INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019)

Home Forums General INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    mister conclusion
    Participant

Bernie, this is just fantastic. I enjoyed every moment and it is astonishing, how professional and perfect everything looks and sounds. Great interviews. Everybody who is not convinced after seeing this just isn't worth Motorpsycho. A masterpiece!

My only "complaint" would be that it just ends so early. I could have watched more of this. This can of course be fixed once you have published the 4h+ Director's Cut?

ffbernie
      Participant

dear mister conclusion…thank you for the kind words. I spent a whole year working on it almost every day …so Im pretty sick of it now :-) so no directors cut just yet :-)x bernie

Absolutely amazing stuff.

The passion behind this gives a new meaning to being a diehard fan..

ffbernie
        Participant

@space trucker : arent we all diehard fans :MPD:

pfnuesel
          Participant

This is easily the best documentary I have ever seen.

ffbernie
            Participant

@pfneusel : that seems a bit over the top but thank you x bernie

supernaut
              Participant

so here's a quote:

Hans at the 38min mark:

"we're still learning how to play, sing and write, a continuous learning process. As long as you have that spirit and the will to experiment, then it doesn't settle into something stale. And we still have immense fun struggling to make our music come through."

So good news: there's probably quite a few years of music and juice left in the band. But where haven't they been yet? How much is there left to explore? Of course experimentation or rather free form jammin is endless by nature. Will the realization of having made everything (possible) be the end of the band? Or – which seems more important the way Hans said – when the fun's gone? Well according to the film, that day seems to be way off.

@bernie: sorry to ask again, maybe you haven't seen me doing so the first time around: Did you present the finished movie to them for some sort of reviewing before releasing?

ThorEgil
                Participant

Where haven't they been yet?

Well, Bent is an avid and very knowledgeable jazz fan so I asked him once – When will we get the first acoustic jazz album from Motorpsycho? He claimed being unable to play the double bass, but I'm sure one day it is bound to happen. One day.

They haven't been that hard into rap or hip hop yet either, but I somehow feel that I can wait a little longer for that album.

ffbernie
                  Participant

@SUPERNAUT : lets just say nobody enjoyes looking at themselves…they agreed to do be interviewed as long as I did my thing with it and didnt present it as an "official" story/history of MP which was fine by me. They were extremely open and forthcoming during the interviews which is the biggest reason the film works and is full of warmth and life. Neither did they interfere with or asked about the editing. They hinted that any interference might make it less authentic and stressed that they wanted to see "my take" on their story. such nice people …dream subjects I would say :-)

Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

@ ThorEgil: The day they release their first rap or hip hop album I'll burn my Motorpsycho collection! Or better buy my first Hip Hop album instead ;-)

Ratmaus
                      Participant
                        Quote:
                        Beastie Boys og Cypress Hill er to rapnavn som dras fram. Aphex Twins er det eneste technonavnet de vil godkjenne. Snah synes annen techno blir for statisk Рi hvert fall live. Han f̴r bifall fra Bent:

Techno har jeg ikke fÃ¥tt fot for enda. Jeg skjønte heller aldri Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk og de gruppene der. Det har skorta pÃ¥ tid og lyst til Ã¥ utforske dette skikkelig. Og nÃ¥ da jeg oppdaga Sebadoh for noen uker sia… Men jeg ligger jo alltid noen Ã¥r etter, sÃ¥ om to Ã¥r oppdager jeg sikkert techno.

BEAT, 1994.

Quote:
                        Per i dag er det ingen breakbeat i dette bandet, men vi vil ikke holde dørene stengt for de tingene der. Jævlig mye innen Hip-Hop-Funk er bra, elementer som godt kunne ha passet inn i det vi holder på med. Men det har det ennå ikke gjort.

Bent to Puls, 1995. Well, they’re not exactly rushing to it …

JERO
                        Participant

…hophipping and rapping? Good grieve. The beastie boys they are not. I'm eagerly awaiting results of that Stravinsky and other modern-classical composers influence, though! With their talent for awe-inspiring melodies and power build-ups without bombast that could bring them even beyond the courts of the progrock kings!

supernaut
                          Participant

Star Dancer vs Car Cancer?

Ratmaus
                            Participant

@supernaut: That’s the closest they’ll ever get, I guess. Wouldn’t mind more oddballs like that one, though!

Punj Lizard
                              Participant

I know this is off topic, but following the comments above…

I'd love to hear an album leaning more heavily on acoustic folk but with some electric thrown in – e.g. Led Zep III, After the Goldrush, If I Could Only Remember My Name ….

I also reckon they could record a brilliant boogie album along the lines of T.Rex's Electric Warrior or some ZZ Top. Or a funk rock album (Funk 99 already proves this).

How about some kosmische/krautrock?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994