i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Home Forums General i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    grindove
    Participant

How come Dungen is mentioned everywhere Reine's name appears, but not Landberk, Paatos or Morte Macabre – three bands that I think would more likely appeal to Mp fans?

Holle
      Participant
        Quote:
        Morte Macabre

8O

Thanks. :-)

Be
        Participant

I also really hope that the Unicorn is buried in the deepest vaults of the ocean. I still hate it beyond belief and in almost 20 years of being a MP fan the Unicorn gig was the first MP gig ever, that I left before it finished.

So hoping for a concert with "songs" and not just "sounds". Still not sure, if I'll buy a ticket for Hamburg. I'd rather wait for the first setlists and the album, but then the venue might be sold out. Hmmm, difficult…

Un.Chien.d.Espace
          Participant

it's not difficult at all. buy the ticket, take the ride.

@Be: of course the guys won't play the Unicorn, they'll probably shuffle in their setlists songs like Hollow Lands, Through the Veil and possibly Mutiny (Into the Gyre maybe). You've probably been shocked by the live transposition of side 3 of the album, I don't think there's any risk they'll play it again in their whole career.

I think the Unicorn is the best MP thing since Trust Us, but nonetheless I don't think I could stand another TDDU concert in its entirety. I've seen only one and I've been very lucky with the encores (Bloom, Mezzago). But TDDU is not The Wall…

I agree with BronYAur almost word-for-word.

I was lucky enough to see TDDU performed at the Opera in Oslo, I think TDDU must been seen with all the musicians involved. To me that's the only way it makes sense.

The backing tapes, high volume, and feedback I experienced in Utrecht just made it a mess. Although the encores were nothing short of fantastic.

I think they will step a way a bit from the endless jams and proggy sufft and the new tour will be much more short(ish)rock songs, and hopefully a healthy dose of Blissard

@BronYAUr: great username. Just pulled out my vinyl of LZIII this morning. If only the new album sounded even a bit like that one we'd be in for a real treat!

"@BronYAUr: great username. Just pulled out my vinyl of LZIII this morning. If only the new album sounded even a bit like that one we'd be in for a real treat! "

Heh, "suond" is exactly my main problem with nowadays MP: too much stuff, too much confusion in many situations (see the unreadable instrumental part of KDH on Roadwork IV, or the maelstrom at the end of "Hollow Lands" guitar solo or again some passages from Mutiny), though the sound pretends to be very "clean", in the Pinkfloydian sense of the term!

I'd love much more a LZ3 sound of course… and about the nickname, it's actually the name of my former band, of course inspired by the LZ song (and by the fact that at the time two members of the band were back from a trip to Bron-Y-Aur, Wales!

And, about this sound issue, I think I should open a discussion about Kenneth: something like "great drumming, great confusion?". Sometimes I think that his drumming (which gives me goosebumps everytime, as long as I'm a drummer!) is sometimes too "ethereal" for the Motorpsycho standards, where "ethereal" means too many accent changes, too few dynamic changes, and even if Bent has a lot of fun and plays the same game (my god how much has his technical level IMPROVED in the last years???), they seem to be on some technical-geeks planet in many situations… Am I the only one to see this?

Be
            Participant

@BronYAur: I agree with you on the "over the top" drumming. Watching Kenneth drum is sometimes to much like a circus show. It's hard to believe, he can do these things, but in many – especially – older songs I would really prefer a more steady basic, but heavy drumbeat. I don't reacall exactly which song it was, but at a gig in Hamburg a couple of years ago during, maybe, Kill Some Day, I thought "He is playing about 3 times as many things than there are in the original."

I missed Geb quite a bit during these songs…

supernaut
              Participant
                Quote:
                and by the fact that at the time two members of the band were back from a trip to Bron-Y-Aur, Wales!

been there, too, in 2010. :D total zep nerd here.

I do hope they still play the standouts of TDDU like Mutiny and Veil. But I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it to rest for a while now. I've seen it at the Opera twice and once on the with-Stale-only tour. All 3 were grand. I also love to listen to it at home. It's daring and bold and just "far out there" but I find it absolutely accessible. Great melodies, hooks, riffs, grooves and vocal lines. I'm not into all too weird music myself, especially weird-for-weirdness-sake music.

Similar with Kenneths drumming. Yes, he takes it to places, but I do enjoy his approach. Because he keeps the dirt in. He's so much more of the Keith Moon- than the modern progrock ultraclean geekschool. He shows that drumming can be so much more than 4/4 dumb downbeating without having to show off.

odindahle
                Participant

Agreed supernaut! Alot of drummers nowadays goes for the ultra-simple "less is more" groovy 4/4 playing (Steve Jordan), while others go for "more" playing, but play insanely "clean" grooves and brakes (Gavin Harrison). Thats why Kenneth is my fav. drummer of all times. He don´t follow any rules! And the approach and grooves are insane. He plays in ways I personally would never come up with. And im not talking speed or time signatures, but all the small things in between and the breaks and all.

Im not sure Motorpsycho would still exist if it wasnt for Kenneth, and the way he has evolved Snah and Bent to becomming the band they are today is just great!

But I also agree that on the old "straighter" songs, he tends to overplay a bit. Its fun, but its not necesserily the best all the time!

odindahle
                  Participant

toter panda: Im guessing it was Snah who told you this?

Bent is loud, Kenneth is fast but only Snah is God!

otherdemon
                    Participant

Available for pre-order at Platekompaniet and CDON.

Mark
                      Participant

MP confirmed for May 15 in Vera, Groningen: http://www.vera-groningen.nl/agenda/mainstage/motorpsycho-0

deusvlc
                        Participant

StillLifeWithGuitar.jpg

RIP Ayers (don't know if rip off)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 126 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994