Motorpsycho live 2023

Home Forums General Motorpsycho live 2023

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    timtunes
    Participant

Email from the ticket seller, also noted on the venue website – other gigs still advertised

suntripper
      Participant

That’s a real shame! I hope it isn’t down to poor sales. All I can see on the website is that it has disappeared from the What’s On page. I wonder whether other dates are going to be affected? It would be useful to know.

Punj Lizard
        Participant

I’m really bummed about the Southampton show. So far, the other dates still seem to be intact.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Punj Lizard.
          Wulf
          Participant

Not anymore 😢

wilhelmstroker
            Participant

Another UK fan here (but originally from the Netherlands so seen them plenty of times back in the day). I have a ticket for the London show for the 23rd and that has also been cancelled and no new dates just yet.

airguitarhero
              Participant

Whatever happens I wish the boys all the best.

Punj Lizard
                Participant

Bummer! Both my UK shows postponed. I hope everything is OK with the band.

From Motorpsycho’s Facebook page:

‘So sorry about this. A real bummer.
                  “Shows postponed due to unforeseen circumstances; new dates will be announced soon. Tickets remain valid or refunds at points of purchase.” 😢😥
                  Too many factors conspired to make this tour impossible to do right now, but we are trying our best to rescedule and will announce developments ASAP!’

Tomcat
                  Participant

I guess there are just too many “compromising” aspects right now – costs are higher than ever due to Brexit (…), demand in the UK might still be rather low (hope it’ll change with Yay! and the digital promo) plus not to forget: motorpsycho has a new drummer.

I’m sorry for those who wanted to go, may it happen soon when it fits better :-/

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Tomcat.
                    airguitarhero
                    Participant

Agreed about Brexit, aaaaaaaagh!

Tommy
                      Participant

I was very close to buy tickets and book flights. I am very sorry for all those who made it concrete.
                        No one knows the circumsdances but cancelling one week before is too close.

airguitarhero
                        Participant

Here is an idea, a YAY inspired T-shirt highlighting the UK tour that was delayed, really cool design showing the tour dates?

suntripper
                          Participant

I know they lose money when they come to the UK – and that problem predates Brexit. The English Channel probably has something to do with it. They tour here for love, not money. However, money is tight at their level in the business (hate calling it that), and it is probably getting tighter. Tomas is on record as describing his lamentable, financial state of affairs. I suspect the paucity of support on these shores hardly helps the situation. If only we could get across to more British people. So many who would love them are missing out and they just don’t know it.

Still, having said all that, the announcement does cite “unforeseen circumstances”, whereas the foregoing is always foreseeable. There does appear to be a will to fulfil these dates, so let’s remain hopeful. These things often work out for the best anyway – sometimes in unforeseen ways!

thetfordblue
                            Participant

yeah a big bummer, now reading my emails!! :(
                              had tickets for all 4 shows, hotels and trains booked
                              one good long weekend down the pan.

thetfordblue
                              Participant

i assume the colchester show gone to, they’ve yet to get in touch

suntripper
                                Participant

@thetfordblue: Ouch! I feel your pain!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 200 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994