AADAP Deluxe Edition box set

Home Forums General AADAP Deluxe Edition box set

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
  • Author

I tend to agree with grindove, and the band does too: they only dedicate a few shows to entire albums.

But when they played Blissard AS AN ENCORE in a 3 hours show in Milan, well, I was quite happy! :)

All this speculation, does it mean that the guys have a new drummer? Did I miss anything?

kjellepelle
    Participant

No, It started as a discussion on what will be available on the forthcoming AADAP Box and just took off from there… :?

Yeah, let's get back on track! Hahahaha!

Elvin
      Participant
        Quote:
        on what will be available on the forthcoming AADAP Box

Is this official (yet?) or just wishful thinking and/or rumors?

kjellepelle
        Participant

Semi official :wink:

Elvin
          Participant

Nice! Looking forward to it :)

supernaut
            Participant

Want!

I've never really paid too much attention to the lost "When The World Sleeps" album from Blissardeluxe, but today I had a long countryroad cardrive through autumn sunset while listening to it. That thing is a masterpiece! Definitely want more of MP's lost 90s gems.

cjacob
              Participant

Agree Super….When The World Sleeps are awesome… Is sucks they released on the cd box… That is one of the records i realy NEEEED on a great Vinyl…..

knoot
                Participant

Take a look here: http://tinyurl.com/z2twjmy

K

shakti
                  Participant

DISC 1: angels and daemons at play vol. 1 the original album – baby scooter 1/sideway spiral I 2/you lied 3/heartattack mac 4/pills, powders and passion plays 5/in the family

DISC 2: angels and daemons at play vol. 2 the original album – have spacesuit will travel 1/un chien d'espace 2/have spacesuit, will travel 3/ohm's concerto for alto & soprano saw

DISC 3: angels and daemons at play vol. 3 the original album – lovelight 1/sideway spiral II 2/like always 3/stalemate 4/starmelt/lovelight 5/timothy's monster

DISC 4: angels and daemons at play vol. 4 the ones that got away: b-sides, rarities & live recordings 1/starmelt/lovelight 2/up our sleeves 3/wishing well 4/flick of the wrist 5/instamatic 6/back to source 7/caterpillar § 8/king bong hop § 9/star dancer vs car cancer 10/la'moen rag 11/baby jesus II 12/mad sun 13/nature's way 14/syk 15/un chien d'espace § 16/timothy in the magic city

DISC 5: angels and daemons at play vol. 5 rockefeller, march 14, 1997, part 1 § 1/komet 2/s. t. g. 3/kill some day 4/like always 5/heartattack mac 6/pills, powders and passion plays 7/the nerve tattoo 8/young man blues 9/starmelt/lovelight

DISC 6: angels and daemons at play vol. 6 1/rockefeller, march 14, 1997, part 2 § 2/un chien d'espace 3/sideway spiral II 4/you lied 5/hogwash 6/the one that went away 7/nothing to say 8/into the sun the golden core § previously unreleased

shakti
                    Participant

Slightly disappointing package…mostly already released stuff, plus the Rockefeller '97 gig which is nice, but something most psychonauts will have heard many, many times before. But it will be nice to finally have all of the original album in digital format since I missd out on the original 3xEP release.

shakti
                      Participant

Oh, and the site says it will be out December 9.

supernaut
                        Participant

Oh that 97 Rockefeller show is very welcome! They were on fire that night and finally getting a proper audio is reason enough to buy this. And King Bong Hop? Now that's a promising title. :lol:

Elvin
                          Participant

Very welcome indeed. Double live, yes please. I don´t think I´ve heard this before. 8)

I don´t think this is disappointing at all; 3 discs of extra stuff! Even though most of the EP tracks are well known, it´s always nice to get them compiled. Plus there is probably a live un´chien on disc 4 as well. I thought maybe they would release it as a CD version of the LP ala the demon box box (with back to source, spacesuit..), plus a couple of extra discs. Getting the album in the original 3xEPs version is a bonus, as I only have the LP version.

Compared to most "deluxe editions" out there, these MP boxes feels genuinely loved and curated. The TM box had more or less just 1 disc of "new" and rare music , disc 3 being most of it all over again, but the context with listening to the first version, the booklet and everything is just wonderful.

Excited, as always.

Yes, this looks good! And it's out sooner than I thought. Just in time for X-mas, hehehe!

A lot of psychonauts know the show included on the last two discs. I was there and remember it very well. Having an official release of a good show is never wrong.

I'm curious about "Un Chien d'Espace" on disc 4. Could it be from when they performed it live to the film "Un Chien Andalou" at Cinemateket in Oslo? That would be cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994