Camp Motorpsycho » General

Anybody up for a new tribute record?

(28 posts)
  • Started 6 months ago by Sjur577
  • Latest reply from Ercarnar

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Sjur577

It's been quite a few years since the last tribute record, and there was talk of doing a new one about eight or nine years ago. They've changed drummers and styles, recruited new fans and released a lot of music since then, and I'm thinking it's time to give something back. Like me, the band is turning 30 next year, so how about doing something special for our favourite silly butterflies?

For now, I just want to know if people are up to doing it, so please let me know!

Posted 6 months ago #
  2. supernaut

I'm up. Don't know how and with what yet. But yes.

Posted 6 months ago #
  3. Blashyrkh

Yes, count me in

Posted 6 months ago #
  4. Flippern

Sounds cool! How was it done the last time? Which songs were featured on the old tribute, and who played?

Posted 6 months ago #
  5. cjacob

6. Vegard B. Havdal

7. TraktorBass

I would love to. If anyone needs a bass player I am ready and willing.

Posted 6 months ago #
  8. Neil Tesor

@TraktorBass I'm sure Mystery Dudes might attribute?

Posted 6 months ago #
  9. Tjaaaa

I would love to contribute to a tribute

Posted 6 months ago #
  10. Ercarnar

WAIT WAIT WAIT
    Tell me more about this Project, is it something like a international tribute band? Or many bands from different places recording a cover and putting it in a compilation?

In both situations I'M IN

Posted 6 months ago #
  11. GBD

I'm in. Got a good idea

Posted 6 months ago #
  12. cjacob

If you're going to give out a new tribute record boys.... Had it been cool to get along with some "bigger" and more "famous" bands. Examples of good bands that are friends, fans or Psychonauts ... Mos Generator ... Eagles Of Death Metal . QOtSA .......... Dungen .. Anekdoten ... At The Gates. EBBOT / TSOOL ... Seigmen ... Turbonegro .... The Dogs ... Mayhem (Demon Box ah....). Jabba ... Kadavar ... Wolf People. The Heads .. Ufomammut .. Monolord.. Spidergawd ... Alain Johannes .. Gluecifer ... Jaga Jazzist.. Shining .. Big Bang .. Ida Jenshus .. Mojave Lords ...Elder...

Posted 6 months ago #
  13. Sjur577

Ecarnar: My original thought is the latter. I think that is the easiest way.

Getting a bigger band in on it is a great idea!

Posted 6 months ago #
  14. supernaut

you're taking the fun out of it...

Posted 6 months ago #
  15. Sjur577

Supernaut: I get that. I don't think anyone here is doing it for the hype, but with MP being a huge influence to many established acts in Norway, I don't think having one of them in on it would kill the fun. That is, if they are doing it out of sheer love for MP, of course.

Anyway, it seems like there is interest from at least eight different people/bands here, so with a couple more we could really do this. And that's a good thing.
    I am leaving a band these days and starting a new one over the summer, but none of them are huge psychonauts, so I might just do a bedroom recording by myself. It would be cool if people collaborated on TGC or something, though!

Posted 6 months ago #
  16. petterfe

Why not do both?

I think a more "underground" tribute record should originate from this forum, just like the first one did from the G-35 email list.

I'm sure a tribute from more established bands will happen soon anyway...

Posted 6 months ago #
  17. marc

i would give it a shot when plans grow more precise. just had a look at the first tribute. it covers all albums until trust us. so maybe it would be nice to focus on the releases from let them eat cake on...and to avoid having everyone pick raisins from the nineties

Posted 6 months ago #
  18. Tjaaaa

Agree with marc here. The old albums got theyr tribute. Also, would be interesting to hear versions from the Kenneth/Tomas albums, some of those songs can be quite diffucult to cover.

Posted 6 months ago #
  19. Sjur577

I am very open to that idea, though my favorite records are from the 90s. There's always something from Phanerothyme or BH/BC I can cover.

Also, I am very open to ideas about how to make this happen:)

Posted 6 months ago #
  20. Ercarnar

Hello, you have your Kenneth-era fan here

Posted 6 months ago #
  21. Sjur577

I've started playing around with Trixeene, 29th, ASFE and Year 0. Also looking into Ozzylot.

A great way to get the ball rolling is if people tell which songs they want to do.

EDIT: I know a few people who work with music management and publishing, and will look into how to eventually get this printed and published. Would be really cool if this could be more than just an online release.

Posted 6 months ago #
  22. Ercarnar

These are some I'd love to play:
    -Here Be Monsters
    -Gullible's Travails
    -Starhammer
    -Bartok of the Universe

Posted 6 months ago #
  23. GBD

I'm doing my take on 7th dream

Posted 5 months ago #
  24. TAF

Looks like I'm late to the party!

I've toyed around with a couple of MP covers in the past, namely, Starhammer and Mr. Victim. I'll try to finish them up, and see if either of them can fit on a collection like this.

Posted 5 months ago #
  25. autovern

I'm in, that is my band(s), one or the other.

Posted 4 months ago #
  26. Sjur577

Been a busy summer, so I've kind of forgotten about this haha. I hope people are still up for it. Myself, I'll try to get my recording equipment back(lent it to a friend in Oslo when I live on the West Coast. Great.) set up over the next weeks.

Posted 3 months ago #
  27. Blashyrkh

Bump this thread

We already got these possible songs and contributors:

- Trixeene, 29th, ASFE, Year 0 or Ozzylot (Sjur577)
    - HBM, Gullible's Travails, Starhammer, Bartok (Ercarnar)
    - 7th Dream (GBD)
    - Starhammer or Mr. Victim (TAF)
    - Bedroom Eyes or The Ocean in here Eye (Blashyrkh)
    - Vegard suggested the band "Karsk Gutan"

Maybe to keep this thing alive, we can record a rough version of your choice and start from there?
    There are also 13 songs in totals. Could it be possible to contribute on each others' songs?

Posted 1 month ago #
  28. Ercarnar

I might try recording something, even if right now I'm quite buisy (moving to a new town, looking for another job, recording my band's new record...).

Contributions would be great: if somebody needs a guitar/drum/bass/vocal track but can't play/sing it we could help each other. BUT...everybody should have ideally the same DAW, or at least record with the same specifications and quality, it might get complicated!

Posted 1 month ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.