Camp Motorpsycho » General

Hey everyone (new member saying hello)

(16 posts)
  • Started 3 months ago by the visitant
  • Latest reply from Punj Lizard

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. the visitant

Hey everyone! Been reading this great board for some years, but finally took the plunge to add in. Been a fan for nearly 20 years now but not nearly as knowledgeable as many of you.(first Motorpsycho-experience: august 2000, Pukkelpop, Belgium - pop phase still ranks right up there for me)
    I'm having a heavy listening phase right now, prompted by these new Roadwork-editions: mostly 5 and 3, some 4 thrown in. And I felt like joining in.

Anyway, I wrote something on Motorpsycho a couple years back on my random music website (now defunct): What I like about Motorpsycho Still says it better than I could right now.

Looking forward to discuss one of my favorite bands with you all!
    They're pretty great, right?

Posted 3 months ago #
  2. TraktorBass

Welcome, friend!

Posted 3 months ago #
  3. the visitant

Thanks, TraktorBass!

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. Bartok

Great text! Made me want to play one of the oldies again, maybe some Cake on this rainy day. Thanks! And Welcome!

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. Valderrama

Thanks so much, wonderfully written!

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. Punj Lizard

As a reltively new member myself, welcome to the group. I look forward to reading your posts.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. Blashyrkh

Welcome !

So if you saw them on Pukkelpop, you're also from Belgium?

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. JERO

Yes, mr. Visitant, you wrote a very good article on MP there, looking for the core-experience of their music to put into words, very good. Ofcourse this forum will always be a lot about lists, tips and tastes, but actually, this kind of contribution I like the most; what is the MAGIC and the WONDER to you, to us (not to analyse it perse, but to describe these indeed life-changing experiences through the communication that is music)! Keep on!

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. the visitant

@ Blashyrkh: Yep! From Leuven.
    Last saw a MP-related concert in february. Bol & Snah at Sojo, which is almost right around the corner.
    And you?

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. Blashyrkh

@the visitant, I'm from Mechelen
    I also saw Bol & Snah at Sojo. An amazing show!

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. nicoot

Hello and welcome, vistant! Negenduust Gent talking here See you all in Maastricht 2 September?

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. the visitant

@Nicoot: Would be cool! It depends what time they play - first day of the schoolyear on monday, so...

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. nicoot

Probably in the evening. But hey I start work at 9 am in Gent the next morning, let's do this

Posted 2 months ago #
  14. crossskip

Sleep is for the weak anyway! I'll be there as well

Posted 2 months ago #
  15. punknotyet

Hi everyone!
    Long time reader, first time writer here :).

I have a stupid question - how to navigate through "CAMP MOTORPSYCHO » GENERAL" topics in order to see older ones?
    It's said, that there are 3,550 topics here, but I can't see magic buttons with page numbers below the screen, so the latest available topic (at the moment) is "Your band".
    When I use "Search", then these buttons (like "1 2 3 … 30 Next »") are available, but then I need to know what to search :).

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  16. Punj Lizard

Welcome punknotyet. Sorry. I can't help with the navigation - it's a mystery to me too

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.