i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Home Forums General i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    ira

i know that reine is a big mp-fan, so i don't think that his presence will necessarily limit their repertoire!

pfnuesel
      Participant

I don't care what they play as long as they don't recycle setlists. :-)

mefisto
        Participant

Hope the Unicorn is dead and buried, at least :wink:

supernaut
          Participant

is it certain that it's a single LP?

i hope "no" :wink:

supernaut
            Participant

me too. stickman calls it a "compact" record though, hmmm…..

Has Ståle any part in this?

TAF
              Participant

My guess would be no.

Considering the last few albums contained almost exclusively long songs (or songs made to fit a larger context), I'm expecting a shorter, more immediate record this time around. The leftover tracks that we've seen in setlists over the last couple of tours seem to confirm this, imo.

otherdemon
                Participant

I agree with TAF. I think Still Life With Eggplant (weirdest MP album title ever :lol: ) might have more in common with COTF, but possibly a bit heavier. And with Fiske onboard, I think psychedelia will be prominent. I really hope they expand on that great Whiskey RNR outro from Zappanale last year; I can see Fiske making his presence felt on that one :D

"The leftover tracks that we've seen in setlists over the last couple of tours seem to confirm this, imo. "

I don't remember exactly, but I think that there are at least 2 or 3 10-minutes songs in the 2012 setlists (W&R&R, On a Plate and another one I found once on soundcloud…)

Nonetheless, a 1-disc album would grant interesting setlists…

odindahle
                  Participant

BronYAur: 10 minute long in a live-setting can still become a 4min on a CD.

I´ve heard MP do 4min songs for more than 10min. But as always, I wouldnt speculate to much in what we´ll get, as they always surprise us! But one thing is sure. I´ve liked every single song they´ve made so far, and I dont think this will end up now.

ThorEgil
                    Participant

20130205_071924_zpsb1017d55.jpg

Short interview in Adressa, with Kenneth, regarding the new record and tour.

Six straight songs – both short and long, with "two of the best guitarists in the world".

According to the interview, Reine Fiske is still not completely confirmed for the tour (but who knows when the interview took place).

Quick, poor translation: 6 songs, both short and longer. Back to basics! Recorded in Brygga Studios (sic!) in some hazy days. Fiske is good listener, songs was ready when Fiske joined the guys.

Elvin
                      Participant

and let´s not forget that "…and everything is catchy" :D

ThorEgil
                        Participant

And for those who might want to try google translate it's now also online adressa.no

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994