Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights?

Home Forums General Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    pfnuesel
    Participant

I would appreciate a copy of that show as well. I usually don't collect bootlegs, but this one seems so special, that I would love to have it. On the other hand, I don't want to overuse your hospitality, Punj Lizard.

My email address is REDACTED.

Thank you very much!

Punj Lizard
      Participant

@suntripper – Interesting. I didn't know that, though it makes a lot of sense. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the video to be uploaded somewhere. If you can give me your email address here, I'll get a copy to you via WeTransfer.

@pfnuesel – I'll get a copy to you via WeTransfer.

If anyone else is interested, give me your email address.

Please note that I recorded it on my mp3 player, which has a built-in mic. The recording was made at 320mbps, so it doesn't qualify to be uploaded to DIME, even though the files I'm sending out are now FLAC. I ask that no-one therefore upload the files to DIME. They have already been uploaded to Motortrades, for those who use that forum.

pfnuesel
        Participant

Understood. Thank you very much! Once we meet, I'll pay back in the most universal currency there is (beer). ;-)

suntripper
          Participant

Right, I gather from pfnuesel's message that I need to put my e-mail address here, but in a way that is not easily copiable – by a robot, I am guessing. So, give me something to hold on to … I'll take my chances. Hope I don't get a ton of spam now!

I might have chatted to you on the day, Punj Lizard, but, as someone who only got bitten by the Motorpsycho bug about four or five years ago (how I curse our ignorant music press and media over here – all those years denied me!) I am unable to tie up any faces with any names or IDs on here. It's cheeky of me to ask, I know.

Punj Lizard
            Participant

@suntripper I'm a newbie myself – I've not even completed 2 years of fandom. So I know how ou feel about the lack of exposure the band receives here, and all the lost years. My real name is Jonathan, and unless yours is Warren, Bent, Snah or Tomas, we didn't chat. ;)

I'll send the files later.

Punj Lizard
              Participant

@pfnuesel – thanks for the offer, but I'm teetotal so I'll take an apple juice instead of a beer ;)

suntripper
                Participant

Punj Lizard – I'm not Warren. I don't know who those other guys are… I'm Simon. Glad to learn someone else still lives in this country and has good taste. Really appreciate your efforts on my behalf.

the visitant
                  Participant

@ Punj Lizard: oh man, that would be great. Thank you!

My email is THANKS PUNJ! RECEIVED IT WELL.

Punj Lizard
                    Participant

@pfnuesel – Hi, you removed your email address before I had a chance to note it down. Please state it again as I'm setting up the WeTransfer link now.

pfnuesel
                      Participant

It's back.

Apple juice is perfectly fine!

suntripper
                        Participant

Thank you Punj Lizard. What a great way to be welcomed to the forum! I lurk no more! Considering it was an mp3 player with a built-in mic, you did an excellent job. It really brings back the feeling in the room, like I'm there again. I approve of the FLAC format too. I would like to think that you typify all followers of Motorpsycho. Going by the three gigs I've been to so far (four if you count Flashback), they are a good bunch. Hey, WE are a good bunch! If I can ever return the favour, I'd be more than happy.

suntripper
                          Participant

A footnote to the question of whether the Flashback set was successfully filmed. The guy with the camera – John Murphy – told me he was filming at the request of the Flashback store manager. Perhaps we should start politely pestering Flashback Records (the Shoreditch branch) to see if they know what has come of it. I think I'll have a go, but some other enquiries wouldn't go amiss.

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

@suntripper It's good to have another Brit on the forum – we need more British MP fans to try to make it worth the band's while to visit. But I've now travelled to Germany, Holland, Belgium and Norway to see the band and all the fans/psychonauts I've met through this forum have been friendly, helpful, welcoming.

I'll send Flashback a message asking what's happening to the video. Maybe make them aware of Motorpsychodelic Clips.

suntripper
                              Participant

I have given Flashback Records a call. It is Kieran (sp?) there who set the whole thing up. It's not him but his boss interviewing Bent and Snah in the vid. Kieran said that John Murphy, who filmed the set, had been difficult to get hold of ever since, and said something about him going on holiday (which he had mentioned to me). Perhaps it's a long holiday. Kieran suggested it might be possible to message him through his TouTube site. I've no idea how to go about that, but he posted the interview as plain 'John Murphy' – maybe someone can give him a nudge.

Kieran said he would chase it up. If anyone feels like encouraging Kieran in this, the number for Flashback in Shoreditch is 020 3780 1900 (assuming you're calling from within the UK).

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994