INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019)

Home Forums General INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    marc
    Participant

Thanks a lot Bernie! I love it and everyone I showed it loves it as well.

Through past interviews and the posts of Bob LeBad, Bent's take on music and the band's MO was already rather well-known. However, it is always great to hear current thoughts.

The true highlight for me is, that I rarely (if never) seen Snah so extrovert and talkative about his perception of music. So great! Incredibly cool guy.

Also Tomas statement are really revealing. His professional musicianship highlights the unique chemistry going on between Bent and Snah.

Again, thanks a lot, Bernie! Absolut top-notch work of art! :MPD:

ffbernie
      Participant

@marc : thanks a lot

Thanks guys! Really great stuff, indeed!

Some of this material was covered the in «Supersonic Scientists – An exhibition about Motorpsycho» at Rockheim a few years back.

There some interactive "screen" where some

of the same topics were present (btw: should not be too hard to convert that stuff to web).

supernaut
        Participant

sorry for slightly being OT but it relates to the film…:

@johnny, I've also been a fan when I was 10 to 12, but when I discovered Zeppelin and Sabbath I started to think Kiss were maybe not really thaaaat good and droppped them. Later, maybe around 25, I rediscovered them. They had great songs in the 70s until Ace left. His songs but also some of Gene's like She, Deuce or Watching You I'd put up there with Immigrant Song or Wheels of Confusion.

@Bernie:

How was the band's final say? Did you show it to them before release?

Phoots Flower
          Participant

Thank you soooooooooooooo much, Bernie. You're great. Your documentary, too.

I've had to see it several times to understand it well because of my low level of English so I've enjoyed it a lot.

The audio quality at the Oslo concert is perfect. I love the crunch of Snah's fuzz. Hopefully we can see the full Oslo video with this audio quality.

I see in the credits that you have more videos in your files that have not seen the light. F5 every week :)

I feel happy and fortunate that for some reason MP music makes some kind of click or subconscious connection to my brain and therefore they are my favorite band. The albums that release at least one a year, the chance to see them live every few years and Bernie's videos give me many joys.

My dream would be that MP will release a documentary about the process of recording and mixing in an album. Hopefully someday we can see something like this.

Sometimes I have fantasized about a documentary about the HMF recording and the feelings of the people involved while Gullible's Travais was being recorded and mixed.

1. very intressting documentary, great work! Thank you so much.

2. KISS: my first record that i boght with 5 years in 1981 was Dynasty, influesed by my neightbour, 8 years older. He had this Kiss-cassettes…

We where born in the Swisscheesemountains, there was no streaming no internet no bands around there. So i loved what i had: some cassettes some LP‘s. You listend to the music and it made the pictures in your mind. Still the best Kissalbum for me is „the elder“, the only album who was sold less than a million. It was my first conceptalbum i listend to. Great travel!

So these influesces will stay the rest of your life in your head and bones. I can realy good understand Bents words.

supernaut
            Participant

haha The Elder. I think its pompousness kills it. It's really not the most clever concept album. That said, it was quite daring, pushing the boundaries and I liked it at the time. (heck I even liked Unmasked and still do). "Forget what we did so far, what anyone expects from us, what anyone thinks we're (not) capable of. Now we gonna do this because we feel like it!" Quite motorpsychedelic in spirit. The band is more than we individual musicians are. It's a vessel to do things and go places.

kjellepelle
              Participant

Love the documentary, Will it be possible to get as a fysical copy. :MPD:

Vegard B. Havdal
                Keymaster

OMG Kjelli FYSICAL COPY

:STG:

:cheers:

kjellepelle
                  Participant

Vegard I'm old school.. :lol:

ThorEgil
                    Participant

I'm in for a physical copy also. My old school stereo system is connected to my old school TV, but not to these modern time interwebs.

Devotional
                      Participant

Bernie, you are a legend. What can I say? THANK YOU! :STG:

bionaut
                        Participant

Thank you Bernie! I keep watching the opening sequence to the start of The Tower. I love it. I may never see this band live, and I am blessed to have such great video and audio coming over the internet to America :)

As for the Kiss influence on Motorpsycho, it really jumps out for me in Hey Jane. That "Ooo-ooo, Ooo-ooo, Ooooo" part of the chorus is straight out of the Kiss songbook.

ffbernie
                          Participant

awesome…thanks guys

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994