Camp Motorpsycho » General

Motorpsycho live 2018

(204 posts)
  • Started 11 months ago by The Other Anders
  • Latest reply from Krist Rampage
  1. Punj Lizard

@otherdemon - do you know how this stream works? Do we just have to open the link and it will run? Or is there something more to do to get access?

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. otherdemon

@Punj: I'm not sure, to be honest. I know that the venue has live-streamed a bunch of concerts previously. And those have been open to everyone in Norway, at least (not sure if they are geo-blocked)

But judging by the Youtube-streams I've seen before, it has usually been "press play and watch". Nothing more.

So I guess we'll just have to wait and see closer to the day of the concert. I have a ticket to the concert though, so I'll be there up close

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. Punj Lizard

@otherdemon - Thanks Be sure to wave at the cameras

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. otherdemon

@Punj: Thanks. It's more likely that I'll be hiding in the back of the venue

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. Tomcat

Just wanted to say thank you to all the tapers and uploaders - this mini tour is already so well documented and holds some real nuggets, it's a pleasure.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  6. Johnny_Heartfield

I subscribe to this - thanks to all the tapers on the mini-tour. Especially to Spacebandit for his own stack effort, for gathering and uploading. But also to everybody who enabled us to follow that gem of a motorpsychedelic excursion. Some of the best gigs since The Tower has been released. Obviously this year the boys were much less under pressure to stuff as many new songs as possible into a gig. At the same time you can clearly hear that both band and song material evolved quite a bit in 2018. Lots of great jams and even a new pearl of a song. Looking forward to 2019!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. Punj Lizard

You can add my thanks to those of Tomcat and Johnny H, both of whose sentiments I echo. To all tapers, Spacebandit et al., thank you so much - some great recordings and some great shows - at least those that I've heard and judging by the reports. As Johnny H said, the evolution in the Tower tracks is evident thoughout. Surprisingly, as it's one of my least favourite tracks on the album, The Cuckoo has really come alive for me, I just love the outro and the way that's developed. And that's just for starters! Sixteen minutes of brilliant Dream Home at Bielefeld; a re-energised IE; and Ship of Fools taking a slightly different tack. I've also really been enjoying Trgiggerman from the recordings - seriously in your face driving energy. And to top it all the glorious Lux Aeterna. I'm ready for The Crucible.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  8. mikke

the evolution in the Tower tracks is evident thoughout.
    tower is a great record, however the true killer feature of the record is how the songs has evolved post release.

kapstad era records are not so strong in this regard, seems like the "ideas" behind the songs was pushed too far during recording and left nothing to work on at later stage live. or maybe some of the material were in fact not good enough? a few ideas for sure were squeezed too far.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  9. Krist Rampage

I've had mailcontact with Doornroosje. MP is playing from 20:45 - 23:15.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  10. ThorEgil

~ Autumn / winter 2018 ~

2018-09-26 NO Kolbotn, Kolben Kulturhus
    2018-09-27 NO Kristiansand, Teatret
    2018-09-28 NO Skien, Parkbiografen
    2018-09-29 NO Drammen, Union Scene (+ Elephant9)
    -
    2018-11-10 DE Wangels, Rolling Stoned Weekender
    2018-11-11 DE Bielefeld, Forum
    2018-11-12 DE Dresden, Beatpol
    2018-11-13 DE Erlangen, E-Werk
    2018-11-14 CH Luzern, Schüür
    2018-11-15 CH Winterthur, Salzhaus
    2018-11-16 CH Bern, Dachstock
    2018-11-17 DE Rust, Rolling Stoned Park
    -
    2018-11-30 NO Victoria - Nasjonal jazzscene, Oslo - Rune Grammofon 20 Years
    2018-12-08 NL Nijmegen Doornroosje (50th anniversary festival, "full show")
    2018-12-14 NO Trondheim, Byscenen - Sold Out

And there is also the Svartlamon 20 years anniversary party Nov 30 / Dec 1st. No Motorpsycho announced so far.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  11. Tomcat

@Krist: That would be extraordinary long and quite special for a "festival" with 12 bands ... but 50 years is also quite special and it looks like they know what they want. Maybe that lounge is big enough to put some of the acts (?)

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  12. Krist Rampage

Quite special indeed! Good point about the lounge. Seems like the only way to let 12 bands play. Unless the festival goes on until 4 o clock.

The mail also confirmed that the festival starts at 20:00. Ryan Porter plays from 20:00 - 21:00 which is a bummer since i really wanted to see Ryan Porter and MP. What to do? Probably see the whole MP show

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  13. Fliederchris

The Doornroosje features two halls. One with a capacity of 1000+ and a smaller one, which holds 400-500. There also may be a pub stage, but I could be wrong about that. Haven't been there in ages.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  14. otherdemon

According to Instagram, Lars Horntveth will play with MP @ Nasjonal Jazzscene tomorrow.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  15. Krist Rampage

The timetable for Doornroosje is online. 21:00 - 23:15. Strange that that is different from what the mail said but ok.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  16. Tomcat

The info given in advance was a bit weird indeed. But 2h15m at prime time is still majestically long And at least there is a bit more time to change over from Ryan Kamasi Porter Washington to Norwegians finest. Glad it is finally confirmed

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  17. TheoBuhara

December 1st 2018:

Verkstedhallen, Svartlamon.

Svartlamons 20 years celebration weekend. Motorpsycho played last of 17 acts.

From Bent’s setlist:

- Ship of fools
    - Greener
    - Triggerman
    - Dreamhouse
    - Bartok
    - H. Mac
    - Taifun/The Tower

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  18. otherdemon

@TheoBuhara: Was it a trio-gig? Or did they have a 4th guy with them?

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  19. TheoBuhara

Just the three. Great show and extatic crowd. The show was kept secret (since march).

Israelvis played on friday for the first time since Pstereo 2010... which pretty much recreated the “victory concert” from twenty years ago. With added bonus performances from Trass, Rodgers, Daily Hum, Gautomatikk, Alle Grøfters Mor, Svartlamon Hardkor, Svartlamon Damekor, G.O.D.S. (for the first time in a couple of years), Brutal Kuk, Phy and many more. Great weekend!

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  20. Tomcat

Jero: Ryan Porter cancelled his tour so "less stress" before mp on Saturday

Posted 1 week ago #
  21. mikke

Posted 1 week ago #
  22. schnu underberg

shit, i was really interrested in Ryan Porter....
    but the timetalble is great, after MP: Dans Dans, and then three trapped tigers. GREAT
    see you there
    schnu "norton" underberg

Posted 1 week ago #
  23. JERO

Yeah, got the Doornroosje newsletter about that cancellation, anyway, so many promising bands will be there, so no stress at all, it's gonna be great! MP was announced originally to bring a fourth man; curious about who it will be?, I liked the contributions of Lars at the Rune-gig a lot, that would be nice. If they decide to play as a powertrio I'd be a happy man as well, 'çause that would be my first. To everyone going: have a great night!

Posted 1 week ago #
  24. Krist Rampage

Really disapointed about the cancellation of Ryan Potter. The poor man is in the hospital. Hope he gets well soon.

But yes it's gonna be great! Can't wait to see Motorpsycho again. I hope they bring Lars. And play some new songs.

Posted 1 week ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.