Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Home Forums General Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 288 total)
  • Author

One more review from Reibung erzeugt Wärme! But it's completely in German!

Un.Chien.d.Espace
    Participant

what do you guys think about the "hidden track" on side 1? :-)

The album gets better every time I listen to it.

And how about the drum break in the middle of kvæstor, that's Kapstad tipping the hat to Iron maiden by playing the intro to "where eagles dare"!

GBD
      Participant

Hence "Where greyhounds dare" :)

By the way, loving the album so far. The only track i sort of dislike is Ghost. But on the plus side; The Promise, Hell pt 4-6, The Magic & The wonder and Cloudwalker are all killer tracks! ANd the rest will surely grow on me as i give it more spins (except for ghost – Can't seem to get myself liking that track).

stereosofa
        Participant

@GDB: if you got yours frome rune, you got a cd, right? so, no further download is needed where you already got the digital audio in high-res wav-files instead of mp3 :wink:

GBD
          Participant

Stereosofa; After checking the forum, i found that i've misunderstood. That's why i deleted that part of the post.

I just got my vinyl copy from Stickman after reviewing it from a CD and I think the "etching" is beautiful, one of my favourite tracks on a killer album, really ties it together nicely. Really loving Kvaestor and Entropy too. My review was a bit of a rush job too (I review 30-40 records most weeks) and clumsily written but I still stand by it otherwise.

stereosofa
            Participant

"Gorgeous 180g 2LP edition includes etching, one black and one white LP as well as the CD. And a special feature…" rune promises.

so i ordered mine from rune too cause i was very very curious about the "and a special feature…" and thought: what could it be? inflatable eggplant-zeppelin?

hm, what is it this special feature? what do you think? is it the "hidden track" in the etching on side a or something completely different that i have not discovered yet?

Krist Rampage
              Participant

Good question.

I received my copy today and just gave it first spin. Exciting! Lot's of acoustic guitars and some very high energy songs. I like the returning themes in Hell a lot. I might need a few spins to have a thorough opinion though. This record feels a lot more personal than the last few, which i kind of refreshing.

Krist Rampage
                Participant

http://motorpsycho.no/ says BE HERE 10/03/2014.

stereosofa
                  Participant

another german review: http://unterhaltung.de.msn.com

with a rating as funny as true:

"überzeugend" (convincing/ persuasive)

:MPD:

CaptainAubrey
                    Participant

So fuck what every journalist is saying. What do you guys think about the album?

My 2 cents:

The record is getting better and better each time I listen to it.

For now, my favorite is "Hell part 4-6", hope they play it next weekend at rockefeller, sounds like a helluva grand, good jam in there. The first time we've gotten that eastern feel from our boys!

Every song is getting better, and I hear new things every time; Just how it should be with a new MP-album! Wasn't like that with "Eggplant", in my case, so I'm glad to have that feeling back..

The only thing that bugs me about it is doesn't seem like an album, but more like a collection of songs. But maybe that will pass in a few more listens..

Great album and super cool with the two songs side by side on A side. Didnt they have a 10" back in the 90`s with two songs like that too?

does anyone have a pic of the etched side?

vorsla
                      Participant
                      Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 288 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994