Tuning!

Home Forums General Tuning!

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Helloes!

Im a fellow finnish psychonaut and a bit new to Motorpsycho..

I heard a clip of "Starhammer" from Dunajam 2010 from youtube and instantly fell in love for this band.

So i was wondering.. What tuning they are using in "Heavy metal fruit" ?

Hello there, and welcome :)

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that they use standard tuning on most of the songs, at least on Starhammer. Gullible's Travails is in an alternative tuning, my guess would be DGDGAD. But over the years they've used a myriad of different tunings, some being pretty weird :)

Thanks dude! You just saved me from losing my nightsleep..

Ah, now to take that SG, tune it up and then waking up all the neighbours! :twisted:

Bumping this thread.

Anyone has any decent tabs for HMF?

I certainly could use some. :-)

supernaut
    Participant

for LLM tabs are very much needed too…

Actually, Starhammer might be in Standard D, but that's along the big lines of how he plays it:

-11–7–14~–14-16-14—16—14—9-

-8—4–11~–11-13-11—13—11—6-

I sometimes play it an octave lower, i'm not too sure about his playing. But you get the idea.

/12~-12~

/12~-12~

-2-2

7—2-2—x-2–/12~-12~—2-2

7—2-2

0h2p02~–

-2-2

7—2-2—x-2

2-2

7—2-2—0h2p02~

-0-0—0-5—0-0—x-0

0-0—0-5—0-0

Sometimes he plays the trillers (0h2p02~) an octave higher (making it 12h14h12h14~), and sometimes he plays the last parts of the riff 3 times instead of twice (listen to it, you'll know what I mean, the trillers keep going to the 3rd string… too lazy to figure out the structure :P). Then sometimes there's this:

-2-2

7—2-2

-2-2

7—2-2

-0-0—0-5—0-0—3~-4~-5~-

This isn't all very clear, and surely not accurate, but at least it's something ;) now someone tab me Year Zero, pwease? :)

Edit: Oh yeah, copy this into a .txt file to read it properly ;)

And I'm pretty sure that LLM is in the same tuning as Sinful, Windborne, making it E B D# G# B D# (since he used the same guitar for both tunes, same for Alchemyst).

Edit2: I accidentally tabbed the first riff for standard E and the rest for standard D, and corrected it now. Now I'm pretty sure though now that he plays it an octave lower. Or you could just play it in drop D or whatnot…

supernaut
      Participant

Alchemyst tab please anyone!

i'm too lazy…. and incompetent….

Does anyone know what tunings Bent used on his Longhorn guitar on Un Chien D'Espace and Loneliness on the recent tours (2008 & 2010)? I'm not so familiar with baritone guitars, but the tunings shown with the lyrics can't be very comfortable to play on a baritone, no…?

Hi everyone!

Motorpsych kind of led me to become a fan of alternate tuning. "Hey Jane" is one example of Snah's tuning-capability's, and as far as I know this is the actual leverage behind the "motorpsycho-soun", it makes it special, unik and so on.

Finding out of the correct tuning is hard, but not impossible.

Keep on reaching higer grounds!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994