14.12.2013 – Byscenen, Trondheim

Home Forums General 14.12.2013 – Byscenen, Trondheim

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    odindahle
    Participant

Insane concert! My feet hurt so much right now, but worth it, of course!

Compared the setlist with my setlist and I have the same!

Crazy tempo-increasing jam in Un´Chien!

Loved the heavy The One Who Went Away at the end!

Rolf
      Participant

Yeah, fantastic show! Thanks for the setlist ThorEgil!

The acoustic set was fun and beautiful, but a bit short and slightly (but only slightly) disappointing to me. Maybe my expectations were too high? But hey, first live performance of "Trixeene"! (Bent said it was a world premiere so I believe him.) It was beautiful. Coventry Boy featured Bent on hi-tech "digital melotron" according to Snah.

"Cloudwalker" was cool, and before the song Bent said something like "this is probably the first song on our best record". "Entropy" was amazing!!

Un Chien. Oh my snah. I have no words. I had trouble breathing, I had tears in my eyes.

Kvestor – not sure if it's been played live before, but it was a cool instrumental with a short drumsolo near the end.

Also, after STG->Serpentine, there was a quick return to STG.

August was wonderful. Superstooge was awesome.

3 guitars (well, 2, plus one bass) in the air during STG. We need a new smiley! :STG:

All in all a fantastic evening. The band was very chatty and funny.

otherdemon
        Participant

Ai ai ai, what a setlist! It wasn't the first performance ever of Trixeene (it was played a couple times in '04 with Geb and a couple in '06 with Brandtsegg/van Rooij), but probably the first acoustic one live! Stay Young, was that another new one?

Kvestor is probably the same instrumental that was played in Ã…lesund/Voss/Beelen (had the same title in Beelen). And check out Bent's Instagram if you want to see a Kvestor drawing :lol:

Really excited about the new songs! Looks like you guys/girls had a great night!

Tomcat
          Participant

Wow, sounds extra extraordinary!

From afar I especially like this quote:

"Cloudwalker" was cool, and before the song Bent said something like "this is probably the first song on our best record". "Entropy" was amazing!!

boomer former helm
            Participant

Trixeene was played? Great!! I love that song and always missed it live :-) Also I am very excited about hearing that new songs were played. Hope for a recording. :cheers:

New songs were great.

Maybe I am wrong, however I believe Bent said the new record is going to be released Mars 7.

Kenneth was even more amazing than usual :-)

Is Stay Young a cover?

Kvestor was kind of looking at MP in the rehearsal room.

Still Life songs were awesome.

otherdemon
              Participant
                Quote:
                Maybe I am wrong, however I believe Bent said the new record is going to be released Mars 7.

According to a guy on Facebook: The title is Behind The Sun, out March 7th.

And did they play this one last night? (Kvestor, I guess)

http://vimeo.com/70121719

supernaut
                Participant

can anyone describe the new songs?

supernaut: a bit hogwash, blues style maybe. Heavy stuff. Much slower than the speedy kvestor.

otherdaemon: seems correct, no orgel yesterday of course. identical drum solo and all. this kvestor thingie takes mp into Rush-style or am I wrong?

Hovmod
                  Participant

Pure magic.

Anyone tape it? Please?

Rolf
                    Participant

I did see the Trondheim Tapin' & Truckin' Team at the show, so a recording will probably surface sooon! ;)

Juergen
                      Participant

Stay Young was probably the country song played by Don Williams and written by Benny Gallagher and Graham Lyle? Other artists who wrote a song with that title (e. g. Oasis) will probably never be an inspiration for Motorpsycho.

Very exciting setlist and even more exciting that it has probably been recorded!

otherdemon
                        Participant

According to someone on Twitter about the new songs played:

"The first one is a beautiful power ballad with delightful harmonies and melodies. The second one is a rocker in the Genesis tradition, only tougher."

Sounds promising!

Juergen: Yeah, you're right. Confirmed by Øyvind Holm (Sugarfoot) on FB that they covered that song.

Hightligts: Un Chien D'Espace, August and STG. Loved Sugarfoot's version of Kill Some Day as well. Øyvind Holm (of Sugarfoot, then as Dipsomanics) also did this track for the Selfindulgent Mono Minds tribute 3LP me and Vegard did back in the 90s. Really good.

Found it awkward that Bent didn't play with Sugarfoot, but guess he needed some rest between the two Motorpsycho performances.

Here's a clip of the last part of Un Chien D'Espace: YouTube

boomer former helm
                          Participant

Do you have some recording/video of the new songs?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994