2018-09-02 NL Maastricht, Bruis Festival

Home Forums General 2018-09-02 NL Maastricht, Bruis Festival

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    s_edelman
    Participant

Correct, with Reine

Tomcat
      Participant

The Tower was written on the setlist but not played due to curfew plus long (and strong) explorations within Sonata, H2M, Starhammer and The Wheel. Bold but glorious move to end this free festival gig with Fools Gold Рbut the otherwise quite talkative crowd was pleasantly quiet at the final note = magic. The vocals were nearly not audible within the first five or so rows, especially Snah. Weird f.e. in HMac with its wall of guitars, together with Starhammer and the Wheel "space out-highlight" of the show. Like Punjy mentioned: the second hour was motorpsycho premi̬re classe (for my taste ;-) )

Sound was not that great indeed. Especially during the first part, with bentandthewholebandarereallyreallyloud and the almost inaudible vocals. Did get a bit better during the second half and so did the whole show. First half was a bit monotone up to Ship of Fools / Feel, but then things got a lot better! H-Mac and The Wheel were my highlights with the rest of the songs not that far behind.

Also fun meeting JERO a bit, your Shiva sweater is quite hard to miss if you're standing right in front of me ;)

JERO
        Participant

Juba Juba !!!! Spent a wonderful, sunny long weekend in Maastricht, enjoyed the good life of "the south" there, and of course the concert: had a real sonic blast this time and some moments (during Ship Of Fools and HeartattackMac especially) felt like standing at the front of a ship in the heart of a tornado (Taifun, although that one wasn't played), lovely feeling of energy soaring through body, heart and mind ! Today, home again, I feel HHHIIIGGGHHH (on sonic waves, not on drugs, haha).

Funny moment when an old fashioned speaker-cabinet beside Bent was about to collapse and two guys came out to shove 'em back in place, must have been that all-powerfull Love-Bass (same power as das Hate-Bass) causing the earth to quake!

My first Wheel;sensational and like it would never end, jawdropping people around me!

Also very nice Pacific Sonata, Snah very good.

:DNice to have met you, Crosskip, we shared some of the amazement of the evening and enjoyed talking a bit afterwards, made me feel not too much on my own, because usually my brother joins me for MP, but he couldn't make it this time.

See you probably in Nijmegen ! :D :D :D :D :D :MPD:

Tomcat
          Participant

Two clips on the Tube:

*Update*

Bernie quality on Vimeo, so no need for these clips anymore ;-)

Heartattack was with or without Back to Source?

JERO
            Participant

@BronYaur; "nothing's really changed" (yes; including BtS) :o

Bernie did it again: Augusto on Vimeo

*edit:

and Ship of Füüls / Feel

ffbernie
              Participant

@THOMAS damn..youre fast…dont you have anything better to do :-)

@ffbernie I do! But I get push-notes as soon as you put some great stuff online :-)

Punj Lizard
                Participant

@ffbernie – Thanks for the videos. I'm a new fan, slowly making my way through your videos. What a treasure! :D

ffbernie
                  Participant
                  Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994