2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof

Home Forums General 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    The Other Anders
    Participant

I am drooling over this setlist, but I'd take The Wheel over Golden Core any day of the week. Cool to see both Un Chien and HBM back in the set. Haven't seen both played in the same concert since Oslo. I was hoping for both of them in Copenhagen, as well as Stained Glass which funnily enough was first time played in Hamburg the day after. Still happy with Copenhagen. But: Having been to Schlachthof several times, knowing the atmosphere of the venue and the dedication of the audience, and combining this with the psychedelic-let's-kick-back-and-jam mood that usually hits the band after a run of increasingly monstrous concerts, I can totally picture and feel the vibe. I know a lot of people who were there, and I wish I had been there together with you. Let's hear the reviews!

Be
      Participant

@Anders The wheel over Golden Core! I think I'll have to condemn you to a witch trial for that blasphemy! 8)

pfnuesel
        Participant

I'm with Anders on that one. :mrgreen:

The Other Anders
          Participant

@Be: Yeah, I know. Nothing wrong with Golden Core, I just prefer The Wheel. I was playing around with a playlist of epics just the other day. Seeing tonight's setlist, my dream setlist doesn't seem that unlikely after all. Exchange HBM for Big Black Dog, Golden Core for The Wheel, throw in Sun Ship and Arnie H, and we're pretty close! :idea:

Anonymous

kinda lost for words after such a show put i'll give it a try. for starters i'd take the golden core over the wheel, but both songs are pure magic so i'm actually just more than happy to have heard both songs over one nice psychonaut weekend.

IMHO tonight was the first time kristoffer really arrived in the band. everything was in sync and all systems were running perfectly fine. for instance there was a magical interplay between bent and kristoffer during the tower, basically playing sonic ping pong in a little jam before merging back into the song. such moments are priceless and i'm hard pressed to think of another band who is able to do such stuff in such perfection.

thanks to all psychonaut friends i met, old and new, it was a pleasure and a privilege. @anders: hopefully next time, it would have been great to have tag along to these shows as well. hopefully good recordings will show up soon.

Tomcat
              Participant

Just listening to one (and I have the feeling there will be a better one).

Still flashed by tonight's show … crown of a fabulous three day run. Oh boy. We are fools indeed ;-)

Kid A
                Participant

Some thoughts about the show:

All in all really great and spaced out.

Really good performance of the The Tower, stood out

I didn’t need the cuckoo, don’t like it on the album and it didn’t work live for me as well

I was very disappointed that they didn’t give a second encore

The crowd was fantastic and they really really begged for more and cheered really really long

Just another 3 minutes of Plan #1 or Hey Jane or whatever wasn’t too much to ask for

But as said before, it was fantastic

Great King Rat
                  Participant

There's no other band on this planet that would start a show with a song like the Space Dog (most other bands don't even have a song like that, for that matter) but MP do it and still have something just as epic to finish the show. Just incredible. No ASFE, no Bartok, no Intrepid – no problem, really. I guess I would have been just as pleased if they had only played the first and the last one…

Great King Rat
                    Participant
                      Quote:
                      Just another 3 minutes of Plan #1 or Hey Jane or whatever wasn’t too much to ask for

The second encore in Hamburg wasn't planned, and with that in mind, I was standing there clapping and somewhat hoping they'd come out again tonight as well. But at the same time I sort of knew they wouldn't. And now I think it's a good thing. Honestly, what can you play after The Golden Core? And what do you actually want to hear then? 3 minutes of Hey Jane? Really?

supernaut
                      Participant

That setlist. Speechless. Wish I'd been there. 8O

Great King Rat
                        Participant

Btw, kudos to the Schlachthof audience! From what I perceived (standing next to the sound mixer) they were dead silent during the quiet parts of the show. Something that has unfortunately become a rare thing these days, even at MP concerts.

Spacebandit
                          Participant

Outer Orbits atchievt in nord Tyskland 20 -> 22.

Two Wheels, Unchained the Monster Core finally!

Tusen Takk Psychonauts!!!!

Papenburg instead of Bielefeld was a tough choice!

But we'd always love to see you back again at Forum!

The BI Crew!!!

otherdemon
                            Participant

Holy shit, 10 songs in over 2 1/2 hours?

I'm guessing this was an extremely far-out and psychedelic gig…

Envy you guys!

Kristoffer is gelling well with the other 3?

The Other Anders
                              Participant

@pj: I would have loved to tag along. I am going back on the road as soon as possible. Mending my spacesuit, will travel again! Thanks for your comments. Hopefully I'll see you and the rest of the travelling family next tour already!

boomer former helm
                                Participant

@otherdemon: I think that was the gig when he finally arrived. He got really into the sounds and found his place. The before mentioned interaction between Bent and him during The Tower was just brilliant and so well played. They smiled at each other and I still wonder if that happened by mistake, or if it was planned exactly that way. Thats the real mystery of a successful jam I guess :)

And that gig was so far out, I really did not expect that after Papenburg. There were so long quiet quiet parts, you could have heard a needle falling. The Intro of K9 itself lasted so long, with just mellotron, synth and weird guitar sounds. I first thought of HBM, but then it turned our to be K9. What a moment… And HBM itself was huge. The build-up and everything was just perfect. Also Dreamhome (very funny introduction by Bent) wcontained so fantastic jam parts, it reminded of the mighty Grateful Dead in parts.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994