2022-05-22 München, Backstage Halle

Home Forums General 2022-05-22 München, Backstage Halle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    TomTomTurbulence
    Participant

Taifun

Manmower

Überpilgrim

Dreamhome

Sail on

Lacuna/Sunrise

STG

Running with scissors

NOX

– – –

United debased

Mountain

2:40

Tomcat
      Participant

Wow, that's a tasty-spacy setlist! Was Diana played in the encores?

mirai no maboroshi
        Participant

@Tomcat: No, Diana was on the setlist, but they played United Debased instead. They also played something before NOX (on the setlist it is reported as "huge hopper" … if I remember well, it sounded similar to the beginning of "Ancient Astronauts" (Ny Lang) … I think it lasted between 3 and 5 minutes).

Francesco

PS: Complete setlist:

Taifun

> Manmower

Uber/pilgrim

Dreamhome

Sail on

Lacuna/Sunrise

STG

Running with scissors

huge hopper

> NOX

—-

United Debased (played instead of Whole Lotta Diana, that was on the setlist)

> Mountain

the conscience
          Participant

For all the psychonauts who hate me because of the „Bent-Interview-thread“ – Now, I‘m save (for the next time). 3 shows attended. First NOX in Cologne. Second shot in Reutlingen. Booster-NOX in Munich.

Tomcat
            Participant

Grazie Francesco for clearing that up, could be that this was a Soft Machine-piece before NOX (Hugh Hopper was the bass player in the late 60's – or it was a very fuzzed bass-phase ;). One of my favourite setlists of this tour!

Top 5 so far chronological:

Copenhagen

Cologne

Amsterdam

Vienna

München

Hoping for Bielefeld or Arlon to sneak in ;)

Tomcat
              Participant

@conscience Bent/the band is too generous. Glad the music does the talking from now on :-)

fillmore
                Participant

Bavarian Guitar String Summit: Motorpsycho delivers psychedelic scorcher at Backstage in München 22.05.2022! A dream setlist is the launchpad for a distinct Sunday show charaterized by long solos, dueling guitars and improvisational explorations within a psych 'n' prog realm, leaving the heavy riffing almost entirely aside until the encore. It's hard to single out highlights as the show was one long cohesive trip but of course I will have to mention the beautiful beginning with "Taifun" and "Manmower", the latter breaking entirely new ground for five minutes in its jam. I will also have to mention a brilliant 15 minute "Dreamhome", a personal favourite of mine, an insane "STG" and the 17 minute "Mountain" during which Reine took the first solo, the major one, and he just killed it. And we got NOXed again. Smiling band, decently filled venue, crowd into it, 2h45min show. München and Motorpsycho truely delivered. Thank you! On to Dresden…

Punj Lizard
                  Participant

Reads like an incredible show. Thanks for the setlist clarifications and thank you fillmore for the review.

dongonz
                    Participant

Wow, this one looks great. The played NOX severel concerts in a row. I really really hope the play it tonight again in Dresden. Fingers crossed.

otherdemon
                      Participant

This looks amazing. My favorite setlist of the tour so far, I think.

grindove
                        Participant

Wow, they actually planned to totally ignore the latest album here 8O

Thanks to everyone for all the reports! I'm not much into sports, but I imagine this feels kinda like following your favorite team during game season, except there are no losses – just a question of how gigantic the victories are :D

TomTomTurbulence
                          Participant

Also thanks for setlist clarifications

@tomcat
                            : I'm quite sure it was no Soft-Machine-piece, at least not from the period Hugh Hopper was in SM! But that would have been nice!!!

Oh… 8O :D

supernaut
                            Participant

Damn, I went to their München shows before, why not this time? :o :lol:

Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

@ The Conscience: … and the "great reset" happens on the playlist – between every second or third concert. The world is better with Motorpsycho!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994