Camp Motorpsycho » General

Roadburn

(36 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. nicoot

Just got the Stickman newsletter which says MP will be playing Roadburn 2018!
    I'd include a screen shot but somehow I can't...

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. Punj Lizard

Thanks for the heads-up.

I just turned down going to Roadburn with a bunch of friends - the guys that got me into MP. They're going to be so pleased. I might have to change my plans

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. crossskip

Alright then! Was already planning to go one day at least, so this will make it somewhat easier to pick one!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. pfnuesel

What day will they play?

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Dense_Fog

Amazing news!

Roadburn is the best place in the world!

My friends and I agreed that this year was the best edition ever but with Motorpsycho, GYBE!, Bell Witch, Hell (USA), Jarboe, Joy, Earthless, "the Japanese psychedelic experience" etc it'll be yet another amazing Festival! It's my home away from home!

Motorpsycho play on the first day!

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. Punj Lizard

@Dense_Fog How do you know they're playing on the first day? Is that confirmed?

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Dense_Fog

I'm sorry - it's not confirmed and there is no confirmation from the Roadburn staff yet! I just assumed that Stickman is correct in the latest newsletter saying that April 19th is the day Motorpsycho play! They also mention that a bunch of tour dates will be announced soon....fingers crossed for a even bigger tour of Europe in 2018!

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Punj Lizard

@Dense-Fog I don't see that the Stick Man newsletter mentions the specific date. It says 19-22.04.18. Of course, being Roadburn, there's the possibiity they might play twice, as some of the other bands will. I hope so.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. Dense_Fog

Ah, sorry - I didn't read the newsletter really - just scrolled down to the tour dates and let out a happy growl when I read that Motorpsycho would return to the Festival! Who knows - Spidergawd might play too - They usually do a lot of mash-ups - various clinics, solo shows...since Zola Jesus will play I'm hoping that Jex Thoth will return as well since they have the same drummer in their live band!

Roadburn is the place where dreams come true! My friends from the record store that started going to the Festival years before I did talked about how the main stage would be perfect for a GYBE!-show and in 2018 it'll finally happen!

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. crossskip

Perhaps they might be doing something exclusive, like a lot of other bands do quite often on Roadburn. 10 bucks on a Demon Box set!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. Punj Lizard

According to setlist.fm, last time they played Roadburn (2009) they played just four tracks:

Triggerman
    She Left on the Sun Ship
    Plan #1
    Riding the Tiger

But that's setlist.fm, and I have no further information - e.g. how long the set was (I'm guessing only an hour?) or if they played a second set.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. Punj Lizard

I've never been to Roadburn and know next to nothing of the other bands announced so far (with the sole exception of Earthless). The friends who got me into MP are all going and I trust their opinions. However, I'm much more into the psych experience than the doom/metal so I'm hoping there'll be enough of the former to keep me interested, especially given the price, fare and hotel expenses!

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. Johnny_Heartfield

According to past experiences you can expect a MP festival gig of around 90 - 100 minutes. That's approximately the time the played at Herzberg in 08,11 and 15, at Freak Valley 14 and at the first Krach am Bach festival. Not sure about the last one.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. Tomcat

I have to check my shelves but I remember they played around 2 hours and the setlist was quite far out, including a couple of unheard tracks (from COTF). Only one show by mp that year.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. Punj Lizard

@Johnny - In my experience, the length of festival sets is determined by (a) the organisers and tend to be from 1 to 2 hours depending also on (b) the position on the bill - obviously the bigger acts get longer sets.

@Tomcat - setlist.fm lists a number of MP gigs in 2009. :/

Any chance of seeing either of you there?

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. Tomcat

They did indeed, I was referring to the quote that some bands are playing two times at Roadburn

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. Punj Lizard

Aha! Gotcha 😁 Thanks

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. Dense_Fog

My dream set list would be

1. the entire LLM-record
    2. Hell 1-7

But they can play anything and I'll be happy!

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. Krist Rampage

According to an old setlist topic found here Roadburn 2009 they played for 170 mins. A regular set.

I really hope they add another Dutch date. Roadburn is awesome but i don't think i will be able to go.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. Tomcat

Wow, THAT long! I remember there was a
    source on two CDs but most likely incomplete ... An encore after Vortex Surfer is extraordinary as well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. Punj Lizard

170 minutes. I like the sound of that! 😁

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. Punj Lizard

Just bought my ticket for Roadburn. Hope to see some of you there.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. Juergen

Tilburg, 0 13 “Roadburn”-Festival 23.04.09
    All Is Loneliness
    Cornucopia
    Riding The Tiger
    She Left On The Sun Ship
    Triggerman
    Greener
    Taifun
    Plan # 1
    Year Zero
    Little Lucid Moments
    The Alchemyst
    Heartattack Mac
    Vortex Surfer

This was the setlist. It might be not accurate. I don't have a recording to prove this. There has always been a rumour about a recording but I have never received a copy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. @Juergen: Do you have my adandenco2 email address? Please write me!
    (Sorry for the personal message here, but it's for a greater good)

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. Juergen

Anders, you've got mail.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. nicoot

On the 'something exclusive' thing, Trust Us will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2018 and it's the next album in line in the chronology of their studio output to be re-issued as a 4-5 cd box set. Just thinking out loud...

2 sets would be nice: Trust Us and The Tower in their respective entireties...

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. Punj Lizard

@nicoot - A Trust Us set would be supersweeeeeeet.

My main concern at the moment is that there has been no corroborating announcement on either the MP site or the Roadburn site. I do hope this is a go - now that I've bought by nearly 200 euro ticket.

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. crossskip

Well the festival lineup is worth it already, but Motorpsycho would certainly be the icing on the cake!

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. cosmicmasseur

Just to let you know Motorpsycho is confirmed for Roadburn, so see ya all there!

Posted 12 months ago #
  30. Punj Lizard

Just saw it. Woohoo. See you there.

Posted 12 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.