 10.03.2011 – Landmark, Bergen (NOR)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    fillmore
    Participant

The first concert in Bergen is well underway, the band is on stage right now. I just got a mail that they have just played "Fool's gold" ACOUSTIC…!

Un.Chien.d.Espace
      Participant

i'm already jealous…

Setlist:

Close Your Eyes

Kill Devill Hills ->Hallucifuge->The Alchemyst (30 minutes or so…)

Acoustic set:

Fool's Gold

Blueberry daydream

Upstairs/Downstairs

Feel

All Is lonelines

Starhammer/The Wheel/Starhammer

On A Plate or Leslie's Vest

Mountain ->Nothing To Say

Gullible's Travails

Really intimate venue, more later

Simon and Snahfunkel!

Great gig.

Thank you.

Tomcat
        Participant

They're doing it sweet again :-) Looks like a brilliant gig to me, I wonder how it was to have an "acoustic break" in the middle!?

They played Riding the Tiger as encore,too.

Playtime: ~ 2h 25min

This was really a very great gig with many moments to smile.

I´m looking forward to be there tomorrow again :mrgreen:

Was it Ride the Tiger?

Think it was just GT. The hole thing.

The lyrics is something about rididng the Tiger at the end though….

enjoy tonight!

What an epic night. Felt like it was something really special. Was blown away by jams. Cannot remeber riding the tiger though, setlist seems to be right. I will post a picture or two tomorrow, too drunk now.

Both playing acoustic guitar, and FOOLS GOLD. Had chills all over!

Elvin
          Participant

Fy faen this looks like a fantastic night. Envious! It´ll be fun to see tonights setlist, if they do something complete different or not.

fillmore
            Participant

Like Tomcat said: Sweet! Hope they got the vocals right during the acoustic portion ;-)

Evol
              Participant

Judging from the setlist, I wish I'd been to this show instead of Rockefeller!

Seing the three last concert I must say that it's been a long time since I have felt the concerts as solid as on this tour, everything fits togheter perfectly, the jamming and the fluently switching betwen the songs.

Last night in Bergen was woth the trip, entering the venue to discover 4 acoustic guitars in the backline confimed this would be a special night, the carpet they used at Rockefeller covered the complete stage at Landmark, I'd say the stage was only 40 cm high, the band was in a good mood and the audience was brilliant, at least I did not hear any annoying talking at all.

Close Your Eyes was a great opener with its great intro (for me one of the highlights last night).

Then the massive tripple with KDH->Hallucifuge->Alchemyst, it tore the place appart and swithing to accoustic was needed.

Kenneth played tangents to Fool's and acordding to Bent a song he learned on tangents just before the show.

Blueberry Daydream, quiet like when the 10-12 years ago had an accousti opening on some norwegian dates, only the guitar work from Snah was much more solid. Really a great version of and old classic.

Upstair/downstair is not really my fave, but in yesterdays setting it worked really well, I must say Snah's vocals is really great these days.

Feel always works.

Normally I recognize All Is Loneliness when they start the intro, this time I didn't..unexpected but a very nice contribution to the tour.

Besides the opener the midsection Starwheelstar is the biggest moment, Bent's "downtoned?.." voice when singing lines from The Wheel and the laidback playful guitar work from Snah really presents The Wheel from a new angle, the switch back to Starhammer at the perfect moment.

Mountain/NTS needs no coment, other than when Snah/bent came out of synch doing the Mountain/Shadows move, they started kick after eachothers leg. Gullible's Travails is for me standing out as one of the last 10 years biggest songs, as an encore it is huge, best version last night of the entire tour. This song really evolves and I am exitied to see how this turns out in the next years…

Thomas

PS: I was outside the venue for five minutes while they did soundcheck and heard a very calm, down to earth version of Year Zero, two cents that this song is on todays setlist.

fillmore
                Participant

Thanks for the comments Thomas, I enjoyed reading them!

Here's today's review of yesterdays gig

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/konsert/anmeldelser/Luksuspsycho–1270505.html

Looking forward to attend tonights show.

TAF
                  Participant

Motorpsycho stripper for bergenserne

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/konsert/Motorpsycho-stripper-for-bergenserne-1269944.html

Snah mentions: "- The concerts will definitely be different. There's a danger that some of the city's (Bergen's) big heroes might contribute, we'll see who has the nerve to show up."

Was written before yesterday's gig, but always interesting to see if they bring guests onstage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994