12.05.13 Hamburg

Home Forums General 12.05.13 Hamburg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

[audiance fantastic and respectful until the end]

Indeed, especially as Hamburg crowd always seem to be somewhat chatty during concerts in general. I loved how even the last little sound of Fools Gold rang out before the cheer broke loose.

Tragically no Schlachthof Bremen this time.

But the best Hamburg show by far that I witnessed to Date

Spacebandit
    Participant

Great setlist. 2 hrs 52 min. on my recorder. Ups… Best thing besides this magical show

(and the 5:1 win for FC St.Pauli, which put a real good mood on the evening) was stumbling into the band having dinner at BACKBORD. Accidentaly, as we wanted to have a

nice enegery food supply as well. Nice surprise!

Spacebandit
      Participant

Tragically no Schlachthof Bremen this time.

Oh, and no Forum Bielefeld, too. So I had to make my way to Hamburg.

Will love the KRACH AM BACH. My lawn.

Anyway, I loved to hear the Wishobone Ash jam. AS I'd seen the former band so many more

times like no other. 20 times? 25? Hmm, can't really remember.

Anonymous

@spacebandit

Are you the guy who handed out the sound man the recording device? 8O

Tomcat
          Participant

@KLCK: That man is member of this forum and seing that Spacebandit was there as well, we can be sure at least one decent audience recording will be made available for Psychonauts (bottle jingling included ;).

Very good audience, but as Filmore said – the setlist order didn't really fit together regarding "magic floating". But no complaints, that's a question of taste and we got some very good versions (again) last night. Plus a wonderful Fools Gold. Thank you mp.

Spacebandit
            Participant

What do you want want from life? (quote THE TUBES)

A decent recording is at least the only thing I can provide from the EGGPLANT tour.

My only show. No Bielefeld, no Hannover, no Osnabrueck, only fu**ing Koeln. So I had

to catch the chance. Go ahead, judge yourself, not my best recording.

Guten Abend – Wie geht's – … – Voll geil! (quote Bent 12.05.2013)

Vielleicht klingt's klasse, vielleicht aber auch nicht. Morgen wert ihr mehr wissen…

Ups, and about taping: 1st row far off right facing the stage. No real chatters audible.

I HATE to tape inside a MP crowd. Are they there for the music or enjoying themselves?

Never experienced that at a Grateful Dead show. So – FUCK YOU CHATTERS!

Anonymous

Great! Looking forward to the recording. Voll geil!

stereosofa
                Participant

oh, and some words about the "new" venue for motorpsycho in hamburg: the gruenspan is very nice (staff, interior, ambiance, size).

the band fits very well in there. if future shows will take place there again, i would not mind.

Be
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    I said the "magic flow was missing". [:-)] The disrupted and mixed setlist prevented them from really slipping into the magic zone. There were no transitions between the songs. Instead of a fluent jammy set we got a collection of great individual songs that were all played to perfection.

Hmm, our tastes seem to differ completely! I was so glad that it was NOT just one long jam that noodles one song into the other and in fact I was even glad they didn't play K9 Suite, although I really like that song. For me it was just right to hear SONGS again and not merely sounds. Drug Thing was just so good! I would have really liked the whole Blissard encore the italians got.

Spacebandit
                    Participant

Judge for yourself. MP @ St. Pauli now up on DIME.

otherdemon
                      Participant

Thx for the upload, Spacebandit! But are you having problems with the torrent? Because so far none of us leechers are able to connect to you. EDIT: Suddenly I connected to you. Good stuff :D

Rats Nest
                        Participant

wo genau kann man sich MP @ St. Pauli runterladen?

Holle
                          Participant

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=450274&dllist=1

Now it started.

Yes, thanks for the (quickly) upload. :-)

I agree with filmore and tomcat about the flow comparing berlin and hamburg.

But – the level peak of most of the single songs was in hamburg higher than in berlin, I think.

The interplay with Rune growed up to a fantastic level.

(rune play stay a long time, pleaaase!)

I never had so often goosebumps during a concert like in hamburg.

So for me, the berlin and hamburg shows were different, but both on one ultra high level.

All in all a great tour for me. :MPD:

stereosofa
                            Participant
                              Quote:
                              MP @ St. Pauli now up on DIME.

unfortunately i haven't got a dime-account anymore. could you please upload it on motortrades too?

Spacebandit
                              Participant

MP @ St. Pauli now up on DIME.

unfortunately i haven't got a dime-account anymore. could you please upload it on motortrades too?

As soon as it's all up on DIME feel free to post it on motortrades. But please don't change the txt file. All other (one) is just only their music.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994