Bremen, 26.05.2010

Home Forums General Bremen, 26.05.2010

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Be
    Participant

Well, well!? From Timothy’s Monster (which I didn’t recognize at first) on, it was very good. Un chien was definitely the highlight of the set. And yes, band and audience mood was very good, as usual in Bremen.

BUT

Apart from Starhammer and parts of GT, I still don’t like any of the songs from HMF. In the beginning the noodeling factor was again to high for me (not as bad as last year in Hamburg, though). I still don’t think that it is a good idea to take songs to an almost complete halt like Cornucopia. Especially right at the beginning when the audience just warms up. Last year that relly ruined a great song like Hogwash for me.

Eagle’s son is less than remarkable. I could happily live without that hippy tune.

As amazing it is to watch Kenneth’s skills, I think, that sometimes less would be more. After the 500th drum fill, I was longing for a more basic drumming sometimes, especially on the older songs.

Oh and the sound was very bassy in the beginning.

Yeah, I know: Whine, whine, whine…

All in all it was still a very good gig and the power the three boys put on stage is amazing.

I am still not decided if I go to Hamburg or not.

supernaut
      Participant
        Quote:
        I am still not decided if I go to Hamburg or not.

go for me then, cause i can’t.

fillmore
        Participant

Schlachthof is an amazing venue! This was my fourth Motorpsycho show at this hall and I still get amazed! Every club with that capacity should be built like it! It enables ca. 90% of the audience to have an almost unobstructed view of the stage in a super-deluxe widescreen way (kinda like Patronaat in Haarlem and probably many other of those modern dutch halls — but with much more HEART!). As a result of this architechture the reception of the music is sublime at Schlachthof!

The band enters the stage at 20:30 and means serious from the first number on! Space galore with early highlights being a Grateful Dead-ified “Satan” including nice noodling and great bass work by Bent as well as featuring the mandatory second verse of “The other one”. “Satan” goes right into a great “Mountain” with Snah going wild on the keys! A much hotter version than the day before they actually resume the song today in all its glory.

“Year Zero” is powerful! Then they play the whole new single — in order! ;-)

Yet more space to follow (“Arne H” grows with each jammed out version) and then Bent says this is something they have played only once in 1997 — and they break out an amazing version of “Timothy’s monster” which they totally nail (incl. the vocals)! Without a break “Un chien d’espace” follows, heavily evoking the “AADAP”-era! This is another 25 min version with a fairly different keys-jam and slightly different build up durig the “The faster we go”-part.

The first encure is unusually song orientated by starting with a heavy Oya-tease! ;-) “STG” is a great jam: They begin to jam upon the regular outro and slowly find their way into the rocking beginning! Beautiful!

After 145 min, just when eveybody thinks we cannot stand any longer they come back and give the 20 min “Gullible”-suite!

I have the feeling to have seen some of the best shows they did for a long time, definitely better than the last two tours! Love the space!

Not wanting to come home from THIS!

Hello to everyone!

See some of you in Leipzig!

Alex

TraktorBass
          Participant

I can’t tell you how jealous I am of the european tour.. Mountain and Gullible’s Travails, at every show?!

Jesus. I’m really happy for you though :)

I love how they’ve started doing epic encores.. LLM, GT..

@fillmore:[/quote]”STG” is a great jam: They begin to jam upon the regular outro and slowly find their way into the rocking beginning! Beautiful!

Have also heard that version once.Think it was Oslo around mid 90’s. Started with the whole outro, just to find their way into the intro. SUPERB!! Love that version!! :MPD:

otherdemon
            Participant

Oh yeah, a huge chunk of this concert is now available on Dimeadozen:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=305850

01. YEAR ZERO (12:32)

02. VISITANT (3:30)

03, EAGLESSON -> ARNE (16:08)

04. WHOLE LOTTA DIANA -> STARHAMMER (18:57)

05. TIMOTHY’S MONSTER (5:23)

06. UN CHIEN D’ESPACE (25:52)

— Encore 1 —

07. FEEL (3:53)

08. TRAP DOOR (4:40)

Bremen show on DIME!

A guy named spacebandit uoloaded this

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=305850&viewcomm=4021562#comm4021562

Unfortunately not complete cause of hardware problems.He wrote that this should be

served as an appetizer (sure tastes good!)

i was wrong with the song order. Snah´s setlist is the right one!

Holle
              Participant

yehaaa.

in two hours my train will go to cologne and I will hear this on the way. :lol:

TAF
                Participant

Incredibly messy singing on Starhammer! :D Sounds like all three are joining in, has Kenneth gone all Phil Collins lately?

TraktorBass
                  Participant

Great sound on the recording, thanks people :)

GBD
                    Participant

Not only great sound, but damn groovy too! Listening to Un Chien now…Awesome!

KK – I bow my head in awe 4 u!

Be
                      Participant

@TAF: I had the exact same “Phil Collins”-thought when I saw Kenneth sing during the gig. :-) We should forget about that, because Phil Collins is just terrible!

GBD
                        Participant

He was quite the drummer in the 70’s tho :) Let’s not forget tthe golden genesis years! But apart from that…forgotten :)

@TAF: OMG i see what you mean…That’s not good at all…

@Dolphyn: They did the same thing at Driv. Pretty damn cool!

supernaut
                          Participant

huh? it’s great to see all of them sing. the MP threesome working unit.

otherdemon
                            Participant

Am I the only one who doesn’t like The Visitant? Me thinks it’s pretty generic and unfinished.

Really good versions of Starhammer and Un Chien though.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994