2015-10-17 Motorpsycho plays Demon Box @ Rockheim – Trondheim

Home Forums General 2015-10-17 Motorpsycho plays Demon Box @ Rockheim – Trondheim

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

There seems to be 2 monday tickets for sale on finn.no

Not my ad, and – as always – be aware of fraud.

ThorEgil
      Participant

Rockheim has announced a guided Motorpsychedelic Walkabout on the 17th, for anyone interested.

paolinogrande001
        Participant

Rockheim Scene – who here has been there? How is it? How's the acoustics etc? Do they serve "refreshments"? So many questions!

ThorEgil
          Participant

The place is down at the harbour, a few hundred meters from the city centre – or Solsiden, where there are several options for a pre concert beer.

They say it was designed and constructed to be the best stage for rock music in the know universe – or at lest in Norway. The may very well have achieved that. It's a blck concrete bunker, but the accoustics are great. I have always wished for a Motorpsycho concert there. I believe the place really have the potential for giving us a concert with the perfect sound.

I have been there to a few concerts. Always good sound, but none of them have been painfully loud. Treetop Drive with Deathprod and Snah was a great experience there.

What is lacking is atmosphere and the smell of old spilled beer in the walls – they don't have concerts there very often. I guess a few hundred old psychonauts will fix the smell ;)

They usually have a mobile bar serving beer, wine and peanuts in the lobby. That is the other thing lacking there – a proper bar and a cosy area for chilling. The museum lobby is kinda sterile, and the only other option for a beer down at the harbour is the ugliest hotel in the know universe (quite an achievement in itself).

Looking forward to the museum opening tonight, and the concert tomorrow :MPD:

kjellepelle
            Participant

Cant speak about the acoustic but it seems to be very well suited for concerts, pretty small room designed for concerts. Refreshments in the restaurant (they usually have it for concerts/happening as well)

kjellepelle
              Participant

Well Treetop drive concert is possible the one of the best shows I've been to but thats a bit different setting though.

Approaching approaching. See you there!

Karl Morten

Devotional
                Participant

Psychonauts: This is just a personal request, but I'm sure others would be interested too.

To those present at these shows – unless you'll be engaging actively in the actual concert – be it losing yourself completely in the music with eyes closed, moshing down the front or screaming your lungs out to "Mr. Who" (hehe), please get your cameras out and film the rare tracks, such as "Feedtime", "Gutwrench", "Sunchild", "Babylon", "Mr. Who", "Sheer Profoundity" and the title track. Mainstream media (if present) tend to focus on the "classics", such as "Waiting For The One" and "Nothing To Say", and we certainly can't count on MP themselves to document (although a three night run would be the PERFECT opportunity for an epic Roadworks release).

The fact that we don't have a complete film from Øya 2010 (or at least the final hour) is an absolute tragedy, and the same can to a certain extent be said about Slottsfjell, but at least now we have the chance again.

I'm not in any way urging people to step out of the concert experience to stand back and passively film, or distract others with cameras, but for those who're not too physically or spiritually preoccupied, it would make a brilliant contribution to the community to document these incredibly rare tracks live. "Gutwrench", "Feedtime", the title track, "Mr. Who" and "Sheer Profoundity" would be on top of my wishlist, ymmv. Good quality audio recordings would also be much appreciated.

Have a great time, everybody. I'm there in spirit.

Rolf
                  Participant

I don't have a video camera, but I'm fairly confident we'll at least get audio recordings for all gigs!

But I wouldn't be surprised if Motorpsycho themselves (or Rockheim) makes some sort of video recording of the gigs. I think I saw a professional camera in the back at the opening of the exhibition.

Tomcat
                    Participant

Bent confirmed they are audio and videotaping every night and see how it turns out, but it would be too early for another DB re-release.

What I found promising is that they intend to go on with the founding-thing, they want stuff to be out but costs must be covered. (We reminded him on a few things that are still lying on the shelves + that many fans would give f.e. sth. like 10€ for a multitrack liverecording ;-) )

paolinogrande001
                      Participant

Side A, B and then D and finally C. More or less? Intense. Kinda hard to find the words. Demon Box was CRAYZEEE. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Devotional
                        Participant

Thanks so much for the info, Rolf and Tomcat. There's one video up so far ("Sunchild"):

Thanks to the taper! I'm repeating my request to those going tonight ("Feedtime" and "Gutwrench" pretty please?).

kjellepelle
                          Participant

I counted at least 4 cameras (5 with the person that was outside) so the concert are documented. Will see what the band wants to do afterwards. I guess the biggest "enemy" are time for a band that wants to move forward. There is a lot on their plates at the moment. Theatre music and Bent will be busy with two Sugarfoot releases and a Spidergawd lp atleast in the forthcoming year.

kjellepelle
                            Participant

Demon Box 17.10.2015

Quote:
                              Ikke akkurat musealt

Samme fandenvivoldske energi, men enda mer overbevisende fremført enn i Motorpsychos gjennombruddsår.

Årets var 1993, og plutselig var Motorpsycho landets viktigste og mest vitale rockeband. «Demon Box» tok ballegrep på lytteren; musikalsk i skjæringspunktet mellom den svarteste metall, den mest utmattende støy og den mest finstemte sårbarhet, formidlingsmessig i en spagat av hybris og undergangsdrift.

Siden har bandet sjelden sett seg tilbake, men de har en raptus i disse dager, med Rockheim-utstilling, samlealbum og gjentagelse av sommerens «Demon Box»-spesial på Slottsfjellsfestivalen i tre utsolgte hus på den flotte scenen på Rockheim.

Den opprinnelige kvartetten med Bent Sæther, Hans-Magnus Ryan, Håkon Gebhardt og Helge Deathprod Sten er utvidet med bandets nåværende trommeslager Kenneth Kapstad. Uttrykket med to trommeslagere fungerte supert. De to både forsterker og utdyper hverandre og skaper en bunnsolid grunnmur som de tre andre kan boltre seg på.

Helge Sten trivdes bedre og bedre på scenen etter hvert som konserten skred frem. Mannen bak støyelementene som er en så stor del av identiteten til «Demon Box» blomstret virkelig, og spesielt da i kjernelåtene «Mountain» og «Demon Box».

Sten var viktig for Motorpsycho i en liten periode, Sæther og Ryan har vært der hele tiden. Som særdeles aktivt band gjennom 22 år har de tilregnet seg mye og samtidig mistet litt av hvem de var i 1993.

Det er ikke problemfritt å gjenskape et «ungdomsverk». De er dyktigere musikere, bedre vokalister, har generelt en helt annen drevenhet; hvordan skal de skru seg tilbake og gjenskape hybrisen og gløden de opplevde da de på bandets tredje album «oppfant» Motorpsycho?

Det klarte de på ypperlig vis. De er et bedre og mer drevent band, men de har energien og den kompromissløse dedikasjonen i behold. I tillegg til de to langlåtene bød konserten bød på en rekke høydepunkter i forskjellige stemningsleier, fra mørke primale brøl til lystige refrenger, fra vakre «All Is Loneliness» til høyoktaneffektive «Plan No 1», fra spinkle Gebhardt i den akustiske morolåten «Dr Who» til Helge Sten-vokal på primale «Gutwrench».

Først del av dobbeltalbumet ble spilt etter opprinnelig rekkefølge, men de endret kronologien drastisk på konsertens siste del. «The One Who Went Away» var siste ordinære låt, med lykkelig allsang og stor stemning, så kom Bent Sæther alene på scenen med «Come On In» før en monumental «Demon Box» (inkludert en liten smak av «Step Inside Again») avsluttet det hele med hele kvintetten i praktslag. Virkelig praktslag. I det dronende partiet midt i var det som å være tilbake i Nidarøhallen med Hawkwind forsommeren 1974, men først og fremst var dette selve konsertmonsteret Motorpsycho i all sin prakt. Versjonen av tittellåten «Demon Box» på første konsert lørdag var så intenst bra at den etterlot både band og publikum totalt utladet. Det eksisterte en viss plan om at «Flesh Harrower» skulle avslutte ekstranumrene, men det var nok logisk for alle at det ble satt strek da det ble satt strek.

Dette var moro. Men nå er det ikke en ny runde tilbakeblikk som venter? Vi trenger ikke et nytt gammelt album gjenskapt (Ok da, vi vil kanskje la oss nøde om det er «Heavy Metal Fruit». Eller «Let Them Eat Cake». Eller «Trust Us».) Selv om gjenhøret med «Demon Box» innebar noen av bandets flotteste øyeblikk fremført med en overveldende musikalsk autoritet, innebærer konsertformen også en type forutsigelighet som vi ikke forbinder med dette unike bandet.

Så selv om denne lørdagskvelden vil leve lenge i oss, gleder vi oss enda mer til neste omgang med ny Motorpsycho-musikk, og til neste konsert med vidåpen settliste.

kjellepelle
                              Participant

google translate version

Quote:
                                Not exactly museal

Same reckless energy, but even more convincing performed than in Motorpsycho breakthrough.

This year was 1993 and suddenly Motorpsycho country's most important and most vital rock band. "Demon Box" took ball grip on the listener; musical at the intersection of the blackest metal, the most exhausting noise and is more finely tuned vulnerability, publicizing in a spagat of hubris and downfall operation.

Since the band has rarely looked back, but they have a raptus these days, with Rockheim exhibition, compilation and repetition of this summer's "Demon Box" -spesial on Slottsfjellfestivalen three sell-out shows on the great stage at Rock Heim.

The original quartet with Bent Sæther, Hans Magnus Ryan, Håkon Gebhardt and Helge Sten Deathprod is expanded with the band's current drummer Kenneth Kapstad. The term with two drummers worked super. The two both reinforces and expands each other and creates a rock-solid foundation that the other three can romp on.

Helge Sten thrived better and better on stage as the concert progressed. The man behind the noise elements that are so much a part of the identity of "Demon Box" flourished really, and especially when the core songs "Mountain" and "Demon Box".

Sten was important for Motorpsycho in a small period, Sæther and Ryan have been there all along. As exceptionally active band 22 years they have imputed a lot and at the same time lost a little of who they were in 1993.

It is not effortless to recreate a "youth work". They are proficient musicians, better vocalists, generally have a totally different gear unit; how should they turn back and recreate hubris and glow they experienced when they on the band's third album "invented" Motor Psycho?

It managed the superb view. They are a better and more deftly band, but they have the energy and the uncompromising dedication intact. In addition to the two long songs commanded concert offered a number of highlights in different moods, from dark primal roar of merry refrains, from beautiful "All Is Loneliness" to høyoktaneffektive "Plan No 1", from flimsy Gebhardt in the acoustic fun song "Dr Who "Helge Sten vocals on primal" Gutwrench. "

First part of the double album was recorded by original order, but they changed the chronology drastically concert's second half. "The One Who Went Away" was the last regular song with happy singalong and great atmosphere, so come Bent Sæther alone on stage with "Come On In" before a monumental "Demon Box" (including a taste of "Step Inside Again» ) finished it off with the whole quintet in stunning blow. Really stunning blow. In the droning party in the middle of it was like being back in Nidarøhallen with Hawkwind early summer of 1974, but first and foremost this was the actual concert Monster MP in all its glory. Version of the title song "Demon Box" on the first concert on Saturday was so intensely good that it left both band and audience totally discharged. There existed a certain plan that "Flesh Harrower" would end the extra numbers, but it was enough logical for all that has gone streak when it was put streak.

This was fun. But now it's not a new round retrospective waiting? We do not need a new old album recreated (Okay then, we'll maybe let us urge whether it is "Heavy Metal Fruit". Or "Let Them Eat Cake." Or, "Trust Us".) Although evergreen songs "Demon Box" entailed some of the band's finest moments performed with an overwhelming musical authority, entails concert form also a type of predictability that we associate with this unique band.

So although this Saturday evening will live long in us, we look forward even more to the next game with new Motorpsycho music, and the next concert with wide-open set list.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994