Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Home Forums General Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    Krist Rampage
    Participant

Palo, Supernaut is right. You can play side a (from the start) and there are two songs on there (or rather soundscapes). They are cut in parallel so it's a surprise every time you play it which one you will here. There is no real etching on the vinyl, unless they meant the non-concentic circles towards the center.

@ supernaut: yep, and there's actually no need to make a secret of that "balls-thing".

but most of the guys don't really want to talk about it or admit it, so i always thought there must be something artificial about it. But as i said i may also not be 100% free of it so let's keep on the rock n' roll, no matter big or small amp.

An interesting interview with Snah, from an italian web magazine (also in english)

http://sentireascoltare.com/articoli/motorpsycho-intervista-2014/ :MPD:

ThorEgil
      Participant

The Motorpsycho merch department is pushing borders…

Vogue.it

supernaut
        Participant
          Quote:
          @ supernaut: yep, and there's actually no need to make a secret of that "balls-thing". but most of the guys don't really want to talk about it or admit it, so i always thought there must be something artificial about it. But as i said i may also not be 100% free of it so let's keep on the rock n' roll, no matter big or small amp.

Exactly. Some people take that cockposing thing in rock music way too serious. On both sides. :)

Nice Snah interview up there. It's all about the magic and wonder of music. And speaking of which: Magic & Wonder and Entropy finally clicked with me as well. Never had this long to get into an MP album. Weird. Also despite what I wrote about changing the sequence on my cell, I still listen to it more on vinyl and CD when I'm home. No MP3 guy here.

supernaut
          Participant

I must revise. I love Ghost and On A Plate now, too. Gave the album another loud spin today (in original sequence, ha!) with the official lyrics at hand and this is a mighty fine record from top to bottom.

Yeah, I finally got it yesterday. I like it much more than the Eggplant, the song are better, the vocals are better, it all seems more concise, Reine definitely is amazing and he should stay.

deusvlc
            Participant

BTS first place (7.69) in intro: platten vor gericht

Love that song hell pt 4-7, love the whole cd as a matter of fact. They're back or maybe they never been away, gonna be a great spring tour quite some songs for Snah to jam his way in endless psychonaut guitar tunes & now MP has a fourth member on guitar also, as I'm not mistaken hearing the new songs.

Best record since Trust us but i think that the songwriting is a little bit better than in the 90`s. They sounds perfect from the first til the last minute. Their vocals are better than all the time before. And Hell Pt.7 is the best Hardrock song i´ve heard in the last years. Chaotic? No! Just only hard rock!!!

kjesso
              Participant

A rather excellent review in Mojo:

Norwegian psych-prog rocketeers celebrate quarter century in ecstatic style.

For most bands simply surviving 25 years is an achievement, but to do so while enjoying a run of consistently stunning records is virtually unheard of. That their latest album finds Motorpsycho sounding as wild and adventurous as ever is testament to the creative flame blazing bright between founder members Bent Sæther and Hans Magnus Ryan and relative newcomer Kenneth Kapstad. With assistance from Dungen guitarist Reine Fiske and string players Ole Henrik Moe and Kari Rønnekleiv, Behind the Sun is a freewheeling melting pot of West Coast harmonies, prog-jazz dexterity and power trio muscle. Whether melodic and mellow or blown out or busy, this exhilarating ride through rock's back pages offers irrefutable proof that these Nordic giants are currently operating at the peak of ther powers. (Andrew Carden, 4/5 stars)

kjesso
                Participant

A rather excellent review in Mojo:

Norwegian psych-prog rocketeers celebrate quarter century in ecstatic style.

For most bands simply surviving 25 years is an achievement, but to do so while enjoying a run of consistently stunning records is virtually unheard of. That their latest album finds Motorpsycho sounding as wild and adventurous as ever is testament to the creative flame blazing bright between founder members Bent Sæther and Hans Magnus Ryan and relative newcomer Kenneth Kapstad. With assistance from Dungen guitarist Reine Fiske and string players Ole Henrik Moe and Kari Rønnekleiv, Behind the Sun is a freewheeling melting pot of West Coast harmonies, prog-jazz dexterity and power trio muscle. Whether melodic and mellow or blown out or busy, this exhilarating ride through rock's back pages offers irrefutable proof that these Nordic giants are currently operating at the peak of ther powers. (Andrew Carden, 4/5 stars)

My two cents:

I've listened to the new album over and over again.

Great album! I really like it!

In my opinion the best one of the "post-gebhardt"-era.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 288 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994