11.03.2011 – Landmark, Bergen, Norway

Home Forums General 11.03.2011 – Landmark, Bergen, Norway

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant

Seems like they played The Bombproof Roll & Beyond too:

http://vimeo.com/21040287

Yes, that´s right. They played Bombproof Roll, too and how you can see, was this one of the two songs they were joined by Jørgen Træen. The other one was The Alchemyst. The parts Jørgen joined were very noisy and spacy ones. It reminded me a little bit of the last 20 minutes of a former Sonic Youth – concert.

So, i had a spacesuit and travelled :wink: .

fillmore
      Participant

At what point in the set did they play "Bomb-Proof"? Before or after "The Alchemyst"? And how long was it? The video cuts off at 12,5 minutes…

Thanks!

fillmore
        Participant

Any news on the recording?

If I remember right was it played before The Alchemyst. It´s a bit hard to say how long the song was but I think it were ca. 20-25 minutes. Maybe a little bit longer…during the noisy part was it hardly possible to know how much time had passed. After the part you can see on the video took it a little while till they came to a short calmer part before they continued with the rest of the vocallines.

what a narrow stage!

wow, the bombproof instrumental part is really very abstract…unfortunately the video is too short. i would like to know how they come back to the song.

can´t wait for the recording.

thanx for the vids.

Juergen
          Participant

A small update on the setlist:

Total time : 2:45:11

1. Year Zero

2. Close Your Eyes

3. Kill Devil Hills

4. Hallucifuge

5. Landslide

6. Starhammer

7. Hogwash/ Halleluwah

8. Fools Gold (acoustic)

9. Mad Sun (acoustic)

10. Whole Lotta Diana

11. Neanderthal (new song)

12.The Bomb-Proof Roll And Beyond (For Arnie Hassle) (with Jørgen Træen)

13.Alchemyst (with Jørgen Træen)

Encore

14.Gullible Travails

I smell a torrent coming…

That's a killer set list. Any word on being able to get a live version?

Seattle Psychonaut

the show is up on dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=353358. thanks to the taper!

fillmore
            Participant

Wow, WHAT A SHOW! I am not even halfway through listening — a beautiful "Landslide" that even surpasses the RWIV version is playing now — but already there were too many highlighst to mention them all.

Juergen
              Participant

Yes, there are some nice moments to discover, e. g. the acoustic songs. The show is getting longer and longer with nearly 166 minutes. This is no. 3 in Motorpsycho recording history as far as the length of the recording is concerned:

no.1: Pisa 2000-04-09 177 minutes

no.2: Oslo 2002-11-27 166 minutes

no.3: Bergen 2011-03-11 166 minutes

fillmore
                Participant

I haven't even heard the acoustic stuff yet and I am already blown away. "Close your eyes" is deep, dark and bleak, "KDH > Hallucifuge" is the total powerhouse with an amazing transition, "Landslide" is different, beautiful and Snah shines on the guitar work here! "Starhammer" has quite a different jam as well, just a funky Snah showcase instead of the group jam and this is one sexy "Hogwash" afterwards…

So they actually never played three hours or longer (I always thought the Pisa show broke the 3h-mark but then I checked my notes and it even said only 170 min). This goes to show that the notoriously reported myth "that the band always plays three hours or longer" is indeed really off…

What about the Holland 1999 concerts? We have incomplete recordings that are up to 150 min long and at least one of them misses "Superwheel and "Vortex surfer" as far as I remember (those were the concerts with 45-50 minute versions of "K9").

fillmore
                  Participant

Oh and of course: We don't have a running time (recording) for all the shows. We have the setlists though and while is pretty easy to at least determine if the show was 2,5h+ with them in some cases they might contain one of those rare extremely long shows.

CaptainAubrey
                    Participant

The Bomb-proof Roll-jam is sick! And fillmore, I do remember seeing a 3 hour rockefeller show once, but I might be wrong. Could be the one from 2002 that is 2 h 45 min.

fillmore
                      Participant

But we have a recording of that one (the one mentioned above) and Jürgen always gets the facts and statistics right :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994