Camp Motorpsycho » General

MP - Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18

(44 posts)
  • Started 10 months ago by Smarti333s
  • Latest reply from Rune

Tags:

1. Smarti333s

Went from disbelief to total exstacy hearing that MP is playing in my hometown this April. Thank you MP for scheduling Victorie in Alkmaar!!

source: https://www.podiumvictorie.nl/programma/motorpsycho

Posted 10 months ago #
  2. Tomcat

Great, so it might really going to be a little tour again in April

Update: It looks like there will be no tour coming up But at least there are chances to see them live again!

Posted 10 months ago #
  3. Punj Lizard

See you there! I haven't booked my travel for Roadburn yet, so I can make it to Alkmaar. Just bought a ticket. So happy

Posted 10 months ago #
  4. I hold a ticket too! I have finally found happiness (again)

Posted 10 months ago #
  5. Rune

Oh yes, #metoo!

Posted 10 months ago #
  6. Punj Lizard

Flights booked for a trip to Amsterdam with my wife (15-18 April), following which she will return home and I will head on to Alkmaar for the show on the 18th and then Roadburn, returning home on the 23rd. Can't wait. Hoping to meet up with some of you.

Posted 10 months ago #
  7. MrKreukel

I will be at the Roadburn gig.

Posted 9 months ago #
  8. Smarti333s

Unconfirmed info: around 150 tickets sold. Capacity is 850. If you haven't decided yet, come on and buy a ticket online or just come to the venue tomorrow and get your tickets there. It will most likely be an intimate show. I guess because the band hasn't played here before and the locals haven't discovered the awesomeness of MP yet. So it might gonna be pioneer's work. Even so, I am so much looking forward to see them live again. See you there!!

Posted 7 months ago #
  9. Guybrush Threepwood

wtf, 150 sold?
    I travel tomorrow from cologne and I hope there is a full house.
    Any tips for a good location to drink a beer before the show.
    Thank you in advance

Posted 7 months ago #
  10. JERO

Yea, calling all Psychonauts, come to Nederland! Just keeping my fingers crossed the sound will be ok (after what I read about the Oslo gig)...LOUD GUITARS MAN! THESE GO TO 11 ! Also curious about what setlist will be, hope for no introductory greatest hits but for space travel (have suit) and for them to rock my brothers'socks off, so I finally convince him 110% that MP is the best rockband in the universe right now! And whatever it will be, to me it already feels like a really big :STG:highlight of 2018 anyway since the gig was anounced. Hurrah !!!!!

Posted 7 months ago #
  11. JERO

and by :stg: I meant that funny emoticon, since it will surely be Sonic, not so teenage anymore, and I don't know about Guinevere...

Posted 7 months ago #
  12. Smarti333s

@guybrush , googlemaps "Proeflokaal de Boom, Houttil, Alkmaar", it's at a 10 minute walk from the venue. A special beer café. A "really" alternative bar is Odeon, googlemaps: "Café-Bar Odeon, Hekelstraat, Alkmaar", it's a little further, but not much, 15 minute walk. Other than that, the city centre is not very big, you can stroll around and see what you like or not. See you tomorrow!

@JERO: seems like you are pretty excited to go tomorrow, same here! i've been to a concert last year in Victorie and the sound was alright to pretty good. I guess it can handle MP just about. I hope!

Posted 7 months ago #
  13. Guybrush Threepwood

@smari333s, Proeflokaal sounds good. I stay in the Kingˋs inn and thats is in the direct neighborhood. Tank ju well and see you tomorrow

Posted 7 months ago #
  14. Tomcat

One more "tourist" coming to town tomorrow 850 is too big but 200+ will be fine for an adequate motorspacy night. Sound was superb most of the time in Belgium. Still blown away by the gig. Looking forward to Alkmaar tomorrow ... so much great and wonderful jamming expected, again!

Posted 7 months ago #
  15. Tomcat

Posted 7 months ago #
  16. crossskip

Chances are increasing that I'm joining as well, the setlists are looking too good to skip this concert just cause I've to miss the last 15/20 minutes!

Posted 7 months ago #
  17. Krist Rampage

Very much looking forward to tonight! I didn't plan on going since i am already going to Welcome To The Village but i won tickets. Feel like a bonus gig for me. Very cool.

I was wondering if a venue for 850 people isn't too big. Seems like it is, like Tomcat already said. Since there also is some salsa party in the small hall moving there is not an option.

Posted 7 months ago #
  18. schnu underberg

next tourist is coming...
    after work 300km to alkmar.
    booked a bed at kings inn (thanks for info xwood)
    thursdy relaxing, friday roadburn.....!!!!

Posted 7 months ago #
  19. Krist Rampage

Have a good trip!

Posted 7 months ago #
  20. schnu underberg

thanks Krist,
    i planed to go to liege, but my (junk)car did not run.
    now, cause of the fine weather, i took one day vacant from work.
    today motorpsycling, tomorrow motorcycling...
    i hope to be eary enough at the venue, cause of trafficjams

Posted 7 months ago #
  21. Smarti333s

Just after 13:00 I cycled around the venue, no sign of the band, no tourbus, or might they travel separate of that? The weather is great, anyone interested in a few drinks in the afternoon let me know.

Posted 7 months ago #
  22. Thomas

Ship of Füüls
    Every Dream Home
    Wolkengänger
    Augusti
    Cuckoo
    Pacific Sonata
    Heartattack Mac B2S
    Bartok
    On a Plate
    Manmower
    Starhamster -->
    Spin
    The Tower
    ----
    Taifun

Posted 7 months ago #
  23. kippenhok

Greener was on the setlist between On a Plate and Manmower.

Posted 7 months ago #
  24. JERO

Yup! My brother is converted. Alas, no beer for the newborn psychonaut, he's now driving back to Zwolle and goes to work tomorrow, probably playing some MP in his classroom to a younger generation!As for me, I had a blast, it still feels so wonderful to me to witness Bent and Snah perform, the guys whose music plays such a big role in my life, like it does probably in all of yours!
    Taifun this time like a total body and soul cleansing, especially the bass pedals causing small earthquakes. Nice to see folks totally freak out (like I do, can't help it) or standing still, attentively. The Tower-songs are great for live performance as well as on studio-recording. I don't feel the same for classics like manmower, the album-recording stands like a monument for me, every time the mellotron sets in for the finale it gives me goosebumps. Wouldn't wanna miss it in the set though.On a plate worked opposite for me; on the album okay rocksong, this night in Alkmaar a blasting display of power and swing, great!
    Enjoyed Tomas's drumming very much. Very supportive, creative, never overdone.Both my brother and I (amateur musicians) felt a strong urge after the concert to play ourselves, oh, this ecstatic joy of music! I would almost quote: keep the sex and drugs (those anyway) but let me keep my rock an'roll! Psychonauts of the planet, I salute you!

Posted 7 months ago #
  25. Un.Chien.d.Espace

good job!

Posted 7 months ago #
  26. fuzzrules

I think that Spin contained a part of Eagle’s Son, released as b-side of the Visitant single

Posted 7 months ago #
  27. Krist Rampage

Amazing gig! There where more than 150 people, more like 400 i think. The band was in an excellent mood, the singing was spot on and the setlist was very good too.

I agree with Jero about On A Plate. Very good rendition. Other highlights for me where Heartattack Mac (excellent vocals by Snah!), Malibu (the jam was so amazing!), The Tower & Taifun. Loved the mellotron in that one.

I was not to happy about the sound. I was in the center a few meters from the stage. Bent was so loud it overpowered everything at times, especially in the beginning of the set.

The indeed played Eagles Son, as written on the setlist. Loved it! I also think Snah played the riff from Hell during Ship Of Fools.

I went with a collegue of mine who didn't really know the band. She absolutely loved it!

Posted 7 months ago #
  28. Smarti333s

Great day it was. Enjoyed meeting some fellow psychonauts. Thanks for the alcoholic souvenir from Germany, it will cease to exist this weekend The gig was amazing, each time is a different experience. I thought August was brilliant, super fast drumming there.
    A few more quiet songs mixed in the set list worked perfectly I think. In some jams (almost every song had one, right?) I felt like they were searching a bit before it all elevated, but eventually it did. I stood centre mid-left, agree the sound could have been better, but damn it man, enjoyed the hell pt. 1-7 out of it!

Posted 7 months ago #
  29. JERO

@ Krist Rampage right you are, Krist, we must have been nearly in the same spot (I'm the whitebearded guy with shiva shirt) and at one point I thought about moving to a different spot in the audience, as a lot of the singing and mellotron was not even audible to me. The physical sensation of that bulldozer-bass and the close view on the stage kept me from doing so, however.
    And Heartattack mac/b2s made me wanna pogo!

Posted 7 months ago #
  30. Rune

Highlight for me was Taifun, for sure.
    The restart at the end was unexpected and excellent.

Very nice to see old familiar faces in the audience! Felt like good old days!

Not the best MP gig I have seen, but hey, they can't all be the best, right?

Anyway, while I am waiting for time to process the rest, here's a link to Taifun:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hnoWyS8OLnh2uRuLx65husYGToCFwNsn/view?usp=sharing

Posted 7 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.