Camp Motorpsycho » General

Motorpsycho live 2018

(184 posts)
  • Started 10 months ago by The Other Anders
  • Latest reply from otherdemon
  1. otherdemon

Ticket bought for Kolbotn 26/09.

Gonna be really cool seeing MP in such an intimate venue. Remember going to Tønsberg in 2013 to see them with Reine in a 2-300 people venue, and it turned out to be one of the best MP gigs I've ever seen

Posted 3 months ago #
  2. ThorEgil

fb event for Byscenen 2018-12-14 - https://www.facebook.com/events/309530513140666/
    Ticket link - https://byscenen.hoopla.no/sales/2890283838

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. DandelionPowderman

Got my Kolbotn-tix!

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. paolinogrande001

Strange that the Kolbotn gig isn't sold out yet, it's only 15-20 mins from Oslo S, with busses and trains going all the time, and with such a small venue! Anyone who would like to experience the good old intimate small club MP concerts really should get their fingers out and get tickets.

And still no actual Oslo gig...? Maybe when they're done with Europe?

By the way, any of you guys coming to Norway for the Drammen concert, you should really consider the possibility of coming here a few days early.

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. Punj Lizard

@ paolinogrande - I'll be coing to Drammen, but not a few days early. Instead we're staying in Oslo for a few days afterwards - but only going to the Drammen gig.

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. otherdemon

@Paolinogrande: Yeah, I was surprised about that, too. On the other hand, the gig
    isn't even mentioned on the tourdates @ motorpsycho.no, so I guess it hasn't exactly been advertised to death...

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they move it from sal 2 to sal 1 later. Sal 1 has a 400 people capacity.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. Punj Lizard

So it's now three weeks till the Norwegian shows. You all know the band better than I do, so who thinks there's a chance of some new material being played? Or will they hold off until either the November dates or the Byscenen gig or the new year? Or am I being foolish to speculate?

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. shakti

Not foolish at all, and I have been wondering the same thing. It's been a while since we heard anything new.

OTOH, it's not always a success hearing new material live. If the sound is so-so, then sometimes new material doesn't work out well. I have experienced the opposite though - at Slottsfjell 2009 they played a lot of stuff from CHild of the Future which was not yet out, but the sound was great and the showed absolutely rocked!

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. Tomcat

~ Autumn / winter 2018 ~

2018-09-26 NO Kolbotn, Kolben Kulturhus
    2018-09-27 NO Kristiansand, Teatret
    2018-09-28 NO Skien, Parkbiografen
    2018-09-29 NO Drammen, Union Scene (+ Elephant9)
    -
    2018-11-10 DE Wangels, Rolling Stoned Weekender
    2018-11-11 DE Bielefeld, Forum
    2018-11-12 DE Dresden, Beatpol
    2018-11-13 DE Erlangen, E-Werk
    2018-11-14 CH Luzern, Schüür
    2018-11-15 CH Winterthur, Salzhaus
    2018-11-16 CH Bern, Dachstock
    2018-11-17 DE Rust, Rolling Stoned Park
    -
    2018-12-08 NL Nijmegen Doornroosje (50th anniversary festival, "full show")
    2018-12-14 NO Trondheim, Byscenenen

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. ThorEgil

~ Autumn / winter 2018 ~

2018-09-26 NO Kolbotn, Kolben Kulturhus
    2018-09-27 NO Kristiansand, Teatret
    2018-09-28 NO Skien, Parkbiografen
    2018-09-29 NO Drammen, Union Scene (+ Elephant9)
    -
    2018-11-10 DE Wangels, Rolling Stoned Weekender
    2018-11-11 DE Bielefeld, Forum
    2018-11-12 DE Dresden, Beatpol
    2018-11-13 DE Erlangen, E-Werk
    2018-11-14 CH Luzern, Schüür
    2018-11-15 CH Winterthur, Salzhaus
    2018-11-16 CH Bern, Dachstock
    2018-11-17 DE Rust, Rolling Stoned Park
    -
    2018-12-08 NL Nijmegen Doornroosje (50th anniversary festival, "full show")
    2018-12-14 NO Trondheim, Byscenen - Sold Out

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. tkm

Lars Horntvedth will play with the guys this week
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BoJfJUHA6-U/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1l48bvfdd0l0b

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. ThorEgil

2018-11-30 Rune Grammofon 20 Years - Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo
    http://www.runegrammofon.com/news/

https://www.facebook.com/events/157898978475382/?ti=as

The full program for this anniversary event:
    Friday 30th November
    Maja S. K. Ratkje & Motorpsycho

Saturday 1st December
    Fire! & Hedvig Mollestad Trio

If they manage to do meet up with Maja Ratkje on stage it would be really something to remember.
    And the second night looks like something for the history books too. Four brilliant bands in two nights.

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. Tomcat

Wow, this seriously smells like new tracks and special material will be performed live in concert

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. Punj Lizard

@tkm - Thanks for the heads-up! Hopefully some new material will be played. Can't wait for Drammen.

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. otherdemon

Ticket bought for Nasjonal Jazzscene.

And seeing Lars Horntveth join them for the Kolbotn gig tomorrow =
    Expectations raised a tiny tad!

Posted 1 month ago #
  16. Abstract

Anyone need a ticket for tomorrows show? Let me know, I have a spare after a friend cancelled.

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. ijustpop

2 spare tickets for the Kolbotn gig for sale at a discount.

300 for the pair (150 NOK each)

Tlf 99625717

Posted 1 month ago #
  18. Fantastic news

Posted 1 month ago #
  19. Punj Lizard

Bob Le Bad, on the latest and upcoming gigs:

"[W]e have played quite a few festivals and gigs over the summer and have generally kept busy. It’s been a great summer for us, and we thank you all for coming out when we did – it really matters to us!

These last few days we’ve spent rehearsing with Lars Horntveth and getting both him and the boys into shape for the gigs around Norway this week. Lars is an old friend that found time to help out when Reine and Kristoffer were busy, and he will hopefully bring something different and cool to the proceedings! We’ve never had this floating pool system of 4th guys before, but it is really neat for us and each of them brings something of their own to the songs, something that keeps them fresh and fun to play. We could never keep a steady 4th member anyway, so this is probably a better sollution all in all!"

Posted 1 month ago #
  20. Tomcat

For those thinking of going to the Doornroosje anniversary - it seems mp will have 90 minutes. Which is a "full show" indeed for many bands - but not within the psychoverse :-/

I thought of going but as long as they do not announce a "special set" I might pass and wait for the next tour

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  21. JERO

@Tomcat; same here, this is a bummer. Glad I didn't buy tickets yet, will think it over some more.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  22. Tomcat

@Jero: All info came in via Facebook. It could be worth asking in Mother Tongue (also a great band) via email, phone or in person if someone is living nearby: "Een volledig optreden" is really misleading if they only allow 90 minutes :-/

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  23. JERO

@Tomcat; ik ga het ze vragen (I will ask them), just sent Doornroosje an email, when I know more I'll post.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  24. JERO

Recieved an answer to my mail from Doornroosje, MP will play 2,5 hours !!! Hurrah und Juba Juba!

Posted 1 week ago #
  25. Tomcat

Thanks for the news - that would be great of course

*news* I heard they'll soon be giving an update, I will wait until I know what it says.

Posted 1 week ago #
  26. nicoot

What's also weird is that about 12 acts will be performing that day, but the website says doors at 7 pm and start event at 8 pm. Even divided over 2 rooms within the venue, that's a bit optimistic... Especially with MP playing 2,5 hours... Anyhow, let's have a meetup!

https://www.doornroosje.nl/event/upon-the-my-o-my/

Posted 1 week ago #
  27. Tomcat

Oha, they originally said "start 4pm" which then could still have fit somehow.

Well, in case they announce sth. special for mp I'm in for a meetup and a trip to Nijmegen - otherwise not since also accommodation is pretty steep

Posted 1 week ago #
  28. The tour starts today (Nov 10th 2018). I think I might know one or two going to these concerts…

Can we expect - never expect, I know - but can we expect some new songs? It's been a while since they jammed out stuff on stage before releasing it, although technically potentially new songs aired during this tour will probably already be recorded and are maybe even on their way to the pressing plant if a January release is going to stick.

Anyway, have a blast! I'll be thinking of you all and I look forward to check the "score" every morning for the next eight days!

Posted 1 week ago #
  29. Krist Rampage

Any news on the Doornroosje show? It's so strange that they changed the event start time. Really looking forward to it though. Not only Motorpsycho but i also really want to see Ryan Porter.

Posted 2 days ago #
  30. otherdemon

Looks like Nasjonal Jazzscene will stream the Motorpsycho/Maja Rathke gig 2 weeks from now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9wf9TFgn8

Posted 2 days ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.