Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Home Forums General Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant
      Quote:
      they did that before? when?

In 1992, on the 3 Songs For Rut single. Loaded and Some Real Mindfuck on side B were also cut in parallell.

boomer former helm
      Participant

thanks for the tip, i did not notice the 2nd track before. cool.

"ghost" is my favourite track at the moment. i especially love the fact that it was not clearly visible or listenable what it is about when i listened to the album the first time. now the song grows a lot to me.

i even like a lot the raw and chaotic power of "hell pt7", pure anarchy. great.

the other songs depend on my personal mood. once i liked "on a plate" not really, other time i catched it and understood the beauty of it.

it was mentioned before, it is a really personal and intimate album in my opinion too. there is a lot of space/room for reflecting and emotions.

let it grow :MPD:

ThorEgil
        Participant

Musikkmagasinet (Klassekampen) also printed a 4/6 review in the paper edition.

In the interview when asked about one song that is a milestone and highlight Snah mentions Un chien d'espace because that was when he realised that mp could go nearly anywhere, and that gave them the freedom they've needed.

I also think it's an album that I understood some songs under different circumstances or "realized" them not in the same environment. Victim of rock I got sitting relaxed on the sofa although it truely IS chaotic. Whereas in the car it can get too much! Is there any more guitar possible inside one song? :STG:

I love the riff of cloudwalker and cool ideas for example with the saw at the end.

The middle part of the promise is genious! Deep Purple with Bent on the organ!

Entropy grew already on me and yep, hell pt. 4-6 is just really great with the repeating theme and a beautiful non-drum part.

The jam on on a plate is cool. Just sounds like a magic moment live.

ghost… cool produced but you're better not in a too bad mood listening to that one…. ;) may grow more but in any case very cool ending.

All in all I really dig the tons of different sounds on the album. And it's never too much mellotron!

nicoot
          Participant

Always wondered whether/where you can "official" (correct) lyrics of Still Life With Eggplant and Behind The Sun, since there are none to be found in the cd package…

GBD
            Participant
              nicoot
              Participant

Thanks man just saw it! Appreciate the effort :)

GBD
                Participant

Hoping for some input from you guys aswell. Though i'm hoping i can have the rest somewhat finished by tomorrow.

TraktorBass
                  Participant

@GBD: That is some good work! I was thinking about doing Behind the Sun, but you came me in the forkjøp!

Also, from Klassekampen: "Kenneth Kapstad har «bare» vært fullverdig medlem av Motorpsycho i sju Ã¥r, …"

SEVEN years already? Holy hell, time flies.

supernaut
                    Participant
                      Quote:
                      In 1992, on the 3 Songs For Rut single. Loaded and Some Real Mindfuck on side B were also cut in parallell.

ah thanks, I dont' have that one.

I only gave it a half spin so far. Side A is great, I just love underplayed ambient pieces. Cloudwalker might be a sleeper, Ghost I'm not into yet, On A Plate is allright but also somewhat underwhelming. But then The Promise is sheer bliss and Kvaestor is amazing, that Glass/Reich sample thingy running underneath makes it mindboggeling. Hell 4-6 is a fine ride. For some reason I haven't listened to the next songs yet but Hell pt 7, which I find great! They completely go nuts in that one. Chaotic? Well yes but not quite. It's still held together, close to the edge but doesn't trip over. One guitar "solo" is as hilarious as exploding, I can smell that guitar burning. Just wow. Hope I'll witness that one live.

supernaut
                      Participant

Thanks to GBD for the effort. Looking forward to Hell pt 4 lyrics. The bits I understand there could be very poignant for me at the moment.

edit: thanks TAF, the Hell lyrics describe exactly what just happened to me this month. Crazy.

jtr
                        Participant

After listening to the album a few times, I love it. And I think it works well together with Eggplant as a double album of sorts. Try listening to Eggplant first and then BtS right after it. Some really REALLY sweet songs on there, but I havent had time yet to learn the song names. I mostly listened to it via mp3/headphones while biking through the woods. Which is a great way to do it, even tho you have to sacrifice sound quality, of course.

Thanks btw for letting me know about the cut-in parellel thing. Now I gotta order the vinyl, too. I had ordered the CD from amazon, which gives you mp3 downloads as well, as soon as its released, which meant I could listen to it on Friday while it only arrived physically at my house yesterday.

Exciting times for Psychonauts! I've listened through the album three times and love (most of) it! In contrast to many others, I don't find Cloudwalker that exciting. The structure of the song is cool, but the chorus is boring and ruins it a bit. Hopefully it'll grow on me. Ghost is neither a favourite (yet). I don't get the "emotional kick" from listening to it and find it a bit uninspiring. These two songs aside, the rest of the album is great, especially Kvæstor (wow!!!my favourite so far!) and Hell 4-6 (oh yeah!). On a plate I've listened to so many times before, so it has lost a bit of novelty (although a very cool rocker). The Promise is full of energy and classic MP style I'd say. Really like it! Snah does a great job with Entropy. Beautiful! Looking forward to the acoustic guitars coming on stage again. I like The Magic and The Wonder a lot. Reines guitar contribution is pure bliss. Looking forward to this one live! finally Hell pt7 is indeed chaotic, but very fun. Is it the nex "Kill Devil Hills" intens-o-rama live? Hopefully we'll know on Friday :STG:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 288 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994