2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum

Home Forums General 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Mr.Martian
    Participant

I am still way over the moon about last night. What an incredible show and ride this was. And not to forget: it was Tomas' birthday yesterday, and boy – what a drummer. His timing, his breaks, the tightness, the space, the power – just awesome. Happy birthday again, Tomas. And thanks so much for this unbelievable show.

fillmore
      Participant

Oh man! We kinda knew they would gonna peak in Bielefeld but had no idea it would result in something like THIS! Brilliant build-up and sequence in that setlist from start to encore.

dongonz
        Participant

oh my goodness. i wish i had been there. Spacebandit, thanks for recording. Will there be another option to get my hands on then Dime? I find it very exclusive and never really worked for me. Would ve sooo nice. Last tour i made my own Tour Compilation destilled of Bernies Vids. Would be awesome to do this this year as well. Big thanks ahead and Sail On!

supernaut
          Participant

Wow! One for the ages then. :MPD:

Tomcat
            Participant

Just in case of: I'll go from Düsseldorf to Arlon this afternoon and have free seats, a recording of last night on the cars' speakers included – return tomorrow late morning (bank holiday). Space is the place!

Anonymous

Wow, that was for sure a neat show. Whats 'Huge H'? The reign of Humbug extended?

The Other Anders
                Participant

@pj: My guess is "Huge Hopper", first played in Münich and a play of words / tip of the hat to Hugh Hopper of Soft Machine fame. But I wasn't there, so someone please confirm.

Punj Lizard
                  Participant

Oh my giddy aunt! (Old english expression meaning "Holy fucking shit!") :wink:

I see from photos that the stage looks quite small, with the drums set up close to the front of the stage. Do they always play that venue when in Bielefeld? I might have to consider making a trip there on a future tour.

Juergen
                    Participant

Yes, they usually play in Bielefeld at the Forum.

What a setlist…

Punj Lizard
                      Participant

@Juergen – thanks :-)

jessi
                        Participant

even after 200 minutes I did not want it to end.

it was so nice watching everyone in the room having fun.

that was a gift.

Spacebandit
                          Participant

"Yes, they usually play in Bielefeld at the Forum." quote Jürgen.

Hey, not surprising Punj Lizard don't know the venue, as we all there don't exist, neither does the city of Bielefeld. And sometimes a norwegian spaceship "docks" on, cause they know the secret way to go there. I've been a frequent guest since the days of its preceedor, Forum Enger.

As there's nothing existing there, so there's no curfew (like in fu***ng Markthalle Hamburg, where you get kicked out of the main hall five minutes after show end. And not in a smooth way).

Even after me and the other Bielefeldonautics left backstage at app. 2am.the main staff (Ralf, you're the man!) let us gently into the night. As it was since 4pm.

From the app. thousand+ concerts I saw in my life (and believe me, a "festival" just counts as one concert), this will be staying in my Top10 ever. Like Grateful Dead Berlin 1990-10-20. On par. Excellence, merci mes amis.

Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

3:21. Insane. But still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwfUfTmOHvA

Or rather tonight…

Punj Lizard
                              Participant

At the moment I am not listening to Lady May, which was not played at The Forum because apparently Bielefeld does not exist. As a consequence I am not in the throes of ecstasy, because it is not bloody amazing!

Spacebandit
                                Participant

No, of(f) course, in fact Bielefeld didn't happen at all. All the vids on U-Tube or whatever are simply a fake. No, it was not to be in Bielefeld. The bus broke down and they got on for the next show. And those few ghosts living in the city of the chosen stood out there waiting for the spaceship

to materialise. Then around 20:30 the chosen ones were dematerialised into the void of golden delights. There will be a lot of fun coming soon, as the rays of the extraterrestrial viking ship did not disturb but also did help merging different "views" from different places.

And dare I say…after another safe space travel home and comfortable landing, the recordings were still there?! Little did I know, but they might have fixed something?

Let's see…or better hear…soon…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994