Valkenburg (NL), Openluchttheater 30.06.2024 – Midsummer Concert

Home Forums General Valkenburg (NL), Openluchttheater 30.06.2024 – Midsummer Concert

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    mirai no maboroshi
    Participant

Setlist:

Mad Sun
      Psycholab
      Starmelt/Lovelight
      Mountain
      Patterns
      The Visitant
      All My Life (I Love You)
      Hey Jane
      Manmower
      Psychonaut
      Quick Fix
      X-3
      Hyena
      Into The Sun

Notes:
      – same line-up as yesterday in Erfurt
      – approx 1h35m

Francesco

Krist Rampage
      Participant

The whole evening was pure magic. The venue is one of the most beautiful i have ever seen, lots of kind people and excellent beers. But, more important: the gig was amazing! Everything worked, every single song was a highlight for me. The singing was spot on the entire gig and the band seemed to have a lot of fun.

The audience really seemed to like it too. I had the impression there was an interestion mix of die hard fans and curious people who live nearby or in Valkenburg. I spoke to a guy who never heard of the band but was totally blown away and really happy with the Grand Funk cover.

A few random notes:

– more jamming than i expcected beforehand. Totally far out versions of Psychonaut, Manmower and Mountain.
        – Bent introduced the Visitant as a song they never played live before, which isn’t true. Really really awesome version. Much better than the studio version.
        – The new songs worked perfectly. Very very nice and groovy Psycholab.
        – I could be me but i don’t think i have been this moved by a Motorpsycho gig in years. Mad Sun, Hey Jane, Manmower, Paterns, wow.
        – It was a sitting gig. Afer a few songs when it started to rain lots of people got to the front of the stage. Awesome. Lot of people totally in the zone.
        – Bent was quite talkative and funny.
        – They where supposed to play untill 22:00. At 21:58 Bent said they where allowed to play one more song after which we got a blistering rendition of Into The Sun. I guess it is about right the gig lasted 1h35m but it could be a little more.

nicoot
        Participant

Well, fuck.

No seriously, happy to read it was a great moment in time and space. I’m more into the space prog epic MP, but was quite curious about this approach and set as well (especially in this setting). Love these concise shorter songs, which -live- weren’t so concise or short apparently.

I managed to relativize my absence, seen ’em so many times since 2013 and from Tromso to Milan, and will probably see them again in 2025 and all the following years, right? :)

If they can play the Valkenburg OLT, they must at some point play in the Antwerp Rivierenhof OLT. A magical setting as well (look it up!), with a great annual Summer line-up (over 2,5 months) consisting of (among many others) Emma Ruth Rundle, Tinariwen, Mdou Moctar, Explosions In The Sky, Peter Hook & The Light, Marcus Miller,…

MP would definitely fit in, as a doube bill or so, like yesterday…

Mark
          Participant

…but with a better support please.

ThorEgil
            Participant

And the videos are starting to appear on Vimeo. :yahoo: Thank you Bernie for capturing this and preserving it for eternity! :cheers:

ffbernie
              Participant

@THOREGIL : you are such a cheater :-) I noticed you liking them immediately while they were uploading to VIMEO :-) But its only official when they appear on the CLIPSSITE :-)

sound is not great but hey…it was open air and rainig very hard :-)

SO ahem…again…everyone…some videos are appearing on the CLIPSSITE…feel free to check em out…more to come x

https://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/

suntripper
                Participant

Sounds pretty good to these ears, Bernie! Looks good too! So great to have these impressions of what looks like a special night. Thank you!.

ffbernie
                  Participant

thanks suntripper

Tomcat
                    Participant

❤️🧡💛 Thanks Bernie for all your efforts! :stg:

Tomcat
                      Participant

Btw. Bent said before The Visitant that they’re playing sth. they’ve not played before- but they did (though not yet with Ingvald). I remember once in Bremen and I recall not being too enthusiastic about it … on Saturday in Valkenburg it 🔥 was 🔥 burning 🔥

Krist Rampage
                        Participant

I totally agree Tomcat, awesome version.

Thanks a lot for the great videos Bernie! You apperently had a lot of cameras installed. Very well done! The sound is quite good too.

I am perhaps the most happy with the vid of Mountain. Not only because its an awesome rendition of an amazing song but also because of what happened in the audience. Like I said, magical night.

Phoots Flower
                          Participant

Thanks Bernie♥️

Tomcat
                            Participant

@Krist: Mountain was indeed a Highlight, looking forward to Manmower and P’naut / Quick Fix / X3 coming up :)

General BeeFart
                              Participant

Psychonaut is giving me crazy flashbacks right now… HOLY SHIT! and then the rain…

ffbernie
                                Participant

hey everyone, hope you’re enjoying the vids…ive reached my upload limit…so the rest will have to wait till next wednesday x bernie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994