2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck

Home Forums General 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Punj Lizard
    Participant

Is anybody here going to this gig?

As I'm coming from London I don't know anybody who'll be going to the show and would be happy to get together with anyone beforehand (sorry, I don't speak German!). I'll be staying at a hostel somewhere near the Hbf station, so a lift in that direction after the gig would also be handy.

Un.Chien.d.Espace
      Participant

don't worry, you can take a tram from the bürgerhaus stollwerck to the central station afterwards.

Punj Lizard
        Participant

@Un.Chien.d.Espace – Thank you! I'll look into it. Usually I'd be happy to walk that distance, but at night in an unknown city I'm not so sure.

Un.Chien.d.Espace
          Participant

From station "Ubierring" (5 minutes walking distance from the concert location) you can take the tram line 16 in direction "Niehl, Sebastianstr.", which will bring you to the central station.

I'll recommend a nice walk next to the river rhine back to the main station after a spaced out show. It will be the best thing to do to dream on. And I promise, it's safe.

CU at the show

mybestfriend83
            Participant

@ thomas…

Yeah if the weather is okay that will be our way too after the hell of a show. :STG:.

Greetings to all of you… :cheers:

Tomcat
              Participant

I'll happily join you guys on my way back to Duesseldorf :-)

Punj Lizard
                Participant

You people are great. A walk along the river sounds ideal. Please make yourselves known to me. I'm about 1.85m, balding, with glasses and i'll be wearing a My Sleeping Karma T-shirt for easy identification (see design below).

Punj Lizard
                  Participant

cover_04215852015_r.jpg

Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

Hi Punj, just recovered my password after months of inactivity.

I'm living in Köln quite close to the venue (10 minutes on foot), so if you like to get toghere before the gig, just tell me.

Punj Lizard
                      Participant

@ Johnny_Heartfeld – Sounds good. Is there a pub or coffee shop or some such place we can meet? Maybe somewhere near the venue that people would generally meet before going to a gig there?

Johnny_Heartfield
                        Participant

@ Punj Lizard – There's lots of coffee shops and pubs around Chlodwigplatz – that's the best station to get out of Tram/Underground 16 from Hauptbahnhof. There is also a small cafe inside Stollwerck – but in winter quite limited space, especially before an event.

I usually have my coffee right round the corner from Chlodwigplatz tram station at Cafe Kult – but it's up to you. Depends when you're in town. The early bird might even catch Snah do his shopping with a plastic bag some hours before the gig – happened to me some years before ;-)

Punj Lizard
                          Participant

@ Johnny_Heartfield – Cafe Kult looks good to me. Ticket says Einlass 20:00 / Beginn 21:00. You will know better than me how far in advance we should go to the venue, but I'd be happy to meet any time after 18:00. Let me know when is good for you.

I'm quiete curious if the Guys will do something special in Cologne next Week.

This year died first Jaki Liebezeit and later Holger Czukay. :(

Both member of the fantatic Cologne Band Can.

Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

@ Punj Lizard: I'll be at Cafe Kult around 19.15 – Time for a relaxed cuppa before the gig. Walking is about 10 minutes from there.

When you leave the tram at Chlodwigplatz just turn right, cross the street and walk to the next corner. Hard to miss:

https://www.google.de/maps/@50.9209565,6.9600999,19z

See you there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994