Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Home Forums General Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant

The first review(?)

Good review, but the reviewer hasn't noticed that Snah takes lead vocals on some of the tracks.

Def Leopard? I sincerely doubt they are influenced by Def Lepperd, as I"m pretty sure that's who the writer means. They're both rock bands, that's where the similarity stops. It sure as hell isn't the drumming, 'cause KK has four arms and the dude from Def has just the one!

If you're not sure that I'm right.

supernaut
      Participant
        Quote:
        'cause KK has four arms and the dude from Def has just the one!

:lol:

marc
        Participant

kind of a review (nicely written info text of a mailorder):

http://www.flight13.com/details/107983/motorpsycho-behind-the-sun

otherdemon
          Participant

Received a promo copy last week and have listened through the entire record a couple of times. What can I say; Motorpsycho has continued to refine their signature sound. Better said: Nothing is new on this record and some might think that's great. In my opinion the record feels almost like a random-patch-work-edit from the 25 previous years. Will say, vocal parts, mellotron sounds, guitar solo, songwriting etc. is almost too familiar and almost every note has been played before; live or on record, to an extend that I can't recall anymore on which album or on what song!?!

Motorpsycho is probably still todays best rock band and maybe they have just settled on such a high technical standard and superb songwriting that one is pretty spoiled by their continuous output.

Personally I miss the noisy edges from "Demon Box", the interstellar improvisation from "Angel's & Daemons" or the gorgeous songwriting of "Trust us", "Timothy's" and "Unicorn", but having said that I realize that those five are probably the best five rock records of all time!

I will for sure enjoy the record from time to time. I will also continue to see the band play live, exactly like so many times before during the last 20 years. Sure, I'll buy their next record, too. But I will look for inspiration in the music of bands like Bushman's Revenge, Grand General, Stian Westerhus & Pale Horses etc, while (after all) Motorpsycho still sounds like Motorpsycho, and that is hard to beat, after 25 specesuitetravelling years. As I said before, nothing is really new. Sail on!

otherdemon
            Participant

Kvæstor was nice :-) Really robotic strings on that one. And different from the teaser; that one must have been a live-in-the-studio thingy.

marc
              Participant
                otherdemon
                Participant

Kvæstor starts at the 13th minute.

otherdemon
                  Participant

On A Plate starts at 54:40

boomer former helm
                    Participant

visions magazine gives 11/12 :D

marc
                      Participant

what about a scan or a brief (or maybe comprehensive) summary? pretty please :-)

boomer former helm
                        Participant

sorry, just read quickly at the airport without buying it and remember only a few things besides 11/12: the reviewer mentioned how great and timeless the songs are. and he said that motorpsycho are propably the best band in the world today (!), he simply can not imagine that they release an album like that just a year, shortly after the release of the last album which was quiet good too. he wrote something like he can not beieve that such a great album is written in only 1 year. sorry, more i do not remember, maybe someone else can post a scan?

deusvlc
                          Participant

Just saying, at musicload.de you have 1:30 snippets. It will somewhat spoil the beggining of the songs but i couldnt help my curiosity…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 288 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994