Camp Motorpsycho » General

Düsseldorf 2018

(36 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by Johnny_Heartfield
  • Latest reply from Tomcat

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Johnny_Heartfield

Anyone going there from Cologne and willing to give a lift? Might have to skip the concert otherwise )-:

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. mybestfriend83

No Sorry, I come from another Town right next to Düsseldorf ...And by Train. what about a flixbus..? Seems to be cheap.. Hope you gonna make it...

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. Johnny_Heartfield

There's just 2 flixbus trains every day to Düsseldorf or back during the day - at absolutely stupid times. Regional trains - well, try to get one after the gig - hourlong waiting guaranteed. And not quite cheap.

As I'm getting older, probably lazy and am quite broke this month I promised myself only to attend the gig in case of a lift from Cologne. Would like to - but we'll see...

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. mybestfriend83

Oh okay.. Yes it is true.. Just 2 flixtrains.. Hmm strange... Back then it was better.. Anyway just found someone on a site named Busreisen. Com but you have to be fast.. Don't know if you can use it. Cost only 3 euros
    good luck

https://m.blablacar.de/trip-koeln-duesseldorf-1170485318?comuto_cmkt=DE_BUSLINIENSUCHE_ALL_API_AS&permanent_id=1170485318-koeln-duesseldorf&utm_campaign=DE_BUSLINIENSUCHE_ALL_API_AS&utm_medium=API&utm_source=BUSLINIENSUCHE

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. Punj Lizard

Does anybody have any suggestions for somewhere to meet up before the gig? I'll be landing in Düsseldorf about 10.30am. A couple of friends from the UK will be arriving about 15.00.

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. I will be at ZAKK at around 5pm. Thought of spending my time there eating and drinking.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. Punj Lizard

That's a pretty good idea. Why didn't I think of that? Ha ha.

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. Tomcat

You will not be able to enter that early I'm afraid. I got word that doors might open even at half past seven only (L.M. 20:30 / mp 21:30) so 7pm there with "pre" beer bought on the way sounds reasonable.

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. oh, ok. so i will see how i survive the 2hours before 7pm.

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. Tomcat

Possible meet-up places that offer warm food:

B(r)auhaus "Das Uerige am Markt"
    https://goo.gl/maps/Rq18LUxhuSx

or

"Clube Portuguese" (opens 6pm)

https://goo.gl/maps/poWmqz4FRrK2

Both in walking distance to Zakk.

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. Spacebandit

Have fun in Düsseldorf and don't forget to push the record button.

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. Punj Lizard

@ Tomcat - thanks for the timings and meeting place suggestions. Das Uerige am Markt looks good to me. I'll check with my travel companions, but I'd be happy to meet up there with whoever makes it.

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. I agree, Das Uerige looks good. I will be there at around 5, looking or waiting for you

Posted 2 months ago #
  14. Punj Lizard

@boomer - I'll see you there. I should be with two other blokes. At least one of us will be wearing a Motorpsycho T-shirt (I would guess) I'm about 1.85m, wear thick-rim glasses and have a light beard. Hopefully you should be able to spot us!

Posted 2 months ago #
  15. the visitant

Have a great time, guys! I hope it's a totally spaced out show.

Posted 2 months ago #
  16. @Punj Lizard: Oh great, we will. Some other folks will be attending as well. We will be somehow recognize us fellow Psychonauts I am sure

Posted 2 months ago #
  17. mybestfriend83

Yo what about Johnny Heartfield..? Are you going to make it..?

Posted 2 months ago #
  18. Punj Lizard

Good question. It'd be good to see you again Johnny. Hope you manage to make it.

Posted 2 months ago #
  19. Tomcat

There might be ppl from Cologne going back by car afterwards, not sure but I can ask if that helps.

Posted 2 months ago #
  20. Johnny_Heartfield

Going back from Düsseldorf is exactly the problem. Spending some time in DD before the concert is quite o.k.

I finally decided against the concert for several reasons, one of them being the 2018 setlists that up to now hardly contain any surprises and I don't think any Tower gig this year might reach the heights of last year's Cologne or Leipzig. Considering that and my momentarily scarce monetary resources I decided to go to Finkenbach Festival instead - near my old hometown Heidelberg in August.

My annual Motorpsycho gig will then most likely be Maastricht in september where the gig is free and bus tickets from Cologne available at reasonable prices.

Nevertheless I wish you a brilliant gig and a good time in Düsseldorf. Enjoy yourselves!

Posted 2 months ago #
  21. naur

@Tomcat: Do you know for sure that MP begins the show at 21:30h?

Posted 2 months ago #
  22. Punj Lizard

@Johnny. Sorry to hear you won't be making it. We'll miss you.

Posted 2 months ago #
  23. Johnny_Heartfield

But I do hope for a decenct recording. Makes it easier for me not to attend. So raise your voices (but not during the songs)

Posted 2 months ago #
  24. Tomcat

@naur: Not sure about that, it is what the booker said. Those timings can always change of course ... As long as there is a support band, mp may not start playing before 9pm and not later than 10pm. In case L.M. are losing their way (or balls ) you better be early though

Posted 2 months ago #
  25. Punj Lizard

I've been listening to a bit of Love Machine. The music's a bit dated but it's got a great US West Coast pysch vibe à la Jefferson Airplane et al. I'm looking forward to seeing how they sound on stage. Having said that I'd rather have three hours of MP

Posted 2 months ago #
  26. naur

I hope for a Pacific Sonata. Anyone knows if Kristoffer Lo is with them or Reine?

Posted 2 months ago #
  27. mybestfriend83

I am too hoping for the pacific sonata. It wasnt played last time in cologne. Dont know who is on stage . Last time they played live i think reine was with them but i Dont know about this gig.. Anyway going to head for Düsseldorf in the next hours.. And it is fucking hot._._.

Posted 2 months ago #
  28. Punj Lizard

Yeah it's really fucking hot in Düsseldorf.

Another vote for A Pacific Sonata here. I saw them play it in Alkmaar and it was my favourite of the night. But my friends from UK who are with me have not seen them play it and I know one of them loves it. Fingers crossed.

Posted 2 months ago #
  29. otherdemon

@naur: I read on Lo's instagram that he's busy this week preparing for a special
    gig with Ola Kvernberg. So my guess is Reine will join them today + Burg Herzberg
    tomorrow.

Posted 2 months ago #
  30. naur

Or just the three. We will knew in a few hours.

Posted 2 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.