MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012

Home Forums General MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    boomer former helm
    Participant

by the way, i am reading a nice book at the moment (just by coincidence): haruki murakami "Hard-Boiled Wonderland And The End Of The World", where unicorns play an important role and it is somehow about death defying too… :-)

Rolf
      Participant

It wouldn't surprise me if Bent is into Murakami! A possible connection there!

I love Murakami myself, but haven't read Hard-Boiled Wonderland yet.

Ooh, and the Zappanale news is great! I have a friend who is a huge zappahead & psychonaut! Maybe we'll go there!

boomer former helm
        Participant

Oh that would be interesting if there was a connection. I remember Bent singing "guide me through the winter" in 1 new song, which could speak for that. a lot of the unicorns die in winter and the main character suffers a lot from winter, disconnected from his shadow… but maybe that's completely wrong and there is no connection at all. :lol:

I am really looking forward that release.

Elvin
          Participant

This is Unicorn record is the Ståle Solbakken collaboration, yes?

boomer former helm
            Participant

yes

Holle
              Participant
                supernaut
                Participant

Double Album! Great news!

(So far I only read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami, but I can really recommend it)

Hyena
                  Participant

If I'd wanna get into Murakami, where should I start?

Hyena: One of his biggest hits is "Norwegian Wood", but "Kafka on the shore" is good too, apparently. Don't know his books personally, only professionally (bookseller here).

boomer former helm
                    Participant

I would say "Kafka on the shore", but another really great (but not typical book for him) is "Afterdark". I like that one most. The "Hardboiled Wonderland…" may be hard to get into, but it is really worth reading.

Will they visit Holland coming spring / summer, does anyone know ??

Is the coming album a live one, or a regular album ?

fillmore
                      Participant

For those of us planning to attend the MP performance at Desertfest in Berlin 20.04. we'll need to be alert about the onsale date of tickets because one-day tickets will very limited as the website states:

please note: there will NOT be single day tickets for THURSDAY! there will be single day tickets for FRIDAY & SATURDAY but in very limited quantity !!!

If you plan to stay for another night in Berlin and attend the third night of Desertfest (21.04.) you can buy two-day and three-day passes already now.

Hi! And finally we have italian dates:

– 23/04 "Bronson" – Ravenna (tickets on http://www.vivaticket.it)

– 24/04 "The Cage Theatre"- Livorno( " on http://www.ticketone.it)

– 25/05 "Bloom" – Mezzago (MI) ( " " " " ),

20 euros + d.p. for every concert,25 if you'll buy the ticket

directly the evening of the gig, advance sale will start tomorrow.

Ravenna and Livorno are new locations for the band, in

Mezzago they played several times in the '90.

What can i say, Merry Christmas and a Happy 2012 to all the

Psychonauts.

Andrea – "Casale".

Tomcat
                        Participant

Finally more dates! I guess Mezzago is in April not May? So offday after Berlin, one stop before Italy (Switzerland?) and then Italian run! Looking forward to their way back north ;-) And yeah:

Merry motorXmas Psychonauts :-)

elNibi
                          Participant

yep, Mezzago 25/4/2012! MP back at the good old bloom…fantastic!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 226 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994