VERA – Groningen 15-5-2013

Home Forums General VERA – Groningen 15-5-2013

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      Quote:
      Thanks for the upload of the unknown song, by the way!

The song is well known as "Love In The Rain" from The Edgar Broughton Band as mentioned a few posts before. :wink:

mister conclusion
      Participant

Setlist-correction: "Adolf Hissler" was in fact "Arne H.", not X-3. A rather spaced-out version by the way. The band did not leave the stage after the really weird version of Hogwash, instead they discussed for a short while and then played Fool's Gold.

Cornucopia included The Other One AND California.

Good show although the sound in the Vera didn't have the volume of, say, the Hamburg show. No shaking trousers this time. And yes, an incredibly talkative audience. Friendly folks but unable to shut up even for a short while.

As usual, Reine spent a lot of time looking irritated and turning and switching things at his equipment as if he was unsatisfied or frustrated with it. But maybe this is just his usual behaviour on stage?

Reine acted like that in Bologna and in Mezzago too, so I suppose it's his normal stage behaviour, or we should suppose he's doing the wrong job :)

TAF
        Participant

@seb: Just out of curiosity, what was "really weird" about Hogwash this night?

Did anyone else notice all the studio mics that we're used? This together with two high grade mics recording the audience leaves the impression that the whole concert was recorded..

Krist Rampage
          Participant

Yes i did. Let's hope for a new Roadworks…

– Arne H was the last song of the regular set. Fantastic, long spacy version.

– X3 was planned as last song of the first encore but skipped.

– Hogwash was played very soft & groovy, building to a louder climax. Very good. It included the Can part.

– During Are You Ready Reine really freaked out, waving his guitar like a madman. After that they immediately launched into Love in the Rain, with Reine singing badass. Highlight.

– After Hogwash the band discussed on stage, decided not to play X3 and played a great, long intense version of Fool's Gold.

– After Bent's singing The Other One (whatever that is…) Reine did some soloing which Reine seemed very unhappy with. He made a made a singal to Bent to stop, after which Snah began singing Go To Cali.

Very intense, moving gig. Loud, weird, full of surprises. Just as good as Deventer but a little weirder. But that could be me.

Krist Rampage
            Participant
              ThorEgil
              Participant

Just reading all the raving reviews here, it looks like this must be the best tour ever. Topping it off with a proper live album would be amazing.

As for Reine, I saw him last autumn with Elephant9 – he had a rage attack at his volume pedal and tried to stamp it flat.

And with Dungen this spring – he entered the stage with his boxes and pedals in a bag, hooked them up on the spot and had ongoing problems keeping them connected. Looked pretty furious at times.

I guess this is just his modus operandi. A fantastic guitar player :D

mister conclusion
                Participant

@TAF

Like Krist Rampage wrote: Hogwash startet very (!) soft and groovy, just the final chorus had the usual power. Just checked the Hasselt recording: Quite similar version of Hogwash there. I prefer the older approach to the song, but it was interesting anyway.

Before the encores Bent said something like "This is our last show of this tour, so let's have some fun", then they startet with these two short and straight rockers, followed by this version of Hogwash that seemed pretty unusual to me.

A recording of this show would of course be appreciated!

Mark
                  Participant
                    TAF
                    Participant
                    Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994