Camp Motorpsycho » General

Stina Stjerne vs Motorpsycho

(21 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by kjellepelle
  • Latest reply from vanbloom
  1. kjellepelle

Stina Stjern's Numbness plays Stina Stjern vs Motorspycho is now up for pre-sale in our web shop.

The double vinyl album features seven Motorpsycho tracks arranged by Stina Stjern as they where performed by the NTNU Jazzensemble at the Trondheim Jazz Festival in 2015.
    All tracks are recorded in Øra Studio, Trondheim, by Karl Klaseie in June 2016 and mixed and mastered at Greener Mastering in the spring of 2017.

The album is limited to 400 copies in total. 100 copies will be distributed via Stickman Records in Germany, 100 copies will be sold through All Good Clean Records. The last 200 copies will be sold at the three concerts in Oslo, Trondheim and Namsos in the start of September. All copies is pressed in 180g's black and white vinyl, housed in printed inner sleeves and a heavy weight gatefold cover in matt finish.

Release concerts:
    Thursday 6. september: Hærverk, Oslo
    Friday 7. september: Namsos Kulturhus, Namsos
    Saturday 8. september: Lobbyen, Trondheim

Tracklist:
    1. Come on in
    2. ‘s Numbness
    3. Wearing yr Smell
    4. Leave it like that
    5. Junior
    6. Another ugly tune
    7. Sinful, Wind-borne

Musicians:
    Rohey Taalah
    Siril Malmedal Hauge
    Cattis Janner
    Stina Stjern
    Hallvard Gaardløs
    Karl Bjorå
    Ola Djupvik
    Axel Skalstad
    Ivan Blomqvist
    Elisabeth Lied Trøen
    Simen Bjørkhaug
    Sondre Ferstad

link pre-sale

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. pfnuesel

Sweet.

Posted 4 months ago #
  3. ThorEgil

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. mybestfriend83

Ohhh just 400... I like Stina Stjern very much since her Debut... Is there any chance to get this record via spotify...?

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. Flippern

Cool! If anyone here were at the concert or have heard the record please tell me more about it. Lots of great musicians there, and i’m curious how they would interpret these tracks.

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. mister conclusion

Stickman:
    "This album is currently on presale and will be released shortly before the concerts on August 31, 2018."

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. mefisto

Seems like AGCR is already out of stock on this one....

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. pfft

It still says "In stock" when I visit the AGCR site...

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. mefisto

Have you tried to check out? I could also put it in the cart, but at checkout, it was none more left...

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. pfft

Oh, that's a bummer. I ordered my copy the minute it was posted on FB, so I'm all set.

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. petterfe

Very limited quantities available at the shows, so I recommend being there early if you want a copy of the album!

I had a meeting with Stina yesterday about the Oslo show and suggested that the label should do a repress already. So let's see...

Would anybody here want the album on CD?

Posted 3 months ago #
  12. kjellepelle

Talked with Jakob/AGCR about the same thing yesterday. It was supposed to be very ltd but it might warrant a re-press,due to the interest.

Posted 3 months ago #
  13. otherdemon

@petterfe: I'm going to the Kafe Hærverk show, so I'm buying the vinyl.

However, it would be nice if one got access to a download-code or something...

Posted 3 months ago #
  14. Blashyrkh

Received my vinyl today (but it's still at the post office, 'cause I wasn't home)
    I will get it tomorrow and do a small review.

Anyone else already got its?

Posted 3 months ago #
  15. pfft

I picked up my copy today. Haven't had time to play it yet, but it looks beautiful!

Posted 3 months ago #
  16. kjellepelle

Also got the album. Just heard a couple of tracks. Kinda lacks the punch in the vocal department is my first complain.

Posted 3 months ago #
  17. marc

So, received it today and currently spinning for the second time. I am pretty surprised. I had expected a rather conventional, mainly instrumental jazz effort. Instead, full band-lineup, some horns, synths and lots of vocals. Also some rather poppy moments. When they try to "rock", it doesn't do much for me...simply no match to the original massive sounds. Still, it works well as a smooth jazzy indie-pop album with some experiments sprinkled in between.

Posted 3 months ago #
  18. grindove

Worth the money for me! Especially good when they keep things soft and calm. I agree with marc concerning the rocking - I really could do without "Sinful, wind-borne", which is the one sounding closest to the original, and also where the vocals seem the weakest.

But some really nice interpretations. "Another ugly tune" works remarkably well.

Posted 3 months ago #
  19. petterfe

Last night's release party at Kafé Hærverk in Oslo was great! Full house and good times. Got me a copy of the album, but haven't listened to it yet, so I don't know how it compares to the live versions of the songs.

Posted 3 months ago #
  20. ThorEgil

For those lucky enough to grab one of the albums but didn't make it to one of the release concerts. Here's how it looked like - in Lobbyen, in Motorpsychos neighbourhood. And yes, God himself was there and was positively superstoked.

https://thoregilphoto.com/2018/09/08/2018-09-08-stina-stjern-lobbyen/

Posted 3 months ago #
  21. vanbloom

If anyone is interested I have 7 copies of the vinyl for sale! Its pretty much sold out everywhere now so be quick if you want one!

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.