Motorpsycho feat. Ståle Storløkken @ Nidarosdomen, Trondheim 02.11.2011

Home Forums General Motorpsycho feat. Ståle Storløkken @ Nidarosdomen, Trondheim 02.11.2011

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

Ok, silly question: downloaded the torrent, but how the HELL do I convert it to something listenable (on a mac!)?

Edit: also downloaded several converters, but they don't seem to work…. The strange thing is that I've done it before, but now nothing works…. I used Vuze by the way.

Rolf
      Participant

The files are compressed with the official FLAC prog (on linux, but that shouldn't make a difference). FLAC should work everywere. But I have zero experience with MAC, so I can't help you. My only advice is to get something which isn't mac.

You might get lucky here:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

@ Mark:

I'll always use Foobar2000 for converting FLAC to WAV, WAV to MP3 etc.

Available for Mac (with some effort):

Simple way to run foobar2000 on Mac

@ TvdR:

About that beautiful Alpine White Gibson EDS-1275 double neck,

I regret having the next sentence in my vocabulary but:

I'll tap that ass!

(If it ever would be in my vicinity)

The owner probably would just let it to be tapped with one finger before he/she sends the dogs for me…

Un.Chien.d.Espace
        Participant

i use "switch" on my mac. you can listen and convert flac files with it!

s_edelman
          Participant

1:23 (83min) makes it unCDburnable, I guess?

Mark
            Participant

thanks guys!

Edit: Success!

otherdemon
              Participant

Edelman: If you make a little bit of editing, like removing the last 3 mins of applause + the first 30 secs which is basically silence, then it should just about fit a 80 minute CD.

@supernaut: That could very well be, that it is a handbuilt one. This is just what came to mind. That, or he found a Rex Bogue (http://www.theguitarcolumn.com/2009/08/john-mclaughlins-rex-bogue-double.html) or the Ibanez copy thereof – recently reissued in a 45 piece run (http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-2670RE).

My Epiphone is excellent in every way, although I could be lucky. I've read on some forums posts by people who detest theirs because of soundproblems (pickups, uneven wood, etc.) or hardwareproblems. But of course this thing costs a fraction of what the Gibson costs, and no two guitars are ever the same. One of my tuningpegs is a bit messed up (it has some play from the start, but I can live with that – for now), but it came out of the box beautifully set up and it resonates magnificently. So if you can pick one up cheap, try it out a bit first (like always) and then by all means buy it!

@Crackpot: If you're lucky and nice, I MIGHT let you lay a finger – or even a whole hand – on mine… :D But although that white one (as used by John McLaughlin, as you well know) is beautiful, I must admit I like it more in cherry. Have you seen the Jimmy Page signature version (http://gc.guitarcenter.com/jimmy-page/) ?

grtz, T

supernaut
                Participant

it was in a shop in germany, i only happened to be there a couple of days. there went my chance. now i got my eyes on a epiphone non reverse thunderbird. :)

supernaut
                  Participant

listening now. nice recording. thanks again.

i love that part starting at about 15min, sounds like the eerie soundscapes pink floyd used to do. careful with that e-bow, hans.

Thanks for the recording Rolf, really cool! As I'm anal retentive when it comes to having covers for my itunes albums, I made one for this recording. It is available here

cheers

-j-

Joecoco
                    Participant

I know I keep asking and I'm being ignored again and again, but

is it possible to get this (and other recordings) without having to use Torrent?

fillmore
                      Participant

Joecoco: I have the FLACs laying in my public Dropbox-folder and I can send you the link. E-mail me: mpnews[at]motorgigs[dot]org!

jazznik: very nice cover, thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994