Driv, Tromsø 29.04.2010

Home Forums Setlists Driv, Tromsø 29.04.2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    GBD
    Participant

Setlist:

01) Year Zero

02) Sideway Spiral III ->

03) The Bomb Proof Roll & Beyond ->

04) S.T.G -> (Beginning where it usually ends)

05) Sail On

06) A Shrug and a Fistful -> (great version with bent encouraging the audience to lend a hand to make the static at the beginning)

07) Cover Song (One of the setlists said “Eagle´sson, and bent said it was their version of some obscure 60´s song, to be released as a single shortly!)

08) A Whole lotta Diana (Nice mid jam)

09) Starhammer -> (Pretty great version with a nice mid. jam plus a noisey ending evolving into….)

10) W.B.A.T ->

11) All Is Lonelyness (People singing along plus a very hard mid. jam)

12) Cornucopia (Great and powerful!!)

13) The Ozzylot (More singing and dancing)

14) Greener ( The crowd went wild, and craved for more, but it was not to be!)

Time: About 1h35min

All in all a pretty good, but way too short show. Off to bed now, for a 4 hour nap before its time to head back home. More info + pics/videos to come

Thank you GBD for superfast review :) Looks great, nice surprises in there though quite short indeed… Good to see they’re doing STG again! Three weeks to wait for us here still, gnaaa ;-}

Elvin
      Participant

a new single!

TraktorBass
        Participant

No Gullible’s Travails? Aww. Probably because of the lack of synths etc..

Motorpsycho shows are always too short btw :D

CaptainAubrey
          Participant

Very good show i.m.h.o.. The band was in a very good mood, and seemed to be happy to be playing again, just the three of them. I was a little surprised by the setlist, alot of old tunes! Funny moment when Bent encouraged the audience to make some “arctic electronica”-static before “a shrug” (“some of you must have been alive back then”).

I’m actually surprised about the lenght of the concert, didn’t feel that short. I guess it was a good example of “quality before quantity”..

Too many great moments in there to comment about, the opening, sideway spiral, stg, starhammer, a shrug, loneliness.. and Kenneth. I know, i should probably stop commenting about him, because he is an integrated part of the band now, something that hit me during the opening of STG, but he did actually save this band when he showed up, let’s not forget that.

The only drawback for me was that Bent had shaved.. I had alot of ZZ Top-jokes going before the show!

Well, gotta get back to Alta now, last comment:

Hearing them open this tour with Year Zero gave me shivers down my back, I guess there was some thought behind that.. Sail on!

shakti
            Participant

The cover song is probably “Eagle’s Son” by The Pretty Things, released under pseudonym as The Electric Banana. They recorded a bunch of stuff in their SF Sorrow era under pseudonym for use in movie soundtracks. It’s a killer song with one of the coolest fuzz sounds ever! Can’t wait to hear a Motorpsycho single version! This is like the golden days – a flurry of releases, and off-the-cuff singles, rarities, etc…

fillmore
              Participant

Great setlist, great news! Thanks! The countdown has begun!

Great night..i`ve taped the concert but in a crapy format from my mp3player.

30kbps and 31mb.

TraktorBass
                Participant

Sounds awesome, Aubrey!

Looking forward to hearing it, dadgad :)

fillmore
                  Participant

Just realized: On 29.04.1990 the band played the first ever Motorpsycho gig! Year Zero indeed! Wow!

boomer former helm
                    Participant

wow, such a nice selection of songs, and sideway spiral !!! still in the set. it started to be my favourite in the last tour… really looking forward may now.

btw: would be great to hear your recording. i do not mind about the quality that much… would be nice to hear from you :wink:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5521549/Motorpsycho_Driv__Troms__29.04.2010

enjoy…

and if someone wants to edit the sound to make it sound better just go ahead

my acount at piratebay are fucked!!

The Other Anders
                      Participant

I do not understand how it is possible to cram this awesome setlist into 1h 35min.

Hm. Pirat Bay is not accessible from Denmark….

need to go to work now. where do people like to have the file uoloaded?

dagdad: probably megaupload or rapidshare, plus not spreading the link in public?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994