Morgenbladet Top 100 Best Norwegian Albums Of All Time

Home Forums General Morgenbladet Top 100 Best Norwegian Albums Of All Time

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant

The list of albums so far

And today the first MP-album appeared at #71: Let Them Eat Cake. I'm a bit surprised this even made the list, as I consider it one of the weaker efforts. But hey, chances are that other MP-albums are to come later….

jtr
      Participant

well it might be to you. but for me LTEC is a perfect album, completely flawless. it might be very different from the other albums, but its a very fine record in its own right. anyway, i expect many MP albums to turn up in that list :)

Yep, same with me. First MP-album ever heard and loved it from the beginning.

otherdemon
        Participant

Another nice piece of trivia: Bent sent in his top 10 to this event. And the website is about to reveal the top 10's of all the musicians/artists who voted!

At least one of these people got things right :P

I think Sondre Lerche had "Timothy's Monster" and "Blissard" in his top three as well? We will certainly see more Motorpsycho albums on the list.

Last week, Morgenbladet printed a letter challenging the rules of the competition. It was claimed that artists with one good album would be at an advantage compared to artists with many good albums, as the fans of the latter would split the votes between the different albums. Motorpsycho was used as the example of an artist who would be "punished" for being consistently good.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see "Timothy's Monster" close to the top.

kjesso
          Participant

Trust Us at #65.

otherdemon
            Participant

I feel kinda confident that DB, Timmy and Blissard will pop up later as well (not so sure about Angels & Daemons though)

And yeah, I'm still not head over heels in love with LTEC or IALC (Phanerothyme on the other hand… I hope that one makes the list, easily the best of the pop-trilogy)

otherdemon
              Participant

Another piece of info: The radio-show Kulturhuset on NRK P2 counts down 7 of the confirmed albums every Friday. And the reviewers usually contribute opinions/trivia/info on each album. Check out nrk.no to hear the programs.

kjesso
                Participant

Blissard at #25, as mentioned in another thread.

With three albums on the list so far, and with at least two more to come, Motorpsycho will certainly be the band with most albums on the list. My guess is that Demon Box will be in the top ten, and Timothy's in the top three (together with Materialtretthet and Block to Block).

On Morgenbladet's web site, short essays about every album is published. These will be published later – the essays for albums 11-100 will be collected in one volume, while there will be longer essays written about the top ten albums. These longer essays will be published as ten short books, by Falck Forlag.

And there will also be at least one show to celebrate the top album / top albums.

otherdemon
                  Participant

I think I'm going to buy the books, at least the MP-related ones. If they make a nice package offer on all of 'em, I'll buy 'em all :lol:

pfnuesel
                    Participant

I'm surprised that The White Birch didn't make it in any list.

kjesso
                      Participant

This may or may not mean anything, but in an ad for Morgenbladet they mention their list of 100 albums, and have various record covers spread around the ad. Motorpsycho presents the International Tussler Society is one of the covers used, which probable means that that album will appear on the list.

(The others albums used in the ad are Hunting High and Low, Ass Cobra, Neste Sommer, Materialtretthet, Levva Livet, Juba Juba, Death in the Rocking Horse Factory, and albums by DumDum Boys, Maria Solheim and Bel Canto, and two albums I don't recognize.)

Elvin
                        Participant

Hahahaha! If so, that means that "the International Tussler Society" is "better" than both Trust Us and Blissard!

ThorEgil
                          Participant

The Blissard review came today. MBTopp100

kjesso
                            Participant

Demon Box at 21. Slightly disappointing.

Morgenbladet will, like I mentioned earlier, arrange some concerts with artists from the list. There will actually be several, where albums from the list are performed in full. Some such shows were listed today (http://mbtopp100.no/live/), the most interesting being Holy Toy performing their classic Warzsawa, In Oslo, November 3rd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994