MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012

Home Forums General MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Spacebandit
    Participant

About to answer fillmore's postings: I don't know any MP haters, though I like stoner rock

very much. All my buddies like MP, even if they are on something like RoToR, which is,

well impressive, but boring to listen after one hour. Most of Stoner Rock acts are.

I'm more relaxed on that, as I'd been listening for about 20 years to the mighty

Grateful Dead and related bands, until LLM came around. I like the threesome, jamming

bands, stoner like Colour Haze or The Machine, and at least it all melts together in one

band: motorpsycho. If those people don't know, they're just not experienced.

BTW: A tip on the hat: BEVIS FROND is on tour in Germany, and there'll be some nice

recordings on DIME. A thing a bit offside MP, but please check out their SUPERSEDED!!!

(Of course, only if you don't know!). Psychedelic Rock at its prime!

fillmore
      Participant

Okay, I should definitely not have said "MP-haters"! There weren't any! However there were people who cannot find anything in MP (yet?) who raised their voices against MP being one of the three headliners of DF because to them that seemed like a "waste" of precious festival-time. Apparently there were quite a few of those mails.

ThorEgil
        Participant

Yesssss!

Byscenen Trondheim, March 14 and 15. Open for all ages (Adressa). The article continues – "Storløkken and maybe one or more guests will join them in the tour"

Hi… Anyone know about a show in Denmark?

otherdemon
          Participant

So far no Danish gigs have been announced. But there are still more dates to be announced, I think. So maybe Copenhagen will get a visit?

supernaut
            Participant

just a sidenote: it occurred to me a few times now that the average Motorpsycho tour schedule amounts to about 1 month a year. Not that much for a LIVE band of their stature. And also, how does that work out for them economically?

They usually do two tours a year. One in spring and one during autumn. At least, that's what I thought.

supernaut: It's not much indeed, but that's how they've always done it. In the documentary (included on Haircuts) they said they did not want Motorpsycho to turn into a subhuman machinery, which included no endless tours. Bent and Snah are also family men, so that might have something to do with it, as does wanting to keep it fresh and fun. In the same documentary they said they could make a living out of making music, so economically it should work out. They're in it for the music! :-)

marty: That is something they do very often, indeed, but I do not think that's an integral part of their strategy. But that is what I think and I can most certainly be wrong. :wink:

Holle
              Participant

I also think that it is likely that they will do a spring and an autumn tour,

don't ask me why, just a feeling.

Quote:
                The article continues – "Storløkken and maybe one or more guests will join them in the tour"

Maybe Ola Kvernberg? – That would be awesome. :-)

supernaut
                Participant

@TvdR

yes I'm aware of these statements and beliefs from the docus and interviews and so on. :) I just wonder how this can work out financially especially if they have families to look after. Well maybe their wives have big incomes and/or my knowledge of how well the band does in Norway in sales and stuff is too poor (well, the latter is sure true). Anyway, it was just a thought, sorry for OT.

otherdemon
                  Participant

Well, in Norway we have a bunch of cultural institutions providing financial support for both recording albums and touring. And MP usually gets a nice piece of that cake because they can fill up decent size venues both in Norway and abroad. And sell a decent bunch of albums.

So that means that MP's expenses for albums and touring are significantly lowered, and they can make a decent living without touring 300 days a year :lol:

fillmore
                    Participant

But it would still be cool if they toured twice as much ;-)

@supernaut: I shoulda known I was preaching to the converted… :wink: As far as I know, Bent is in a relationship with Cecilie, who runs the business end of Motorpsycho, and Snah got divorced a while back. And how are your comments OT? At least in my view they aren't. It is thought provoking and I would surely endorse more tours, longer tours and bigger venues, apart from Immediate Motorpsychedelic Deification! :D

@otherdemon: Thanks a lot for your clarification, much appreciated!

grtz, T

fillmore
                      Participant

Thor Egil: Can you provide a link to that article from Adressa.no? Would be cool! Thanks!

ThorEgil
                        Participant

I have been looking for the article on the web, but it has turned up only in the paper edition so far – they tend to do that sometimes.

But here's a copy; try that one on google translate. :lol:

IMAG0258.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 226 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994