2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje

Home Forums General 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

A review from ballade.no – including a Thank You from the band.

The Other Anders
      Participant

Cool review, cool angle. I am amazed that the forum is mentioned, and that a writer with such insigth can make the mistake of putting "Starbanger", our joking mislabeling of Starhammer, on print, and even without quotation marks or any explanation. Is he not aware of it?

Starhammer becomes Starbanger and often Starhamster, don't know which one I like the least.

Intrepid Explorer becomes Internet Explorer. Admittedly, this on still makes me chuckle.

Ship of Fools has gotten a lot of different names, the last one I saw made absolutely no sense.

Even The Wheel was mentioned here as "Devil", which is just outright confusing. It makes absolutely no sense, not even when said in Norwegian dialect, because the pressure in "The Wheel" is on the last syllable, while in "Devil" it is on the first syllable.

So I ask: Might our joking with song titles have reached a natural limit?

Tomcat
        Participant

"Brant Björk" isn't bad either ;-)

Those name-games could be kept in reasonable dosis and be used when reflecting a special "performance" of a song. Still this is a free forum – but should we have Bardogs taking over? Nah!

The Other Anders
          Participant

Is that the word play in Bartok/Bardog? That you would use it for going to the bar? Ah… Sometimes I am so slow :-)

Tomcat
            Participant

Wenn du es sagst … :-)

I meant it more like "Spacewash" for a spaced out Hogwash, or SS IV (…) for a new version of a known song. Bardog fits all the same ;-)

fillmore
              Participant

Let's not forgot it was the band who started the cacography of their song names on their very own setlists, I believe since, maybe like…ever? I always liked that some of these joking nicknames became part of the insider knowledge among us psychonauts, kinda like a code. It is also common in fan communities to use acronyms for song titles. As long as the correct song title is used in the "official" database, i.e. wherever the setlists are being tracked for eternity, I am fine with the nick names in here.

The Other Anders
                Participant

Fair enough.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994