i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Home Forums General i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Coventry Boy
    Participant
      Quote:
      they assembled some 20 songs of what Bent Sæther calls ”other music”, simply songs from the last three years that didn´t suit the Unicorn but refused to be ignored.

Sounds a bit like the new Barracuda. Doesn't it

ThorEgil
      Participant

For the collectors (yes, I know you are out there) – This just in from Rune:

Please read the whole text before ordering!

Special vinyl collectors bundle, order it here.

4 great limited editions are coming up in April so this will be a very busy month.

We have decided to make a special collectors bundle with a 15% deduction.

You can pre-order the bundle now as well as the items separately.

Please note that we only accept 1 bundle order per customer and that the bundle order can not be combined with other records. Any records you want to order in addition to your bundle order must be ordered in a separate order. You may also order bundle items separately in addition to your bundle order, but please note max 2 copies of each limited edition per customer in total. Incorrect orders could be cancelled without notice or put in the back of the queue, so please follow the instructions if you want to make sure to get your desired items.

Bundle orders will be shipped in week 16.

Separate orders will be shipped a couple of days before release dates, but if you want separate shipments you must make separate orders.

If anything is unclear, please email us before ordering.

The items in the bundle are the following – NOK 750:

Motorpsycho – Still Life With Eggplant – NOK 199

Simply a great new album featuring Reine Fiske on 4 out of 5 tracks.

Limited edition of only 300 on white vinyl.

Release date: 12. April

Bushman´s Revenge – Electric Komle – Live! – NOK 249

Kick-ass (sorry, couldn´t resist) live set from increasingly excellent band.

Limited edition of 200 includes one-sided, hand-numbered 7” single of Bushman´s

featuring Susanne Sundfør on vocals and keyboards doing a dark,

enigmatic version of Depeche Mode´s classic ”Enjoy The Silence”.

Release date: 20. April (Record Store Day)

Jenny Hval – Innocence Is Kinky – NOK 199

Stunning new album produced by John Parish of PJ Harvey fame.

Limited edition of only 100 on white vinyl.

Release date: 19. April

Motorpsycho – The Death Defying Unicorn – NOK 229

Limited edtiton of 300 individually hand-numbered copies on green, marbled vinyl!

Release date: 12. April

http://www.runegrammofon.com

boomer former helm
        Participant

http://www.flight13.com/details/103606/motorpsycho-still-life-with-eggplant interesting review:

saying something like: very hallucinogenic album, with 2 guitarists and psychedelic organ-parts. longer songs kind of prog- and spacerock with jazzy drumfills and basslines. very dynamic. short songs kind of folk, or grooverock with heavy guitars. "ratcatcher" 17min long, "hell" 10 min.

marc
          Participant
            Sjur577
            Participant

God damnit, now how long are they going to keep making these space/prog albums? Enough with the jazzy 28/93,4 drum patterns and whatnot. I was a huge fan of LLM and liked DDU, but it's getting a little old now. For the first time I feel Motorpsycho are stuck instead of renewing themselves. More Snah, less Kenneth.

boomer former helm
              Participant

to me it is really alright. no worries about that.

pfnuesel
                Participant

Totally agree with you, Sjur577. Felt like this already with TDDU.

otherdemon
                  Participant

Thanks for that link, marc. The same homepage also has the track lengths:

Hell (part 1-3) (9:47)

August (4:52)

Barleycorn (Let It Come/Let It Be) (7:18)

Ratcatcher (17:10)

The Afterglow (5:57)

Total: 46 mins

So with the exception of Ratcatcher, more normal track lengths this time.

I won't commment too much about the musical content based on snippets, but they've really built my hopes up! The only thing I'm not too happy about is SPOILER AHEAD

that Hell, part 1-3 seems to be a lot slower than the live versions they played.

CaptainAubrey
                    Participant

Been wondering about that albumtitle..

Still Life With Eggplant

Some art history while we wait for the album.

Sjur577
                      Participant

Of course, I will still buy the record, but for the first time I'm not really excited for a new album. Motorpsycho are, after all, the band that brought us Timothy's Monster and Blissard. I owe them a chance. "Normal" track lengths are a step in the right direction!

I know I'm waiting for something that won't happen if I'm waiting for another Blissard these days, but I want MP to do surprise me again. And in this case, they don't.

boomer former helm
                        Participant

I understand well. I guess they just wanted to play free without expectations or boundaries after the Unicorn. And so they do what they do best: Jams, Melodies, Athmosphere… We will see.

Why is everyone judging before listening to the album? Sometimes it's sounds like some people are waiting for an album from a boy group. This is rock n roll. This is freedom. Not care about boundaries, stamps, drawers, genres. Just listen and love or hate. But listen first with a free mind. Peace.

boomer former helm
                          Participant

You´re right… :cheers:

supernaut
                            Participant

Those Barleycorn and Afterglow snippets indeed sound like early pastoral Genesis. I'm even more thrilled now.

Coventry Boy
                              Participant

I agree. And the Hell-Snippet reminds me to the Nidarsdomen Orgelfest.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994