MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS!

Home Forums General MP Poll 2012: THE RESULTS!

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

@odindahle

Mirror and Diana sure are masterworks. I don't get the animosity towards the Love Cult album either. That one was so out there, even more than it's 2 predecessors, and therefore nothing less but a signpost of this band's vision, uniqueness and quality.

But what are the bad tunes according to you then? One could just simply throw in the Lobotomizer album, of course. :D

odindahle
      Participant

@Great King Rat: Of course it´s about taste. It´s just that i was so surprised about the list of "worst songs" that I had to make a reply. Im really glad people have different taste. Though I would like more people to listen to Motorpsycho. I know just a handful of people who likes it, and only 1 that is really into it.

@Supernaut: Im not sure what´s bad songs when it comes to MP. Not every release have been masterworks, especially some of the first EP´s and CD´s. But every single MP-tune have been my top 5 fav songs for a week or two, and thats what makes it so hard. I started listening to MP with the BH/BC, and loved every song in the end. Then i moved on and kinda "leveld up" in a psychonautish way, and started to listen to the wierder things after a while. Back then i though Sideway Spiral 1 and the end of Grindstone was complete crap. Now i love it. So every piece is magic in different ways. I can say that LLM, golden core, vortex surfer, serpentine, doldrums, nothing to say and carousel are my 1 fav song in the world depending on which mode im in. Like today, I was in Trust Us-mode and thought that The Ocean In Her Eye HAVE to be the best song in the world. Tomorrow it will change! ;)

Great King Rat
        Participant

I also know that mood when "The Ocean in her Eye" is considered the best song in the world. But I really don't like BH/BC! And never did. :?

odindahle
          Participant

BH/BC was the first album i heard, and it was the perfect entrance to the MP universe. When i was 14, I would have hated trust us, AADAP etc. So I started working the stages. BH/BC -> Demon Box -> Blissard -> Timothys Monster. I love BH/BC for that!!

supernaut
            Participant

Since there are so many moods and styles within MP music, I could never pinpoint a top 3 song list (and I guess most of the people here feel this way), although The Golden Core IS a huge stand out due to its emotional majesty.

BH/BC to me ranks among their best records. Like Led Zeppelin's "Presence", it seems to be their overlooked record. I have my problems with the too sugary Beyond the Flood, but the rest is just wunderbar. Top writing and playing, great energy, lots of fast songs and some crazy rides on Kill Devil Hills, Sail On and The Ace. Hyena is marvellous in its mood. Great lyrics on that one. In Our Tree has an amazing chorus. And then Triggerman's hookline, You Lose's hypnotic groove and the somewhat forgotten oldschooldemonboxish classic Trixeene => that's a mighty fine record! Oh and Bent's drumming is AMAZING!

odindahle
              Participant

Ben´s drumming is actually awesome!

The Golden Core gives me goosebumps! Was insane hearing it live at Øya 2010!

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994