07-08-2021 Ringnes, Skotbu

Home Forums General 07-08-2021 Ringnes, Skotbu

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Punj Lizard
    Participant

According to posts/comments on Facebook, the show was recorded and filmed. Apparently the band were also working with De Utvalgte on their latest collaboration. And … they have allegedly started recording a new album at a studio in Oslo (that belongs to DumDum Boys – I guess some of you will know of it).

otherdemon
      Participant

@Punj Lizard: Might be Amper Tone Studio in the center of Oslo. Kjartan Kristiansen

of DumDum Boys owns that studio, at least.

Setlist looks badass, obv :lol:

Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

Looks like a good receipt for generating outstanding Motorpsycho shows: Lock them up in the rehearsal space, allow 5-10 gigs per year maximum, and only in Norway in limited and/or increasingly weird surroundings with an audience between 50-200 lucky people.

Just guessing how to make this work for us non-Norwegian psychonauts. Probably rent a small venue in a central area for a week? Somthing like the Gong Unconvention in Amsterdam Melkweg in 2006?

Btw: this calls for another massive DVD release. Think of all the stuff shelved – starting from Unicorn at Oslo opera and ending just here. Probably call it "Beards"?

supernaut
          Participant

Oh yes to that Beards DVD. Still can‘t believe there‘s never been an A Unicorn at the Opera release.

supernaut
            Participant

Ampertone studios seems to be confirmed according to FB.

supernaut
              Participant

btw what does IMS stand for? still don't know…

Punj Lizard
                Participant

@ supernaut

IMS = Inner Mounting Shame. One of my favourites of their little wordplay jokes – a nod to Mahavishnu Orchestra.

paolinogrande001
                  Participant

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but in my 30+ year relationship with MP I have heard of way too many album/video-projects that have failed to come to fruition – including, incidentally, the filming/recording of the Ringnes concert in 2005 that was going to be made into a DVD – to get my hopes up until there is definitive confirmation from band and management that it is in the works.

*edit – talking about the possible Ringnes-album/dvd, not the fact that they are in the studio.

supernaut
                    Participant

thx Punj ;)

Punj Lizard
                      Participant

I'm trying to get a handle on this "5hrs" claim. I realise that includes breaks between the sets, but does anybody have timings for each set?

supernaut
                        Participant

I don't but I did wonder, too, and made an estimate:

set 1: 130mins

set 2: 70mins

set 3: 45mins

which adds up to 4 hours, so there would've been two 30mins breaks, although someone reported the breaks to be "short"…

Punj Lizard
                          Participant

I had thought something similar but came up with 120 / 60 / 30. Of course long improvs could have extended it further. One person on FB said Azrael deserved a double album all its own! 8O :lol:

Tomcat
                            Participant

My guess: 120 / 85 / 35 plus breaks – more bets? Hope we'll have a proof some (soon) day ;)

Kid A
                              Participant

Seriously, is there still a market for DVDs? I mean, I don’t think they could sell enough to break even. Even I, a dedicated MP Fan since almost 30 yrs wouldn’t buy it, since I don’t even have a working DVD Player anymore. I could imagine a regular Roadworks release including a Download or streaming code for a video. Makes more sense in 2021

Johnny_Heartfield
                                Participant

@ Kid A: From a commercial point you might be right, though I hope not. The streaming madness has gotten most of us already – and I at least love holding a well-designed package like "Hair Cuts" in my hands.

Most of us psychonauts aren't the 17 year old fulltime-streaming media-stupid juvenile type anyway, so let's have a media for the gerontonauts!

Following this line there shouldn't be any vinyl records either, let alone CD releases.

Next I'll buy a Tesla that automatically drives me to the next available Motorpsycho gig in China or New Foundland while playing my recent MP favourites (reading out my mind, of course) and deciding whether to smash the kid on the road with the hiphop music on his headphones or the granny with the schlager music shopping bag! (Rant….)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994