Bergen 24.03.2012

Home Forums General Bergen 24.03.2012

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant

Bergen preview article

Really interesting article about the Storløkken collaboration so far.

Mountain & Taifun? Slightly jealous, to say the least :lol:

TAF
      Participant

Nice article, confirming that the "2 albums worth" of material Bent's mentioned earlier would indeed be one album of Orgelfest music and one album with new songs.

ThorEgil
        Participant

A review from Kulturguffen – not too happy about the sound.

Review in Bergens Tidene (Norwegian).

I thought the concert was amazing, but I think the sound really depended on where you were standing.

Edit: The vocals were not very "clear". They sang quite well but the lyrics were hard to comprehend.

kjesso
          Participant

Kulturguffen – that's me. The sound really annoyed me, and quite a few of those I talked to after the show. From what BT and OtherFool say, I probably should have moved around a bit, to see if it was better elsewhere.

And OtherFool – I agree that they sang quite well.

We were standing on the bottom step of the "gallery", ie. just below the soundboard. I think that made the difference :) It was LOUD though!

supernaut
            Participant

I'd like to point out that one should never judge the sound in a venue from only one position. Especially when writing reviews for people who weren't there. It's not really fair to the band, the mixing guy and the venue. :)

kjesso
              Participant

Supernaut: like I said earlier, I probably should have moved around a bit. Mainly for my own enjoyment, but probably also, as you point out, to make sure that I (for once) knew what i was writing/talking about. But my legs are old and weary, so I decided to stay put.

And it turns out that my ears must be old and weary, too. OtherFool: We must have been standing very close to each other – I was standing on the floor, right in front of the gallery.

At Rockefeller last year I was extremely annoyed at the shot sound for 1h, then I moved 10 m further back and had great sound for the rest of the show. I think I was initially was standing in a spot where there was a tremendous constructive interference with the bass sound – at least that was all I could hear (it might also have been a destructive interference of the guitar frequencies). I is indeed wise to move around a bit if the sound is shit.

supernaut
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  But my legs are old and weary, so I decided to stay put.

ah tell me about it. :(

and of course sometimes one gets into a bad sounding spot but with the best view. decisions… decisions…

TAF
                  Participant

Great jam during "Sculls in Limbo"! :D

fillmore
                    Participant
                      stereosofa
                      Participant
                        Quote:
                        Dime

Motortrades?

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994