Steinkjerfestivalen

Home Forums General Steinkjerfestivalen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

Steinkjerfestivalen here we come.

Monolithic today, Motorpsycho tomorrow, and an impressive list of other great bands as an added bonus.

Hope someone is bringing a (rainproof) sound/video recorder to capture the event for eternity.

fillmore
      Participant

I would love to be there of course! Kindly let us know how it was and what they played! Enjoy! :-)

clencypu
        Participant

Hey, where's the Setlist from the Festival? Nobody?

ThorEgil
          Participant

OK, here's the official setlist from the mixing desk.

IMAG0190.jpg

The last two was done by the double band Motorpsycho+Monolithic. i.e. Snah got help on guitar (like he need it :D ) from KK's Monolithic partner Stian Westerhus.

The last song was a Deep Purple

surftex
            Participant

WOOOOOW!!! Hope someone recorded it! I love to hear the last two tracks with Stian on 2nd guitar. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's the first time Snah & Stian playing Hardrock together on stage?!

fillmore
              Participant

Hush!

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                Participant

"noth to mount" means nothing to say -> mountain?

Great concert!! Relly cool with "Hush" being played, and the double guitar was fun (although it was a whole lot of sound to absorbe then). We did record but I have not heard the result, and I'm worried it might have been to much talking from near-standing audience. STG, nothing to mountain, Starhammer and Hush was my highlights, but ofcourse: they could have played one hour more :MPD:

Juergen
                  Participant

Dear greener81,

many thanks for your short report about the show. Even if the recording sounds only mediocre: You can imagine that many of us are interested to listen to it. If you see a chance to share it to us then do it! If you want to share and need any assistance (maybe a tracker) then ask!

ThorEgil
                    Participant

Absolutely an amazing show. The guys were in a very good mood – first concert in the home town in a very long time. Bent and Snah lived in Steinkjer some years in their youth. And Stian is also a local boy.

Starhammer was introduced as being about the Sheriff of Snåsa, the neighbouring county.

Did an attempt on recording the two last songs on my mobile but the recordings turned out completely useless. I guess that is why they sell dedicated recorders for this purpose :? I do have a few lousy snaps however, from the mobile crapomatic. I'll put them up later.

surftex
                      Participant

Hi greener81,

thanx for your report.

It would be very cool, if you could share your recording with us!

Thanks in advance…

fillmore
                        Participant

Thanks for recording! Looking foward to hear it!

It will maybe take some time, but I'll try to convince some sound-people go through the material.

fillmore
                          Participant

…but even before that maybe we could get the raw material first? Then you can take your time to remaster it and we can get the upgrade later on ;-)

ThorEgil
                            Participant

I have a few pictures here from the soundcheck/last rehearsal where they ran through the songs with Stian.

IMAG0162.jpg

The guy chatting with Bent is Shining frontman Jørgen Munkebye inquiring for the price of the Taurus synth. (For those who might be interested, I asked Jørgen about the upcoming Shining DVD – "It's a lot more work than expected. But it will still be THE Gift for xmas this year.") Shining was one of the absolute highligths of the festival.

IMAG0164.jpg

Kenneth taking a snap for his family album.

IMAG0167.jpg

Hogwash

For concert pictures you can find better samples e.g. here Trønder-Avisa or here NRK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994