Motorpsycho live 2023

Home Forums General Motorpsycho live 2023

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    psychotzar
    Participant

A taste of tonights Sacrificing show in Bergen: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs4YtmLgoim/?hl=nb

A lot of tickets left for today and tomorrow.

cloudhawker
      Participant

To anyone in the Bergen and Vestland area on this forum: I would definitely recommend running to get one of those tickets left if you haven’t already got one. I went to one of the early iterations of this at Dansens hus in Oslo and was treated to what was then known as Ny lang and Ny halvlang (Chariot and Mona Lisa/Azrael) as well as the entire NOX suite. Quite somthing! Now without Thomas of course but I am sure they’ll pull off something unique with Tos instead. Go kjenn din besøkelsestid!

ThorEgil
        Participant

Totally agree with cloudhawker. A unique concert with a unique dancer (although Hooman Sharifi refused being photographed by me :wacko: )

Go see the show!

psychotzar
          Participant

It was nice. They played parts of Chariot Of The Sun. Apart from that I did not recognise any tune to be honest. I am going again tomorrow! Why not?

kjesso
            Participant

Yeah, a nice show, but it’s not the same without a drummer. The dancer was fun. They ended with Sister Ray; the only song with vocals.

Sjur577
              Participant

Motorpsycho with a drum machine. That’s a first for me. Lots of droning, Snah mostly (only?) used his guitar for ambience.

I liked it, but didn’t understand much of it, and I look forward to see them play some of their shorter material on the upcoming tour. Hopefully.

Bergens Tidende was there, so I’m excited to see what they’ll say.

Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

Sister (drum machine confusion) Ray? I’d like to hear that!
                  Anyone recording?

kjesso
                  Participant

Bergens Tidende gives the show 4/6. The review opens with the statement “There’s no point trying to understand this show”.

https://www.bt.no/kultur/anmeldelser/i/rlXwKm/gjennomfoert-rar-eksplosiv-og-stoeyete

airguitarhero
                    Participant

I am excited about my first Motorpsycho gig, attending the Leeds show on the 25th June. The band is incredible.

Best wishes from Lancashire North West England

Krist Rampage
                      Participant

That’s awesome!! Enjoy!

:stg:

boomer former helm
                        Participant

Welcome to the forum and great you discovered Motorpsycho :mp:

suntripper
                          Participant

Have a great gig! And spread the word up there!

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

@airguitarhero – it’s great to hear another UK Motorpsycho fan has joined the group! I still remember my first Motorpsycho show in London in 2017. I quickly followed it up with a trip to see them in Cologne a couple of weeks later, and I haven’t looked back since. I’ve managed about a dozen shows by now and have five more lined up for this year, including two of the UK shows (Southampton and London) and the three shows in the Netherlands in October.

I’m sure you’re going to have an incredible time in Leeds – I have a feeling these are going to be pretty intimate and unusual shows. Sail on!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Punj Lizard.
                              timtunes
                              Participant

Very disappointed to see that the Southampton UK gig 22/6 is ‘postponed’.

I was so ‘psyched’ for the gig! Hope it really is just a postponement..slightly worried that the gig was a bit ‘to in the sticks’ given the UK fanbase?

Hope not…..

suntripper
                                Participant

@timtunes: Where did you see that?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 200 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994