Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Home Forums General Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

Hm, maybe we should be careful about killing a good alias here, but "Bob LeBad" (as it was actually spelled when I checked) would in English be called "Bubb LeBath" and I believe he's sitting closer to the source than most…

supernaut
      Participant

Bubb LeBath :lol: this never came to my mind…. good one.

otherdemon
        Participant

Some more info from Plattentests.de:

Elf fantastische Songs, die zwischen großen Melodiebögen und dem Abdriften in psychedelische Improvisations-Parts stilsicher pendeln und damit die sowieso eingeschworene Motorpsycho-Fangemeinde einmal mehr in Verzückung zu versetzen werden.

Eleven great songs that oscillate between large stylish melodies and the drift into psychedelic improvisational parts and so the knit anyway Motorpsycho fan base once more to put in ecstasy.

http://www.plattentests.de/forum.php?topic=83615&seite=1

otherdemon
          Participant

And here's the first video-teaser from Behind The Sun:

Kvestor made it onto the album! :D

Suppose that's a play on Iron Maiden's 'Where Eagles Dare'?

Quote:

Haha, was thinking the same. Sounds way too similair not be one =p

also, do we know who will produce the album?

hoping it's an outside producer – as much as i love this band, i'm struggling to enjoy their self-produced albums (BH/BC, RW4, SWE) due to the sound quality. real shame as i think BH/BC is their most under-rated album that got some excellent songs and ideas, evidenced by the live versions.

"…in a tale of treachery & greed, as well as inspirational, inhuman self-sacrifice: "Behind The Sun" [a ThunderTrønder Production!]

Guess Bent is the producer..

cjacob
            Participant

Bent once said that John Paul Jones was the only producer That Motorpsycho wanted to work with….We all now KÃ¥re Vesterheim did a great Producer Job…But i have to say Deathprod and John paul Jones Work together. And releasing a record soon. So there is not a long wayy….So maby one day John Paul Jones is the producer of a motorpsycho record…

And about Bent as a producer…I Think the Thunder Trønder is a great producer….

Jacob.

TAF
              Participant
                Quote:

Seems pretty likely, since the opening drum break is also lifted verbatim from that song.

The ending break is also used in as the very ending to the song "Black Sabbath".

Also, the number sequence in the teaser seems to be geographical coordinates.

That`ll be the coordinates for Brygga Studio, right?

ThorEgil
                Participant

Exactly

stereosofa
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    hoping it's an outside producer – as much as i love this band, i'm struggling to enjoy their self-produced albums

I agree with that.

sometimes I already thought "what a pity, so much brilliance is buried in muddy sound." not even steve albini – the lord of pure sound – could tame them.

a steven wilson mix for a motorpsycho album would be the icing on the cake i.m.o.

If that's the album sound it's pretty great. i must agree on swe (and bh/bc …) the sound wasn't the best.

in my opinion "TU" has the best sound and "BHBC" has the worst

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 288 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994